Cloud Serpent Riding request to be account bound

I understand there were people getting this rep to exalted in matters of hours after hitting lvl 90 with all the eggs farming but since they change this, why not make this account bound if you have this on 1 of your toons or even faccion merge if you want other faccion to be grind again. It would be nice to use so of these new serpent mounts is some of the alts that have the actual lvl requirements.

The Thundering Cloud Serpents have the same problem, or at least did, where you couldn't mount them unless you were exalted with the August Celestials. Honestly, I think it's good that some mounts will remain hard to work for, however, I don't think they should have made that extend to rep mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was pretty bummed out to discover I couldn't use my Cloud Serpent when I got my second character to 90.

It didn't bother me much after the initial "oh that sucks, I have to get get rep with Order of Cloud Serpents to ride it" moment though. And I freely admit that I love the blue post that you should actually HAVE a main that has vanity items that differ from your other characters.

Though I will say this; Blizzard tends to integrate things that are vanity related as they make quality of life changes as the expansions age - so do not get bent out of shape about this. Netherwing Mounts are a good example of something similar to Cloud Serpents.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I was pretty bummed out to discover I couldn't use my Cloud Serpent when I got my second character to 90.

It didn't bother me much after the initial "oh that sucks, I have to get get rep with Order of Cloud Serpents to ride it" moment though. And I freely admit that I love the blue post that you should actually HAVE a main that has vanity items that differ from your other characters.

Though I will say this; Blizzard tends to integrate things that are vanity related as they make quality of life changes as the expansions age - so do not get bent out of shape about this. Netherwing Mounts are a good example of something similar to Cloud Serpents.
    they dont bother to much, I did the same as you did but I lvl first my alt in the opposing faccion and nothing so since I couldnt verify with someone else, i tried the same with another toon to lvl in the same faccion to see got all they way to lvl 89 on it and then someone else verified for me that it doesnt transfers as well.

I did notice this today. I got exalted with all faccion and got the pandaren kite and after finishing everything I logged to my alts to find out that the mount is not account wide as well. Look at the achievement is not blue as the other ones. I faccion rep grind is one thing but all to get the mount on a alt., I dont think so.

they'll prolly remove the cloud serpent riding requirement once MoP is over. I'd do that if I were a dev. keep it exclusive while it's shiny, but open it to all once it's outdated.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    they'll prolly remove the cloud serpent riding requirement once MoP is over. I'd do that if I were a dev. keep it exclusive while it's shiny, but open it to all once it's outdated.
    true, true

Deleted
    Yup, should be account wide. Also should allow you to fly in Pandaria at 85 once you have completed the 5 characters to 90 achievement, it's not like there's anything new to discover and encourages alt leveling as another means to stop burnout.

They should also have the VP faction vendors unlock for all your characters once one character on the account reaches Revered or Exalted with the faction. The increased rep coming in 5.1 is not good enough, it still requires grinding dailies. I'd much prefer alts having a reason to run heroics to cap VP each week, would help with queues, etc.

Maybe a BoA for 10k that you can send to alts to learn serpent flying?

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    Maybe a BoA for 10k that you can send to alts to learn serpent flying?
    another good idea except for the fact of the 10k, maybe a bit less would be nice since you already achievement such feast as getting exalted in the first place with them on 1 toon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    MoP is out 5 weeks and people complain about too much to do? Funny how during people complained that in Cata there was to little to do (especially on alts: Lv to 85, buy pvp gear, do HoT, queue for LFR, have all epics you need in a week).

Make up ypur mind ladies. If you think your toon MUST ride a serpent, grind that rep. It is not like that toon couldn't fly on one of the other 50 mounts you have ^^
    no it just sucks not beeing able to ride on a mount i farmed 3-4 weeks for, and yes i sit on my alt alot gearing him up for PvP. so i would like to ride a mount i farmed for yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember Cold Weather Flying , once you got it, there was a heirloom you could get to give it to alts, but only after you originally got it. Perhaps the same could be applied?
    Howay the lads!

They've already said they didn't like how the Tome worked out in Wrath (which is one of the reasons it's not currently available now). I doubt we'd see it for Cloud Serpent riding.

You can request here but I don't think anyone here can do anything about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    A tome for flying at 86-87 would be great however CSR only takes a week to max out (if you are lucky during egg hunts, 2 if your bad luck brian). I feel its a nice part of the mop exp. no need to sour it by making it account bound

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    You can request here but I don't think anyone here can do anything about it.
    Since this isnt the official WoW forum noone here can do anything

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsagget View Post
    I remember Cold Weather Flying , once you got it, there was a heirloom you could get to give it to alts, but only after you originally got it. Perhaps the same could be applied?
    The tome came out the 2nd or 3rd patch for WotLK so if they add something like this, it'll probably the 2nd or 3rd patch into this expansion.

Hopefully some day Blizzard will realize that doing the same boring series of quests repeatedly doesn't extend the life of the game, it shortens it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    no it just sucks not beeing able to ride on a mount i farmed 3-4 weeks for, and yes i sit on my alt alot gearing him up for PvP. so i would like to ride a mount i farmed for yes.
    You can ride the mount you farmed for. On the character you farmed it on. Which makes perfect sense.

This is just another stepping stone. The mounts from the Kurenai in Nagrand were held behind rep, but back then mounts were not account wide. Now you have a mount that is account wide, but tucked behind rep. I figure if I want my alt to use that mount I will either level the rep, or wait for Blizz to remove the rep req Easy fix.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 02:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kenshinag View Post
    The tome came out the 2nd or 3rd patch for WotLK so if they add something like this, it'll probably the 2nd or 3rd patch into this expansion.
    3.2 and it was 8 months after the launch. I would imagine we might get something in 5.2, but hard to say these days with the way Blizz is just tossing in the curveballs.