Disc priest macros ..MOP

I suck at macros, but i need one for Spirit shell/PI and AA.. I want to be able to macro all 3 to make it easier, also i seen that spirit shell on 25 man is best used 14 secs prior to AOE damage, but is it the same for 10 man. I just recently went to Disc from holy and i love it!!!... Got sick of the non thinking holy play-style. Last night in HOF i topped meters due to Spirit shell. Thanks in advanced..

Arent all three abilities off the GCD?

/use Spirit Shell
    /use Archangel
    /use Power Infusion

power infusion can only target yourself now right? that should work then.

Theres no rule about when you want to use spirit shell, it really depends on how much damage is incoming that needs to be mitigated. Keep in mind that divine aegis has a cap, get a feel for how many heals it takes to reach that cap under spirit shell

Deleted
    Macroing Archangel to Spirit Shell is a good idea, but personally I wouldn't use Power Infusion in the same macro. Personal preference though, I suppose.

As to when to use SS, pop it 15-17 seconds before the anticipated dmg spike. You need roughly 14 seconds or so to apply 3 PoH's to each grp which will get you to or close to the cap depending on gear, what procs are up etc...

#showtooltip Spirit Shell
    /run sfx=GetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX");
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /cast Archangel
    /cast Spirit Shell
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX",sfx);

Script is there so you won't get the annoying "spell is not ready" messages (text or sound) if for example you don't have any evangelism stacks when you use the macro.

Another very nice macro to use is

/run sfx=GetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX");
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /cast Inner Focus
    /cast [target=mouseover] Prayer of Healing
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX",sfx);
    Last edited by mmoc1b009d603f; 2012-11-14 at 01:41 AM.

Deleted
    Keep em' coming!

Macro to have all your 90 tier talents on one button, so when you change your talent you don't have to go find the new spell in your spellbook. This will work for any tier and any class, just replace the names with the respective talents you want to use.

#showtooltip
    /use Cascade
    /use Divine Star
    /use Halo
    /run SetMacroSpell("90 Talents", GetSpellInfo"Cascade" or GetSpellInfo"Divine Star" or "Halo")

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post

Theres no rule about when you want to use spirit shell, it really depends on how much damage is incoming that needs to be mitigated. Keep in mind that divine aegis has a cap, get a feel for how many heals it takes to reach that cap under spirit shell
    -_-;;;;

You don't use spirit shell just to use it, you time it with boss abilities ffs...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Urumii View Post
    Macro to have all your 90 tier talents on one button, so when you change your talent you don't have to go find the new spell in your spellbook. This will work for any tier and any class, just replace the names with the respective talents you want to use.

#showtooltip
    /use Cascade
    /use Divine Star
    /use Halo
    /run SetMacroSpell("90 Talents", GetSpellInfo"Cascade" or GetSpellInfo"Divine Star" or "Halo")
    Nice one, very convenient as i swap back and forth all the time!

One thing though, make sure you name the actual macro "90 Talents" or the tooltip/icon won't work (or change the bold bit to whatever you call your macro)

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post

/use Spirit Shell
    /use Archangel
    /use Power Infusion

power infusion can only target yourself now right? that should work then.

As far as I know Archangel bonus does not affect Spirit Shell. So you should avoid combining the two completely. I usually stack up Evangelism, instantly pop spirit shell and cast whatever amount of casts I can, and when Shell expires you still have the Evang stacks and can pop Archangel and keep on going. Actually now I'm not sure if it's the case anymore, it was at some point... Anyway, I think you'll end up capping Spirit Shell in any case, so unless you know you're limited to only a few casts, and if Archangel affects it, I wouldn't combine the two.

PI is only self now, yes.

Also Divine Aegis does not apply during Spirit Shell, so, you can stack up Spirit Shell and then after dropping the buff you can stack up Divine Aegis next to Shell.

Just worth noting, not to rain on anyones parade
    Last edited by Mythricia; 2012-11-16 at 02:49 AM.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythricia View Post
    Also Divine Aegis does not apply during Spirit Shell, so, you can stack up Spirit Shell and then after dropping the buff you can stack up Divine Aegis next to Shell.

Just worth noting, not to rain on anyones parade
    Did not know this :P very interesting, thanks!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Archangel not working with Spirit Shell was fixed, so they do stack now.

Deleted
    Yep, AA and SS do work together now, Inner Focus still doesn't though.

Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    Yep, AA and SS do work together now, Inner Focus still doesn't though.
    At the time this was true, but now SS works with everything. Period <3

As an herbalist, I have an "I win button" with the above:
    #showtooltip Spirit Shell
    /cast Lifeblood
    /cast Power Infusion
    /cast Spirit Shell

Haste from Lifeblood scales with Power Infusion... Yeah...

Some fights you might want to spread this out a bit more, but I actually prefer these abilities stacked up. This macro is, of course, much stronger than my PW:B, allowing me to bring two major Healing Cooldowns on a 3 min or less cd. Makes me feel bad for my fellow healer who is a druid with his silly tree-form. :P

P.S. Even though Inner Focus does now work with Spirit Shell, I usually don't use it with it. Why? Because, as a 10 man raider, I have no trouble getting everyone up to the limit (or very close) predamage. Also, as I often use Spirit Shell with Power Infusion, Inner Focus is a bit of a waste (25% mana cost reduction). I prefer to use Inner Focus on cooldownish to top the raid as the direct healing is very substantial. All depends on fight of course.

Deleted
    Emergency Pain Suppression with shield (you can delete middle one if you don`t play draenei)

/stopcasting
    /cast [target=mouseover] Pain Suppression
    /cast [target=mouseover] Gift of the Naaru
    /cast [target=mouseover] Power Word: Shield

same with Void

/stopcasting
    /cast [target=mouseover] Void Shift
    /cast Desperate Prayer

Deleted
    the void shift, desperate prayer is awesome.

personally its the only one i use, until i get a clickable regen trinket, then i shill bind it to AA. i like to have control over when things take place.

I definitely prefer to have my Power Infusion separate from Spirit Shell. It's useful to be able choose when to use it independently of spirit shell. When I choose to take Desperate Prayer though, linking it to Void shift is really helpful. Lately I've been taking Divine Bulwark because of the lower CD and the fact that it doesn't require a GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksiadz View Post
    /stopcasting
    /cast [target=mouseover] Void Shift
    /cast Desperate Prayer
    I tried this macro, but it would cast Desperate Prayer before Void Shift went off. I made sure they were in the correct order, but the server didn't seem to register the health swap fast enough, so instead I would heal myself for a tiny amount with Desperate prayer, and be left with very low health after Void Shift registered.

Deleted
    ^^
    Have the same issue. It doesn't happen every time though, which is weird.

Deleted
    Is there any chance of getting an updated version of some of these macros due to the fact the Inner Focus macro for me does not work, free casts POH but doesn't kick Inner Focus in when off CD.

Deleted
    Thats because you're chain casting and it just skips to the next poh. Stop for a fraction of a second before you cast and IW will activate