Quick Question about the New Souls

I've been playing Rift off and on since head start, but I've never stuck with it long enough to get level capped. Nothing against it, I love the game, it just hold my interest as long as other things. But I'm really excited to check out the new souls, particularly the Tempest and the Harbinger. Will the four new souls be available to everyone when the servers come up (I can only assume they're having extended maintenance right now for launch), or must you buy the expansion to access the new souls? My highest level character is my mid-30's cleric. I know it doesn't take long to get level capped, but I tend to play Rift when I'm bored of other games, and when I do play it, I like to take my time and enjoy it, so I also have a Mage and Rogue in their mid-20s. I'm just not to keen on the idea of buying an expansion pack for an MMO when I'm not already level capped.

Thanks in advance for the answers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    buy the expansion to access the new souls
    12345678910chars

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    12345678910chars
    Was worried about that. Oh well. This week's pay check is one out of four 3-week paychecks we get a year, so I won't feel too guilty going ahead and buying it, even though I'd only be taking advantage of the new souls for a decent while.
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a sidenote, 3-Week paychecks are the bomb-diggidy. Its always awesome to have extra cash in pocket for something new and shiny.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't buy the Storm Legion Expansion, you will still have the new Souls, even Rift Lite, the play for free until level 20, will have the new souls

You will also have access to a free Dimension (player housing) from level 7, again open to everyone even with no Expansion, of course with no Expansion you can't level past 50 and certainly can't travel to the new Continents

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    of course with no Expansion you can't level past 50 and certainly can't travel to the new Continents
    Oh, sweet! I'll hold off then. Once I get a toon to 50 I'll pick it up. As long as I can gain access to the new souls.

Turns out you do have to buy the expansion to unlock the new souls. Ah well. Payday comes soon enough.