1. #1
    Mechagnome Cathias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Bat cave.
    Posts
    515

    [5.1] Shado-pan or DMC trinket?

    Right, so after the 5.1 nerf(dodge on use reduced by around 5k) what would be best? the shado pan or the DMC trinket, I currently have the DMC trinket but I am doing my dailys to get the Shado-pan one aswell, what would you guys think?

    Discuss!

    Darkmoon Faire: Relic of Niuzao

    Shado-pan:Lao-Chin's Liquid Courage

  2. #2
    afaik valor trinket is bis.

  3. #3
    Mechagnome Cathias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Bat cave.
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    afaik valor trinket is bis.
    Cleary, that is the most tought trough comment today, The darkmoon trinket currently boosts my dodge from 9% to 18% for 12 seconds every 1 minute, I havent tried the Shado-pan one thats why I ask, not to see some guy reply "afaik valor trinket is bis".

  4. #4
    Field Marshal Nakiami's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Currently reside in Japan, lived most of my life in Georgia, USA
    Posts
    92
    For us, mastery> dodge, so it stands to reason that the one with mastery would be better. Especially with the incoming nerf to the dodge rating granted by the dmc.
    Last edited by Nakiami; 2012-11-13 at 04:27 PM.

  5. #5
    Fluffy Kitten Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,219
    I would stick with shado pan. Someone calculated that the pre-nerf Niuzao is equivalent to 3000+ mastery stat-weight-wise (I really need to dig up that post again). Dodge is our weakest stat too.

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    Cleary, that is the most tought trough comment today, The darkmoon trinket currently boosts my dodge from 9% to 18% for 12 seconds every 1 minute, I havent tried the Shado-pan one thats why I ask, not to see some guy reply "afaik valor trinket is bis".
    If something is bis, there is a reason to it. Just learn to use said item correctly.

  7. #7
    With the Niuzao on-use effect reduced, the Shado-Pan trinket will give more stats (more stamina, more rating), better stats (mastery > dodge), and also last longer (15s vs 10s, with the same cooldown). So yeah, the Liquid Courage is definitely better. The only question left is whether there's something else more beneficial you should spend valor on first.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    If something is bis, there is a reason to it. Just learn to use said item correctly.
    What you're not realizing is that the answer is unhelpful. People like to understand the why to things, not just be told to do them. If they don't understand why, then they have learned nothing of value. How will he know when to stop using it? If it changes, or a new trinket comes out, or he gets something new, how can he decide on his own if he needs to swap it out or not if he doesn't know why it's a good choice?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteoric View Post
    With the Niuzao on-use effect reduced, the Shado-Pan trinket will give more stats (more stamina, more rating), better stats (mastery > dodge), and also last longer (15s vs 10s, with the same cooldown). So yeah, the Liquid Courage is definitely better. The only question left is whether there's something else more beneficial you should spend valor on first.
    I think Ghostcrawler mentioned on Twitter that the DMC trinkets weren't actually getting nerfed in 5.1:
    "We didn't change the stats on the relics. We made a behind the scenes change to let them upgrade correctly. Data mining issue?"

  10. #10
    Oh! Interesting.

  11. #11
    One of the blues(Daxx?) confirmed this as well - the DMC card nerfs were specifically for Challenge Mode scaling. So we're still good ;-)

  12. #12
    Mechagnome Cathias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Bat cave.
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by Kildarien View Post
    I think Ghostcrawler mentioned on Twitter that the DMC trinkets weren't actually getting nerfed in 5.1:
    "We didn't change the stats on the relics. We made a behind the scenes change to let them upgrade correctly. Data mining issue?"
    mind linking source?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    mind linking source?
    The front page of MMO-Champion has corrected itself.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    What you're not realizing is that the answer is unhelpful. People like to understand the why to things, not just be told to do them. If they don't understand why, then they have learned nothing of value. How will he know when to stop using it? If it changes, or a new trinket comes out, or he gets something new, how can he decide on his own if he needs to swap it out or not if he doesn't know why it's a good choice?
    then they'd be on EJ where they break the shit down with math
    you come here to know where you're going, now why you're going there

  15. #15
    Fluffy Kitten Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    then they'd be on EJ where they break the shit down with math
    you come here to know where you're going, now why you're going there
    They don't need to go "where they break shit down with math" in order to understand why something is good/bad. People are here to discuss and give help. It's not very nice to just say "because I/he/X says so."

    Anyway, now that we know this was a datamined error, I will be closing this.

    ~Fhi

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •