10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    EU shards are coming back up and will be getting validated shortly! ~ Amary
    http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...1-13-12-a.html
    HEY THAT WAS MY JOB!!!

Well, hopefully after EU gets validated, servers will go up. ;o

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 07:02 PM ----------

This shit is about to happen.

Taking care of some final housecleaning and cross-checks to prepare your cabins for takeoff.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...ml#post4024991
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I'll just be sitting here waiting for NA :/ lol

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    THEY ARE UPPPP!!!!

omgomgomgomgmogmgmgog
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Taking care of some final housecleaning and cross-checks to prepare your cabins for takeoff
    http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...ml#post4023340

And it's up!

Pew pew pew time everyone!

Its sorta typical, I finally get money and discover that I've missed the window for getting a year subscription along with the expansion. *sigh* Real life huh? Oh well, guess I'll go about getting it the conventional way.

Deleted
    First time since launch i get a queue, Icewatch is full ><

10+ Year Old Account
    That does it! I can't get in. I quit!

I kid, of course... I fell asleep (rough day) and am downloading a patch on my slow SA connection at 4Mb.

Are the servers up yet?

I'm on EU - Icewatch, but I put one of my clerics on Blightweald just in case it was full.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    That does it! I can't get in. I quit!

I kid, of course... I fell asleep (rough day) and am downloading a patch on my slow SA connection at 4Mb.

Are the servers up yet?
    You can't tell from our sudden silence and everyone going OMG IT'S UPPPPP!!! (?)

:P
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    You can't tell from our sudden silence and everyone going OMG IT'S UPPPPP!!! (?)

:P
    I hate you right now! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    I hate you right now! :P
    I sowwy. :<

Trust me, I don't think being a few hours late to the party will affect you too much.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Wait... did I really just witness this? An MMO patches from Vanilla to their first expansion, worldwide, in one swoop... in under 3 hours... with no hickups...?!?!?

I think I've been playing wow too long. I'm not just impressed, I'm absolutely speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by spambanjo View Post
    Wait... did I really just witness this? An MMO patches from Vanilla to their first expansion, worldwide, in one swoop... in under 3 hours... with no hickups...?!?!?

I think I've been playing wow too long. I'm not just impressed, I'm absolutely speechless.
    Yeah, they are pretty amazing in that respect (too). People will whine about ability lag (which they will propably get fixed very soon, if they indeed haven't yet), but it's not like we are virtually unable to login for days on end, unlike in some other MMOs I could name. Regular patch-days are even smoother than this, naturally (excluding the onw with conquest).

10+ Year Old Account

Sadly though not everyone has this thought process, so many of my friends just won't even give Rift the time of day - but to be fair a lot of them are just burnt on MMOs.... well that's what happens when you play the same one for 8 years! >_<

Though to be fair, a new world MIGHT just be enough to reinvigorate...
    "A flower.

Honest to god, this release was messier than I was expecting, but comparatively speaking, it was still excellent.

One thing I'm starting to realize with Trion is that an expansion shouldn't be looked at as a Every-Two-Years-Super-Magical-Experience. It's just an oversized patch we're paying for. I don't say that as a knock against the amazing efforts of everyone at Trion, I love 'em all and I love what they've done.

To push so much content so quickly every 6 weeks AND 1.5 years, you can't have the company releasing, say, Elder Scrolls 5 with near perfection. There's just too much going on behind the scenes on a daily basis to afford a perfection-or-bust attitude. They work their asses off to get everything done, but there are obviously a few things that could use some attention.

When I accept Storm Legion as a super-duper patch, I don't worry about some screwed up quests or out-of-place spawn points. Considering how little time the game was available for mass-testing, they've done a phenomenal job.

ETA: This is more supplemental than arguing with any point you made. I'm not in disagreement with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is being deployed to the NA shards as I type. Once again everything still being resolved in under 24 hours of launch of an expansion that tripples the size of the game. Don't forget this small undertaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Amary
    Good morning, NA!

The NA region shards will be coming down for an update that includes additional server optimizations to combat lag, plus floor loading/collision fixes for Tempest Bay. Much like the EU shards, the downtime is expected to be approximately ** 30 minutes **.

Status updates during the downtime on this thread here!
    Source

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when Cataclysm launched, while part of my issue was a much much crappier computer at the time (E5200 dual core 2.5GHz CPU and PNY Green Edition 9800 GT, Vista 64 bit with 6GB of RAM, and one 600GB HDD) the launch was still a little rough. TONS of people flooded into Vash'jyr (that was my first stop) and I could literally do next to nothing. Getting the quests done was next to impossible, when you had 300+ people in a very condensed space, all vying for the same mobs/objects, what do you expect? Not to mention fps just PLUMMETED. Ended up leaving and just farming dungeons for like 8 hours with some guildies, was a speedy way to level for sure.

This has been the opposite.
    "A flower.