Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Lol queues on Icewatch, hundreds of people leveling on Blightweald, enjoy the new expansion people

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    One thing I'm starting to realize with Trion is that an expansion shouldn't be looked at as a Every-Two-Years-Super-Magical-Experience. It's just an oversized patch we're paying for. I don't say that as a knock against the amazing efforts of everyone at Trion, I love 'em all and I love what they've done.
    Absolutely, from the things I've read, I get the impression the only reason they would distinguish new content as an expansion rather than a regular patch is to level the playing field across the board and to bring a different arc to the story and styling of the game. Fair play to them too

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 02:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    Lol queues on Icewatch, hundreds of people leveling on Blightweald, enjoy the new expansion people
    I'm still only level 26/27ish unfortunately. I'm a little worried I might miss the buzz over new content all together

Quote Originally Posted by spambanjo View Post
    I'm still only level 26/27ish unfortunately. I'm a little worried I might miss the buzz over new content all together
    Do not kill yourself leveling. Getting from 50-60 looks to be taking about 30+ hours by its self. A majority as in 99% of the games population is not even there.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...anigans-4.html

^ those guys hit 60, but it took 48 straight hours of playing lol

Quote Originally Posted by spambanjo View Post

Don't fret the leveling. You're at a slight disadvantage due to the expansion hitting and 'no one' is on the old continent, but I'm blown away by how long it's taking me to level 50-60. I've been playing 6-8 hours a day since it hit, and I'm only like halfway through 52. There's so much to do and so many ways to do it, that it takes a clear head, some beta practice, and a deathwish to hit the new cap in one play session.

Take your time and learn as much as you can about the game as you level. Make some money, top off those professions, and become an expert with your Calling. Storm Legion isn't going to be a 10 million copies in the first week sort of launch. I expect a slow progression in account buildup, so you'll find a new batch of players rolling in over the next month to keep you company.

And remember, if you're having a hard time finding IA partners, don't hesitate to level down. When I started new alts, I found level 14 was easy to IA at, while the 20s were harder to fill, then things picked up again in the 30s.

Deleted
    And remember, if you're having a hard time finding IA partners, don't hesitate to level down. When I started new alts, I found level 14 was easy to IA at, while the 20s were harder to fill, then things picked up again in the 30s.
    This is pretty much all I have been doing to be honest. I could be wrong, I may have just not taken off my mentor level, but last night I'm sure I was put into a level 14 IA simply be hitting the random option. Normally I would be a little meh about doing old content while I'm levelling (new stuff, new stuff, NEW STUFF!), but there were at least 15 people in there, right in the middle of some invasion with a fuckton of rifts scattered everywhere and people just going crazy killing everything that moved... the carnage was too delicious to complain.

Yeah, was Mavfin said. Randoms will decide your level for you. If you're not going for random, it'll (generally) be easier to re-do the lowest level IAs.

If you do come to terms with slightly slower leveling, go out and quest. Pick up all the porticulum points you can and earn a few achievements for exploring the zones, solving puzzles and uncovering cairns.

Don't fret the leveling. You're at a slight disadvantage due to the expansion hitting and 'no one' is on the old continent, but I'm blown away by how long it's taking me to level 50-60. I've been playing 6-8 hours a day since it hit, and I'm only like halfway through 52. There's so much to do and so many ways to do it, that it takes a clear head, some beta practice, and a deathwish to hit the new cap in one play session.

Take your time and learn as much as you can about the game as you level. Make some money, top off those professions, and become an expert with your Calling. Storm Legion isn't going to be a 10 million copies in the first week sort of launch. I expect a slow progression in account buildup, so you'll find a new batch of players rolling in over the next month to keep you company.

Me too. I have been doing every quest and every carnage on both continents. Been playing quite a bit myself and only hit 55 yesterday, got halfway through before I had to call it quits for the night as work called me in today. I had originally planned to be 60 by Friday, but I would have had to not sleep and ignore my family to do that.

What also is surprising me is the fact that questing/carnage alone does not seem to be enough. I am level 55 and all the quests that are left to me are 56+, unless I missed some along the way, but I do not think so. I am going to run some dungeons, PvP, IA and/or some Hunt Rifts when I get home from work tonight to "fill the gap" so to speak. Just a heads up for you guys as you level, take a break from questing and get some other stuff done. If you want to run dungeons for XP I have heard Storm Breaker Protocol sucks for XP as a good portion of the instance does not award XP. I ran about the first half of it yesterday, then the servers went down, and it was very fun though.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I watch all level chats and I've noticed there's lots of people in 1-29 who are actually in that level range. It's probably not AS LIVELY as it normally may be, but they're definitely there!!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    The random option will mentor you to the appropriate level and put you down lower if it decides to, yes.
    Hehe, yep, realised this after another full night playing. Got a good few hours in last night and had some fun gently trolling general chat, the XP is starting to slow but the world is also starting to seem much, much larger. Having fun with professions too (outfitter/butcher/runecrafter). Can't wait to get up in the new zones to actually see some people levelling around me!

The expansion is amazing. I'm having a hard time tearing myself away. I see a lot of new and returning players in the lower level brackets I'd like to travel over to help out, but all the shinies in front me...
    Hope the tips and answers I throw into chat suffice until I can finish gorging on pixels.