Poll: Would you be willing to Unlock LFR as described in this post if Blizz implemented it?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they'd be able to do it at this point in time. If they put in the unlock when LFR first came out with DS, then yes I'd approve.

Eh, if they did give LFR extra hoops to jump though, they would have to make the gear at least on par with normal modes.

Actually, the reverse is the better option. Keep LFR, add attunements to normal, and especially Heroic modes.

Deleted
    The bad thing about these troll topics .. is not the troll or the troll subject at all.

Is the fact that my brain will connect the cinder kitten to jaylock and i will start to hate that pet too...

IT: no.
    Completely agreed.

You do have to unlock it. By acquiring gear from dungeons or some other social connection in order to meet the minimum item level.

If the idea of queued raiding upsets you, you need to secure employment.

(And you need to leave your guild off of the resume.)

I don't understand why people find grinding stuff before they do the main part of the game fun..
    It makes no sense.

Nope, LFR is meant for quick in and quick out. Gotta deal with it. Challenge modes is a poor idea to gate LFR.

Deleted
    I like attunements, bring them back for normal modes too please.

15+ Year Old Account
    LFR should be just normal raid, and not some special subclass with some lower level gear.

Thats why i almost never do it, rather find a real raid (also not have enough time to do normal AND LFR)

Never seem to understand why they did that, i mean LFR is like faceroll trough it and get some loot ...

Ive never had a LFR that fail hard, meaning that LFR is way to easy and could be set normal.

And yes, to unlock that would be oke .. but not the state it is in now.

I would never do something that lowers my ilvl and doesn't improve my character in any way to do something as mindless and frustrating as LFR is. If you make people do challenge modes (which has no LFG component) people will just get frustrated, complain and then challenge modes will go the way of Cataclysm heroics. Too hard, too long and will get nerfed to the point of joke. Challenge modes are supposed to be a challenge, LFR is supposed to be a joke, require something hard that has nothing more than cosmetic rewards for something so easy that you shouldn't have to coordinate anything is completely backwards. I wouldn't be opposed to this idea for adding another component to opening heroic raids because that is the population of players that will run out of content the fastest to begin with, but your average LFR player doesn't have time for Challenge modes. I am a normal and occasional heroic raider and I don't have time for Challenge modes.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    I don't understand why people find grinding stuff before they do the main part of the game fun..
    It makes no sense.
    I just worked eight hours to afford a handful of League of Legends gamecards.

Deleted
    Ohwow, another whine about lfr. No, i dont want attunements back. And why only for lfr? Its fine as it is, stop whining and move on.

Bro questing is boring as crap, You kill 10 things get exp, mindless as it gets, I am not getting your point here....
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I gotta ask, didn't they take out attunment type bullshit, now you want to bring it back? Seriously?

But, ok... I'll roll with this... on the condition that in order to get into normal raids you have to meet the following criteria:

Normal raid requirements:
    be revered with all the Panda factions
    have an ilevel of 476 or higher,
    AND you have to have completed the LFR raids

Heroic raid requirements:
    be exalted with all the Panda factions,
    have an ilevel of 489 or higher
    AND have completed the normal raids.

And, the LFR, Normal, Heroic all share the same lockouts... so you can only do one of them per week.
    The first one wouldn't be consistent with their idea of normal/heroic raiders not being forced to do LFR.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I gotta ask, didn't they take out attunment type bullshit, now you want to bring it back? Seriously?

But, ok... I'll roll with this... on the condition that in order to get into normal raids you have to meet the following criteria:

Normal raid requirements:
    be revered with all the Panda factions
    have an ilevel of 476 or higher,
    AND you have to have completed the LFR raids

Heroic raid requirements:
    be exalted with all the Panda factions,
    have an ilevel of 489 or higher
    AND have completed the normal raids.

And, the LFR, Normal, Heroic all share the same lockouts... so you can only do one of them per week.
    Forcing people to do daily quests to get into raids wouldnt work at all. And this is not how attunements quests work.

I'd say bring back attunements quests, then the people that actually care would do the chain to be able to raid.

You could do it as simple as - "clear all HC dungeons and obtain X from each boss". And of course you'd need to have the ilvl for it (460 or what it is now).
    And forcing raiders to do LFR before they can get into normal? Hell no, LFR is a nightmare filled with idiots. For instance, yesterday I was in HoF LFR and we wiped 4-5 times on the trash, because healers couldnt heal and some warlock was ninja pulling trash all the time (And we couldnt kick him because of the timer), so we spent way to long to just clear up to first boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I wish CRZ was something I had to unlock...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Lets say in a hypothetical situation, Blizzards next LFR experience was something you had to unlock? For example. Go back to TBC, the Key to Karazhan quest chain. What if you had to do a simple quest chain that involved doing a three to four challenge mode dungeons and gathering keys to build a device that gave you access to LFR?

Once you gained access on one character, access was unlocked for any of your Alt characters. Would this be something you would be willing to do? And each new tier of LFR would have similar epic quest chains to unlock the feature. What do you think about this idea?
    The case as you put it kind of shortsighted. No matter what people answer, in the end they would do it if they want to raid....
    So the answers should have another option, like: "Yes, I would unlock it with reluctance" because that is what a lot of people might answer, more than the no option.
    Anyway why on earth would you want that anyway. People proving themselves in challenges first? And what criteria then? Reaching gold?
    I can't think of any purpose it would serve really. Before you come with the suggestion that it would at least only allow skilled people into LFR, then you're missing the point. Because having unskilled people in challenges would be much harder since it would be very hard to carry someone in challenges than carry a few in LFR.

So unless there was an very intersting story involved that would lead up to the raid, I'd say NO. And then, it shouldn't be very long and soloable...
    LFR is meant for people that have little time or don't have a regular group of people they can play with, so they'd run into problems finishing the attunement also. LFR was made to let everybody experience the full game as far as instances and story goes, this would be degrading that option.

Wrong. They dont give you lore. Its: run in, kill stuff, grab loot, leave.
    Translation: I don't read quest text, so I assume nobody else bothers to read it.

If you had an epic quest chain that had you do several things before the quest to enter the heroic / challenge mode, it would actually give you meaning as to why you are in that dungeon in the first place.
    It's called doing the quests in Pandaria. Try leveling another character and reading the quests this time.

Deleted
    You need the right ilvl, for casuals that takes a long time.
    All others can gtfo.

Deleted
    Lets say in a hypothetical situation, Blizzards next LFR experience was something you had to unlock? For example. Go back to TBC, the Key to Karazhan quest chain. What if you had to do a simple quest chain that involved doing a three to four challenge mode dungeons and gathering keys to build a device that gave you access to LFR?

Once you gained access on one character, access was unlocked for any of your Alt characters. Would this be something you would be willing to do? And each new tier of LFR would have similar epic quest chains to unlock the feature. What do you think about this idea?
    I think it's a useless idea. The ilvl unlocking is enough as it is.

I actually kind of like doing this type of thing on my alts, giving me a chance to play a new class or spec in a raid scenario where I otherwise would not have been able to. I would be fine having my main unlock it for all my alts.