Upgrading system - any comments/suggestions?

Seeing that I can't seem to resolve some of my problems with my current build the plan is to upgrade some parts that will hopefully fix this. (most seem mobo related so that's the main upgrade)

My new case http://www.tones.be/product/cm-690-i...edition-usb-30
    The new Mobo will be an asus sabretooth http://www.tones.be/product/sabertoo...5-intelreg-z77
    Memory http://www.tones.be/product/16gb-2x8...a1600c10-zwart
    PSU http://www.tones.be/product/650w-hx6...-cp-9020030-eu

My cpu I7 2600K, geforce 580 gtx and ssd/hd's are still fine

As far as I can see all of this should be compatible. As my pc atm is not too stable I'm not oc ing the cpu and have a stock cooler, I might go for a slight OC with the new build, will I need a new cooler and if so any suggestions from the site I used to link the parts? (I buy most of my hardware there, they have a very good after sales service in case of issues). I choose the case mostly for the looks and the USB 3 ports so can be changed if people have bad experiences with it.

Thx in advance for any advice

I love my CM 690 II (not the Nvidia) and have only good things to say about it. If you remove the bottom HDD rack the airflow is more than acceptable and there is a lot of cable management space behind the tray. Can fit a H100 if you feel the need to do a cheap watercooling system.

If you are going for a slight OC, I'd say go with a Hyper 212+ or Evo for a cooler, again they do the job very well at a good price. I'm running a 3570k @ 4.2 with no issues on air from the case and cooler.

Im wondering why your upgrading? If you have a pc running those specs now??? Did you cut corners that badly?

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Im wondering why your upgrading? If you have a pc running those specs now??? Did you cut corners that badly?
    I'm having some problems with keyboard and mice not working after sleep mode/restarts, sound not working after sleep mode (I do have a seperate soundcard), it messed up my mp3 player (a total reset fixed that), bootup hanging at the bios lvl, it's all mostly minor stuff, but most of it seems to revolve around hardware not getting (enough?) power.

I got all my drivers up to date for all hardware yet I can't get it to work as it should. Maybe it's worth noting that my original motherboard got pulled from the shelves due to issues(not specific to my mobo, was something with the intel chipset) and got replaced by a version 2.0 (first one was doa, this one well buggy or defective or something but basically the 3rd mobo of this type I got and is not up to the job). I would rather fix it now then wait till it fails completely and maybe kills something in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    I'm having some problems with keyboard and mice not working after sleep mode/restarts, sound not working after sleep mode (I do have a seperate soundcard), it messed up my mp3 player (a total reset fixed that), bootup hanging at the bios lvl, it's all mostly minor stuff, but most of it seems to revolve around hardware not getting (enough?) power.

I got all my drivers up to date for all hardware yet I can't get it to work as it should. Maybe it's worth noting that my original motherboard got pulled from the shelves due to issues(not specific to my mobo, was something with the intel chipset) and got replaced by a version 2.0 (first one was doa, this one well buggy or defective or something but basically the 3rd mobo of this type I got and is not up to the job). I would rather fix it now then wait till it fails completely and maybe kills something in the process.
    I recommend figuring out what the problem is concretely before spending the big bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    I recommend figuring out what the problem is concretely before spending the big bucks.
    After some more googling the "problem" seems to lie with the chipset and any number or combination of changes may or may not temporarily ot definately fix it but no guarantee that it will work. The chipset does not like booting or sleep mode one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    After some more googling the "problem" seems to lie with the chipset and any number or combination of changes may or may not temporarily ot definately fix it but no guarantee that it will work. The chipset does not like booting or sleep mode one bit.
    What chipset are you using?

asus P8p67 pro is my current mobo