Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Rogue Changes --5.1 PTR Build 16297

Alternate title: I'm Sensing a Pattern.

Now for the changelist:

• Nothing!

So we are fine?

In other news, my Warlock just hit 90 two days ago and I'm enjoying the game again.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I am starting to sense a pattern here as well, so the alternate title seems to hit the spot..... Btw, I have found a new joy in WoW: You take your rogue, fly very very high up (on top of a levitating rock in nagrang preferably), and wave as you jump down and die... Rinse and repeat.

Deleted
    So... The "moderate changes to mobility" are... No changes whatsoever...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    Well, they did buff wound poison by 33%. I mean, we'll be killing stuff so much faster that mobility won't be an issue.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    yes best changes ever cant wait to pvg .... (player versus ghosthealer)
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Well, they did buff wound poison by 33%. I mean, we'll be killing stuff so much faster that mobility won't be an issue.
    Dude, that's childish, ridiculous, and willfully ignorant...

It's quite clear that melee dps simply isn't "our thing" and Blizz is trying to propel us into the ranged division with the double-damage change to Shuriken Toss! No wonder our melee damage is shit...! We were are ranged class all along!

Just look at all those mobility changes we got for 5.1 we'll never be kited now.......

I would have thought moderate changes would mean actual changes! Boy was I wrong! How could I have been so stupid?

They are really taking rogues to a whole new level with this patch. I wish I had the intellectual capacity to come up with these kind of changes that aren't actual changes because there are no changes.

Mind = Blown

Best part is this build is tagged as "Release" with absolutely no rogue changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Susej View Post
    Best part is this build is tagged as "Release" with absolutely no rogue changes.
    Oh, I dunno about that. They are apparently nerfing the trinket almost all of us are using in pve. That is basically a rogue change...

But seriously though, our pvp changes were 1.5 min blind, wound poison, and 5 energy off kick? None of those are mobility related at all which they said they were looking for conservative changes... apparently conservative change means ignoring it?
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2012-11-13 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Oh, I dunno about that. They are apparently nerfing the trinket almost all of us are using in pve. That is basically a rogue change...
    Sorry, i should mention i post strictly from a pvp pov majority of the time. But yeah, that does suck for you guys =(.
    Wtb some mobility plz.

seriously...this is annoying as hell. THE ONLY WAY THAT THIS IS ACCEPTABLE is if they're in the process of redesigning the entire shadowstep tier on the talent tree so that they can give us step baseline in the future while providing more interesting choices in the tree. Maybe there's just a lot of work to be done and they couldn't finish in time for this patch. That's what I'd like to hear from them. Until then, 5.1 is looking pathetic for rogue pvp still =(

Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    seriously...this is annoying as hell. THE ONLY WAY THAT THIS IS ACCEPTABLE is if they're in the process of redesigning the entire shadowstep tier on the talent tree so that they can give us step baseline in the future while providing more interesting choices in the tree. Maybe there's just a lot of work to be done and they couldn't finish in time for this patch. That's what I'd like to hear from them. Until then, 5.1 is looking pathetic for rogue pvp still =(
    Speaking of the shadowstep tier... are the few high ranked rogues ever taking anything else? Doesn't seem like there is much of a choice there at all.

Speaking of the shadowstep tier... are the few high ranked rogues ever taking anything else? Doesn't seem like there is much of a choice there at all.
    the only decent rogue left that i've seen is rzn and he uses shadowstep...personally i use prep because i can't stand the 3 minute cd on vanish and having 2 cloaks against caster teams is all the joy i get out of rogue pvp this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    the only decent rogue left that i've seen is rzn and he uses shadowstep...personally i use prep because i can't stand the 3 minute cd on vanish and having 2 cloaks against caster teams is all the joy i get out of rogue pvp this season.
    2 cloaks is nice, but I don't see how you can stay on anything to put out enough pressure unless its a melee. There are so many damn peels

2 cloaks is nice, but I don't see how you can stay on anything to put out enough pressure unless its a melee. There are so many damn peels
    Only time i feel prep is effective over Shs is when you're trying to land a kill against a melee and want to avoid caster cc. The double cloak is nice for that.

Other than that Shs is > prep majority of the time simply because, you can't kill what you can't catch. Double Vanish, Cloak, or not.

Only time i feel prep is effective over Shs is when you're trying to land a kill against a melee and want to avoid caster cc. The double cloak is nice for that.

Other than that Shs is > prep majority of the time simply because, you can't kill what you can't catch. Double Vanish, Cloak, or not.
    That is a good use, but even most melee have a way to create a little distance, especially the most common melee right now: warriors.

That is a good use, but even most melee have a way to create a little distance, especially the most common melee right now: warriors.
    Oh warriors. Your ability to consistently global individual players with only 3 stacks of TFB will never get old.

Oh warriors. Your ability to consistently global individual players with only 3 stacks of TFB will never get old.
    Well there is that, but thats not what I meant. I was saying that if you were to try to pop 2 cloaks to maintain uptime on a warrior for a kill, it becomes a waste if the warrior uses any of his multiple abilities to create distance. And it isn't just warriors, most melee can create some distance if they need and it'd be pretty hard to catch back up without shs.

Deleted
    they realy should make Shuriken toss base(same with prep/shs). Hell i play a Rogue when i want to Hit something on Range i fucking play a Range-Class