10+ Year Old Account

Arrow Are 5 tank champions viable?

I always wanted to see how this would play out.
    My idea was to have the following 5 tanks/Tanky DPS:

1. Galio (mid)
    2. Garen (top)
    3. Rammus (jungle)
    4. Mundo (bot) {damage}
    5. Amumu (bot) {support}

Items:
    Warmogs
    Thornmail
    Force of Nature
    Boots
    (Main Item)
    (Main Item)

The goal is to make the entire team balanced around survival and defeating people over time than quick bursts. Since they are already tanky, they should lane well and with Range not being an issue for Bot as Mundo can throw his cleave and amumu can stun, I think bot lane is OK and difficult to gank as they wont blow up as easy as other champions since they are tanks/tanky dps.

PROS:
    1. Survival
    2. AoE potential
    3. Ganking is medium-high
    4. Average damage

CONS:
    1. Slow Lane for Bot
    2. Burst is low-medium
    3. Item heavy early-mid game
    4. Longer game (most-likely)
    When life gets you down, stand back up.
    When something breaks, fix it.
    When Blizzard makes you wait 1 more year and gives you a crappy D3 game with no end game content, horrible nerfs, & says the AH is the greatest thing to come to a D3 game, It's OK to nerd rage and never buy another Acti-Blizzard game again. I know I wont.

Deleted
    Rather get Jarvan/Leona, Jarvan/Taric, Blitz/Alistar or something like that for bot lane since you´ll actually win lane with that and you can still build pure tank. I think this could actually destroy a lot of people in normals and even be quite useful in ranked 5s as nobody will be prepared for it. Not really viable in pro play but still pretty fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could just build some of them as damage(AP galio and mumu, AD garen). Thornmail would be a bad choice if they are AP heavy, deciding the items ahead of time like that isn't the best idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take Cho'gath, Amumu, Galio, Malphite (3 of 4) for top/mid/jungle.

As said above, Leona + Jarvan bot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leona and Jarvan is a good bot, may look into it
    When life gets you down, stand back up.
    When something breaks, fix it.
    When Blizzard makes you wait 1 more year and gives you a crappy D3 game with no end game content, horrible nerfs, & says the AH is the greatest thing to come to a D3 game, It's OK to nerd rage and never buy another Acti-Blizzard game again. I know I wont.

You would have to win early IMO. If you didn't your scaling would drop off and late game carries would just build penetration and blow you out of the water. I've actually played against a tank team with some friends awhile back and we won easily. If you get behind even a little bit it's GG, because once they get a few kills up on you, you're going to be unable to get tanky enough to deal with most character's scaling.

For example against a normal team:
    Kayle (top)
    Vlad (mid)
    Olaf (jungle)
    Caitlin (bot)
    Janna (bot)

and that's just one example. I'm not saying it couldn't work. I'm just saying it's not bound to be effective in the long run, especially at higher levels of play.

15+ Year Old Account
    With the buffs to armor pen, not sure if this is really viable anymore.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    early to midish game yes. You will be able to cc/bruiser people to death.

Late game no, the ad carry on the other team will just tear you to pieces. Especially if there is a vayne or something.

If Thornmail wasn't such a terrible item, it would work, but late game AD would be too much of a problem, unless you ended the game fast.