Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Storm Legion: Your Leveling Path

    So, what's your plan?

    Dusken or Brevane?
    Quests or Instant Adventures or PvP?
    How many dungeon runs are you planning?
    Where will your gear come from, quests, crafting, dungeons or carnage tokens?

    Me:

    Probably Brevane to start. I liked Cape Jule and was a bit turned off by the early mech quest in the other zone.
    Quests, occasionally taking a break to IA, and obviously a few onslaughts mixed in there.
    I'll likely skip dungeons during the leveling process. Being a cleric, I'd expect to heal, but I'm extremely out of practice and haven't messed with new healing.
    Gear will likely come from quest upgrades and I'll save my carnage tokens (forget their name) for the biggest potential upgrade, like a weapon.

    You?

  2. #2
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,029
    Aye, I preferred Cape Jule as well. Probably will start there. The other zone didn't do much for me, dark, gloomy, eh...
    All of the above AND MOAR.
    Might do some dungeons depending.
    Gear will come as it comes. RIP Gear I worked so hard for....

  3. #3
    Brevane - for the simple reason that Serratos is nightmare fuel. :<

  4. #4
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,029
    Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    Brevane - for the simple reason that Serratos is nightmare fuel. :<
    Waaaaiiiiit a minute. You didn't like Seratos?! :O Friggin GORGEOUS zone!

  5. #5
    Pus swamp.

    That is all. XD

  6. #6
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,029
    Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    Pus swamp.

    That is all. XD
    GOD DAMN IT.

    I could never find that damn place on Beta!!! FFS.

    I WILL GET THERE.

    TODAY.

    Mark. My. Words.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Waaaaiiiiit a minute. You didn't like Seratos?! :O Friggin GORGEOUS zone!
    Yeah, Seratos is the single reason I was tempted to skip Brevane and work through Dusken. I know we can bounce back and forth between continents, but I'd rather see the content open up organically instead of running through untouched zones, finding porticulums and exits.

    And yeah, I never did get to see the puss swamp. Me and Deltrus (aka: you) tried (quite poorly) to climb mountains and I kept getting distracted by the Seratos sky. I wasn't much of a traveling companion during our trek through the zone.

  8. #8
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    Yeah, Seratos is the single reason I was tempted to skip Brevane and work through Dusken. I know we can bounce back and forth between continents, but I'd rather see the content open up organically instead of running through untouched zones, finding porticulums and exits.

    And yeah, I never did get to see the puss swamp. Me and Deltrus (aka: you) tried (quite poorly) to climb mountains and I kept getting distracted by the Seratos sky. I wasn't much of a traveling companion during our trek through the zone.
    Bah, I still had fun! The sky was certainly impressive! Hell I have two YouTube videos that are fully and 100% dedicated to the bloody sky. O_o

  9. #9
    The sky is sky...ish?

  10. #10
    Anyone know when servers come up?

  11. #11
    Mechagnome Requiemcliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere.
    Posts
    530
    Pelladane has the freakin' lighthouse. I am very tempted to play there.
    Depends on guildies I suppose.

    Also server is probably going to come up within...a half hour to 2 and a half hours. (they said 4 hours but hope to be up within 2)

  12. #12
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiemcliff View Post
    Pelladane has the freakin' lighthouse. I am very tempted to play there.
    Depends on guildies I suppose.

    Also server is probably going to come up within...a half hour to 2 and a half hours. (they said 4 hours but hope to be up within 2)
    A light house will make you play somewhere? Wow, you must have a light house fetish! :P

    All kidding aside, Pelladane's colors were kind of dull and dark, but I suppose it goes with the story, but it didn't do a lot for me. x_x

    Hell I might even just go do some Ember Isles quests or something in case those starter zones are too active.... I'm on DEEPWOOD after all. /suicide

  13. #13
    Mechagnome Requiemcliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere.
    Posts
    530
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    A light house will make you play somewhere? Wow, you must have a light house fetish! :P

    All kidding aside, Pelladane's colors were kind of dull and dark, but I suppose it goes with the story, but it didn't do a lot for me. x_x

    Hell I might even just go do some Ember Isles quests or something in case those starter zones are too active.... I'm on DEEPWOOD after all. /suicide
    Well, completely seriously, I think it just got me a bit more interested, mostly because from what I saw of Jules, it felt...well, like Ember Isle, not that I don't mind Ember Isle, it just kinda felt...the junglish feeling didn't get me at first grab (Story seemed cool though.)

    I probably will clear out both zones in the end, realistically I'll probably level my one character with guildies a bit, then hop to my alt and try the other zone.

    (Also I basically didn't play much if any of the beta, because I my mindset with MMOs, and I didn't want to just go "Complete all the stuff on the beta, then get bored on live.")

  14. #14
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiemcliff View Post
    Well, completely seriously, I think it just got me a bit more interested, mostly because from what I saw of Jules, it felt...well, like Ember Isle, not that I don't mind Ember Isle, it just kinda felt...the junglish feeling didn't get me at first grab (Story seemed cool though.)

    I probably will clear out both zones in the end, realistically I'll probably level my one character with guildies a bit, then hop to my alt and try the other zone.

    (Also I basically didn't play much if any of the beta, because I my mindset with MMOs, and I didn't want to just go "Complete all the stuff on the beta, then get bored on live.")
    Precisely why I didn't log on other than for like 10 minutes on the most recent Beta. :P

  15. #15
    Quests/rifts.Kinda stupid to just spam dung or pvp and not explore the awesome New continent.

  16. #16
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,029
    <Terrible Idea> has been running all over the place, spamming IA/rifts/carnage/hunt rifts and we are spamming shard firsts, for both interesting and uninteresting things. ;p

  17. #17
    My intention was to complete pure story quests and move along, but those carnage things are damn addictive. I keep finding myself trying to complete them as I go along. I have to say the design philosophy meshes quite well with the world, I honestly lost like an hour and a half finishing 6 carnage quests without even noticing
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

  18. #18
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,029
    Fishing.

    It's important.

    Also: exploration!

    Ardent Domain and Kingsward ARE GORGEOUS!!!

  19. #19
    I've so far found the lag in the starting parts of the new continents almost unbearable, missing parts of the geography and 5 second cast delay on skills was pretty game breaking. Its gotten much better now that I've started to move out but the area I've moved into looks sorta dull graphically and it is leaving me to wonder if that's because more of the game isn't being constructed much like the starting area was.

    Either way, doctors appointment, hopefully by the time I get back the initial lag issues are resolved - or alternatively they've taken the servers down to push a few hotfixes through (which unquestioningly is going to occur).

    Otherwise though, due to this, I finally got to do the pre-SL storyline and the new dungeon which I enjoyed tremendously. I really did take a chunk of time to readjust to playing Chloro again but its coming back to me. Trying the new mage build and I'm 100% certain I'm not doing it right just yet *laughs*.

    Keeping on topic, I started in Cape Jule. It was disconcerting to move there and see npc's and mail boxes floating in mid air directly before me as I appeared there.

  20. #20
    Fluffy Kitten Azuri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,467
    @Laikai I was suffering the same problem. I'm on the highest pop server for NA and the lag was pretty hardcore the server was busting at the seams but it hopefully the fix is in place and this was posted a few minutes ago:

    Quote Originally Posted by Elrar

    Hey all,

    North American shards are coming down right now to apply a Hot Fix that we hope clears up the annoying latency we've been seeing throughout the day.

    We'll try to keep it brief and if all goes well we'll put it up in Europe shortly after - thanks!

    Source
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •