Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Annthrax View Post
    WTF how did you make that much!!!!

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 08:07 PM ----------

WTF how did you make that much!!!!
    Would like to know play time.

Or are you AH scanning for hours waiting for cheap things that can resell.

10+ Year Old Account
    A couple more questions.

What's better, putting a buyout or letting people bid on it? I left no buyouts on anything, to get a feel maybe of how to price things. But I rarely do so on the gold auction house, unless I just got something that was insanely high-priced (and, of course, I haven't).

Paypal takes a cut when you transfer the money to your bank account right? Does it make a difference whether or not you transfer every successful sell or do it all at once? I imagine the math comes down to the same amount lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Waiting tables is more profitable.
    selling sperm is more profitable and enjoyable
    Last edited by Dabrix32; 2012-11-22 at 05:32 AM.

I made ~ $200 US selling items within the first month of the RMAH being released.

Haven't touched D3 since MoP release.

Some people make livings off it.

Quote Originally Posted by chaostiger View Post
    Some people make livings off it.
    yea they are called BOTs

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    A couple more questions.

What's better, putting a buyout or letting people bid on it? I left no buyouts on anything, to get a feel maybe of how to price things. But I rarely do so on the gold auction house, unless I just got something that was insanely high-priced (and, of course, I haven't).

Paypal takes a cut when you transfer the money to your bank account right? Does it make a difference whether or not you transfer every successful sell or do it all at once? I imagine the math comes down to the same amount lost.
    In Belgium ,(and most of the EU) PayPal transfers to your bank account are FREE.

It is only when you ask a transfer to another country that they charge money (for example: I live in Belgium and if I used a US PAYPAL account they ask a transfer fee).

Also a transfer to your Credit Card like VISA has a cost.

But all the money I transferred to PayPal I could get to my Bank account free of charge here in EU.

I gained around 140 Euros in the past 6 months by playing casually. Last few weeks I even play less, but still have fun. Advice: never play for the money. Play for the game. Solo grinds for Keys/organs are the best things since sliced bread...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-22 at 12:27 PM.

Everybody are hopefully playing for the fun. The fact you can make a little cash on the side, just makes it even more fun. And making gold in diablo is no different than making gold in wow. All it require is some understanding of the market. Item values, item demands etc. And gold in diablo is equal to irl money. No matter how much gold you throw on rmah, it sells close to instant.

10+ Year Old Account
    To people who play the RMAH, how reasonable do you think it is for me to attempt to pay my monthly WoW sub by selling D3 items? I just put a bunch of nice items (for leveling) on the AH for real cheap (like 1-4 dollars) and I won't if I'll actually end up making enough cash to make this happen...

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 10:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Annthrax View Post
    how much is that in U.S dolla brah
    A lot. At today's exchange rate it's about $6443.00 USD.

I made ~$1000 with it a couple months ago, but I haven't been playing that much anymore, I should probably sell my wizard gear on there at some point and just take the money and run, but meh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    In about 400 hours of farming I've found 1 item worth about 50 bucks. 12cents an hour.... Though I have probably 200mil in gear but still... it's not an efficient way to make money unless you hit it early and took advantage of the crazy exchange rate fluctuations and item values.
    12 cents an hour? In Bangladesh, they'd kill for wages like that!

On a more serious note: don't expect to make a decent profit compared to, say, flipping burgers. You'll have (arguably) more fun playing Diablo though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    In about 400 hours of farming I've found 1 item worth about 50 bucks. 12cents an hour.... Though I have probably 200mil in gear but still... it's not an efficient way to make money unless you hit it early and took advantage of the crazy exchange rate fluctuations and item values.
    I just started playing again yesterday. I had 10 legendarys in my stash. Mostly garbage level 60s. I put them all up for a dollar each. They all sold before today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    I just started playing again yesterday. I had 10 legendarys in my stash. Mostly garbage level 60s. I put them all up for a dollar each. They all sold before today.
    Minimum amount is $1.25, and you're not getting any money if you put them up for that much, outside of a few pennies.

Deleted
    I'm desperately trying to sell my gear to buy MOP before the sale ends, though it doesn't look bright with the AH bug being present and it seems that nothing is going to sell because of it.

I sold a skorn and some other legendary for 10 euro each a month back though. So my total money made from the AH is currently at 155e.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eemuman View Post
    I'm desperately trying to sell my gear to buy MOP before the sale ends, though it doesn't look bright with the AH bug being present and it seems that nothing is going to sell because of it.

I sold a skorn and some other legendary for 10 euro each a month back though. So my total money made from the AH is currently at 155e.
    What bug would that be?

Deleted
    What bug would that be?
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5967567602

It definitely is out there, when I for example search for Dead man's legacy at least the first two pages are full of expired stuff and nothing pretty much sells because of this .

Don't know if it's happening on the US servers though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eemuman View Post

Sell for gold, sell gold for hard cash. At least that's how i got MOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, another question.

If gold is the best way to make money, how is that possible if blizzard takes $1 plus 15%. Do these not apply when selling gold?

Ok, another question.

If gold is the best way to make money, how is that possible if blizzard takes $1 plus 15%. Do these not apply when selling gold?
    They "only" take 15% on gold.

Deleted
    Yeah, got my MOP bought finally.

Decided to sell gold to get it. Had to sell 82m of gold, but it was worth it.