Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    and those who had no chance knew they had no chance. they played because they enjoyed it for other reasons.

    people don't know their places now
    I honestly didn't have raid gear and epix in vanilla. But i had so much fun and i'm still having

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    I would but I was permanently banned from their forums. I did exactly that with Diablo 3, and then when the first few patch fixed none of the players concerns I posted screenshots of my refund encouraging others to do the same. So they banned me.

    As far as playing something else, I stopped playing WoW in 2010, went and played various other games (Tera, SWTOR, GW2) and am currently back on the free 10 day trial. Unsure to if I will continue after.
    You should probably not get banned from their forums if you have all the answers. C'mon man, help us out here!
    Sarcasm aside, either keep playing or stop whining about it. Almost all of your posts have been about leaving/how bad things are, so I think you have your answer.

    OT: Everyone loves nostalgia, but I don't think it will hurt WoW as bad as it seems it will. In my opinion, if they keep going the direction they are going in now, nostalgia won't even be a factor (which I am all for)

  3. #63
    played vanilla wow from beta till tbc came without getting bored once, never a dull moment.

    played tbc untill wotk came out, same again never bored always something i needed/wanted to do that i actuly enjoyed doing.

    Wotk i ding level 80 finish naxx in next to no time quit the game about a week later no specific reason just got bored i couldnt tell you why exactly just wasnt doing it for me.

    Cata dinged 85 finish my 5 man heroic get bored before even raiding same again cant give a reason as to why.

    MOP dinged 90 very enjoyable leveling if im honest, get my heroic gear in about a week done some raid finder and now im bored again no interest to even start raiding properly again no idea as to why.

    point beeing the last 3 expansions havent kept my attention for the long haul like vanilla and tbc did, now this just could be down to the fact iv played the game for so long all the excitment and novelty of raiding has wore off or that they are just bad expansions. either way I will continue to keep buying every expansion that comes out because i really want one to get my full attention again but untill that happens im happy playing vanilla on a private server, still my personal fav.

  4. #64
    High Overlord Nathane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    I think it's a good thing, yes, because it means everyone gets to see the lore and the storylines. Do I give a flying fuck about the gear? No, except when it involves someone (and it's invariably, almost every single time, some spit-flinging 'hardcore' who thinks they deserve to dictate what other people should get) being a rude, annoying, obstructive dicksmack about it or throwing a colossal baby-tantrum because someone else getting a little bit of gear somehow threatens their masculinity.

    Yes but the lore and storylines are no longer special when you can go in and kill a boss with 15 ppl afk. You sit in Orgimmar wait for the LFR que to pop and spent 30 minutes then BAM! the hardest boss in the game is now dead. Congrats what a great story.

    You know why killing illidan,Rag,Kael,Vash, nefarian, and many others felt so epic? Its because it was hard. You couldn't roll in after a 10 min Q and stomp them with a bunch of tards in greens/blues. LFR is ruining the game and its a plain simple fact that casuals will not address because they can kill a boss then go back to farmville.

    Why not just spawn every new boss in the game in the first zone and give everyone epics and just kill it there? I mean why even make casuals do anything?

  5. #65
    The question is, how many of those players who complained actually played Vanilla/TBC ^.^

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    Yes but the lore and storylines are no longer special when you can go in and kill a boss with 15 ppl afk. You sit in Orgimmar wait for the LFR que to pop and spent 30 minutes then BAM! the hardest boss in the game is now dead. Congrats what a great story.

    You know why killing illidan,Rag,Kael,Vash, nefarian, and many others felt so epic? Its because it was hard. You couldn't roll in after a 10 min Q and stomp them with a bunch of tards in greens/blues. LFR is ruining the game and its a plain simple fact that casuals will not address because they can kill a boss then go back to farmville.

    Why not just spawn every new boss in the game in the first zone and give everyone epics and just kill it there? I mean why even make casuals do anything?
    i remember finding the entrance to dungeons and raids while playing to during vanilla and being impressed with the surrounding area and wishing to explore them further. however now i couldn't tell you where the entrance to DS/MSV/HoF are.

  7. #67
    Nostalgia ruins entertainment in general. Look how many rehashes/sequels there are in movies. Look at how many games that are barely different from other games, FPS shooters for instance. Look how many times people go to the bank with popular franchises like Star Wars.

    There's a difference between appreciative nostalgia and dillusional nostalgia. The majority of people who want to go back to vanilla or tbc are delusional. I played them both, I never want to play them again. The evolution of WoW is more important in the current iteration than it was 5 years ago. Going backwards never makes sense.

  8. #68

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    Yes but the lore and storylines are no longer special when you can go in and kill a boss with 15 ppl afk. You sit in Orgimmar wait for the LFR que to pop and spent 30 minutes then BAM! the hardest boss in the game is now dead. Congrats what a great story.

    You know why killing illidan,Rag,Kael,Vash, nefarian, and many others felt so epic? Its because it was hard. You couldn't roll in after a 10 min Q and stomp them with a bunch of tards in greens/blues. LFR is ruining the game and its a plain simple fact that casuals will not address because they can kill a boss then go back to farmville.

    Why not just spawn every new boss in the game in the first zone and give everyone epics and just kill it there? I mean why even make casuals do anything?
    The game still is hard, do heroics. The people who do LFR and nothing more are people who never would have seen the bosses in previous expansions, that's the entire point of the feature. Challenges exist, the real challenge is convincing people to go find them. But it's easier to just complain about things.

  10. #70
    Although i did read your post all i really had to do was read the title of your thread and knew you were a person i agree with completely. I have always known that extreme nostalgia does more harm than good, so you thought BC was the best and think the game is utter garbage now? STOP PLAYING. The people who still enjoy this game for what it is get nothing out of hearing stories about the glory days of Vanilla, TBC or Wrath and how the game is horrific now.

    One thing i find ironic are how many people complain about MoP and how 'grindy' it is yet before Mists launched people wanted so badly to return to the Vanilla / TBC days where you had to do long involved questlines in order to enter a raid or obtain something that you wanted. The developers of WoW realized this and made MoP much more of a grindfest most likely because so many people wanted a Vanilla / TBC feel. Yet instead of being happy players STILL continue to complain saying MoP is one big grind fest and that things take way too long to get done, i am sorry but i was under the assumption that players WANTED the Vanilla feel back?

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    The game still is hard, do heroics. The people who do LFR and nothing more are people who never would have seen the bosses in previous expansions, that's the entire point of the feature. Challenges exist, the real challenge is convincing people to go find them. But it's easier to just complain about things.
    it doesn't feel the same.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 03:49 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by matters View Post
    Although i did read your post all i really had to do was read the title of your thread and knew you were a person i agree with completely. I have always known that extreme nostalgia does more harm than good, so you thought BC was the best and think the game is utter garbage now? STOP PLAYING. The people who still enjoy this game for what it is get nothing out of hearing stories about the glory days of Vanilla, TBC or Wrath and how the game is horrific now.

    One thing i find ironic are how many people complain about MoP and how 'grindy' it is yet before Mists launched people wanted so badly to return to the Vanilla / TBC days where you had to do long involved questlines in order to enter a raid or obtain something that you wanted. The developers of WoW realized this and made MoP much more of a grindfest most likely because so many people wanted a Vanilla / TBC feel. Yet instead of being happy players STILL continue to complain saying MoP is one big grind fest and that things take way too long to get done, i am sorry but i was under the assumption that players WANTED the Vanilla feel back?
    so you're saying that all the players that asked for more of a TBC feel to the game are the same people that complain about dailies being grindy?

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    it doesn't feel the same.[COLOR="red"]
    It does not feel the same for you.

    Frankly, as a player that has played longer then any of the people likely in this thread (Phase 2 Beta), the game is way better then it's been in years.

  13. #73
    We all, the "modern" and "nostalgic" players, can agree about one thing: WoW we remember is awesome, and it managed to keep lots of people playing. So it does today.

    So, what is the answer for the question "do all those changes make WoW worse or better"? Sadly, there is no answer. But there is one thing we know - all those changes don't matter in the final reception of the game. Around 10 million people player, and around 10 million people play now. WoW has some sort of addictiong magic I've never managed to find in another game (except from Capcom fighters, but thats just me). This whole, living world just sucks you in, whenever you are - in Elwynn Forest, participating in RP events, in Temple of Kotmogu, being astonished by speed and gameplay of new battleground, or just flying around the Northrend and looking down at majestic graphics and enviroment. This magic is both in Molten core, where you smile looking at Garr and remind how funny it was to manage 40 people dancing around him, and newer raids, like Mogu'Shan Vaults, where each fight is another epic experiance and exhausting battle with your own focus in one.

    There are no perfect things. Nostalgic players wipe their face from tears reminding great moments in WoW history, that are past. Don't forget the mistakes that had to be repaired, don't threat them like "taking something away". Hillsbrad PvP was ganking, and that's just bullying/gangrape, depending on variant. Some location you recall "great" and "wtf why did they change" (i'm looking at you, Thousand Needles) were the most boring questing places ever - places even you tried to get around. PvP was broken for the most part, with stupidly OP locks and shamans. Most early raids were rather about fighting your group of 40 people, most of which did not know anything about their classes, then bosses themselves.

    Current game also has many flaws. Level for "casual players" was lowered too much, leaving a niche between "stupidly easy" and "damn, thats hard". Current PvP is broken. Leveling process turned from an epic adventure to a race towards max level. Cross-Realm Zones are messed up, and sometimes thehy discourage players from leveling - see the Black Portal on higher-population servers.

    So, would it be better if the WoW never changed from grinding resistance gear for Ahn'Qiraj to grinding Shado-Pan dailies for that sweet head? We may never know the answer. But we are all playing an epic game, a game that never existed before. So, if you are an old, nostalgic player, stop recalling both good and bad times of WoW and letting them cast a shadow on newer content. And if you are new in the game, don't decline the epicness and freedom of vanilla WoW. Just play this game like you always do, and know it is already a part of history.

  14. #74
    Warchief coldbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    2,128
    Extreme maybe yes.

    Classic WoW was a wonderful dangerous world where game mechanics and class (let alone spec-) balance absolutely sucked. But it had community on each server, and your reputation mattered and you knew people, and people knew you. I'll never again roll into a random BG and have everyone know my name. That's sad.

    I pity you people who will never experience what I experienced. Plus the Onyxia quest. And The Missing Diplomat quest line. And the Scepter of the Shifting Sands quests.

    http://www.wowpedia.org/The_Missing_...at_quest_chain




  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Extreme nostalgia BS is one of the things that's killing the game the most.
    Dumb statements about killing the game are killing the game the most.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    I'm getting quite sick of it.

    I think extreme nostalgia is something that is killing gaming today in general, but it's especially bad in WoW. Something that stated out in Classic/BC is changed for the better? LOLITSUCKSBC/CLASSICWASBETTERBLIZZISAJOKE. Every single little damn thing that is changed is automatically slammed by idiots with rose-tinted glasses JUST because it's different from something in Classic/BC. I'm rather sick of it.

    Some nostalgia is fine. Heck I have it sometimes while exploring through Northrend, we all do. The thing that annoys me is when people are downright OBSESSED about every single little thing that happened in BC/Classic (even though most of it has to deal with the people they played with), and refuse to accept ANY change to that model, even if it's obviously better.

    Extreme nostalgia BS is one of the things that's killing the game the most.
    It doesn't even make sense either. TBC had the worst flaws in WoW history. The 10 to 25 man transition alone was beyond terrible. For people to just overlook the shockingly bad PvP balance, the constant swarms of bots farming AV for honor, the horrible gear itemization, the raids bloated with loads of trash, Black Temple being the top raid for over a year, etc. and then claim that TBC was the best is just laughable.

  17. #77
    /agree with thread.

    Like I say all the time, you miss the FEELING you had while playing, NOT the game itself. The game has only improved.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    I'm getting quite sick of it.

    I think extreme nostalgia is something that is killing gaming today in general, but it's especially bad in WoW. Something that stated out in Classic/BC is changed for the better? LOLITSUCKSBC/CLASSICWASBETTERBLIZZISAJOKE. Every single little damn thing that is changed is automatically slammed by idiots with rose-tinted glasses JUST because it's different from something in Classic/BC. I'm rather sick of it.

    Some nostalgia is fine. Heck I have it sometimes while exploring through Northrend, we all do. The thing that annoys me is when people are downright OBSESSED about every single little thing that happened in BC/Classic (even though most of it has to deal with the people they played with), and refuse to accept ANY change to that model, even if it's obviously better.

    Extreme nostalgia BS is one of the things that's killing the game the most.
    That's funny, because extreme nostalgia is basically how Blizzard justifies/excuses CRZ to us: "We originally designed the zones to be full". And so they did, and so they were (full) in vanilla.

  19. #79
    Warchief Byniri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    East Lansing, Michigan.
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    Yes but the lore and storylines are no longer special when you can go in and kill a boss with 15 ppl afk. You sit in Orgimmar wait for the LFR que to pop and spent 30 minutes then BAM! the hardest boss in the game is now dead. Congrats what a great story.

    You know why killing illidan,Rag,Kael,Vash, nefarian, and many others felt so epic? Its because it was hard. You couldn't roll in after a 10 min Q and stomp them with a bunch of tards in greens/blues. LFR is ruining the game and its a plain simple fact that casuals will not address because they can kill a boss then go back to farmville.

    Why not just spawn every new boss in the game in the first zone and give everyone epics and just kill it there? I mean why even make casuals do anything?
    This is honestly what I don't do LFR at all. It kills the experience of killing the bosses and finishing the content. Thank goodness it's not required.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    /agree with thread.

    Like I say all the time, you miss the FEELING you had while playing, NOT the game itself. The game has only improved.
    So why am I enjoying myself more on the vanilla server i'm currently playing on?
    Last edited by Evilananazz; 2012-11-14 at 12:39 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •