Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hate how I can play any spec I want on any class I want and be able to perform in PVP, PVE or solo effectively. I miss having to heal when I didn't want to or tank because that's the only spec that's useful for my class. That made the game better.

This is how those people sound every time. The game continues to get better and when Blizzard gives people what they want, they complain about it because they're stupid and don't have a clue what they're talking about. Case in point with dailies. The #1 whine I saw for months and years was "AMG THEY IS CATERIN TO THE CASUALS" by letting you simply walk into raids, get gear with vp or LFR. Now you...have to do something before doing that. Something easy that you can do on your own whenever the hell you feel like it. It seems that these so-called 'hardcore raiders' only wanted other people to do the work, not themselves.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    Agreed on ST all the way. Was one of my favorite instances other then Stratholme. Also running full BRD's was fun but most people nowadays have no idea how many bosses are in that joint
    YES! I still love BRD... I have one or two friends who also love it, and since you can never get a LFD group to do the whole thing, we just trade giving each other's alts full runs when we reach the appropriate level for it.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Nuff said really, why start a thread on a subject you have no experience in, all your displaying is ignorance at highest level like every other little wrath child throwing out rose-tinted this, rose-tinted that whenever someone disagrees with the fully automated sit back and enjoy the ride while blizzard is decking your character in "epics" model we had in the last expansion.

Given this is MoP I can only assume your lackluster thread is about anyone not agreeing that dailies are bollocks and that you should be able to tripple-dip through dungeons and be able to get fully epic'd out in 1 day.

Better rate this thread highly
    Nice job generalizing moron.

Northrend IMO had the best storytelling, and Arthas is a character who I think made Warcraft 3 absolutely amazing.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Isn't this subject a matter of opinion? It seems to me that you're saying you dislike others for having a different opinion. You can't be angry for people voicing their own opinion because its exactly what you're doing right now. =)

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    WOW isn't being held back, WOW is what it is (the good and the bad). It's the expectation of it to be a whole lot more than it ever will be that is holding people back from enjoying their free time. Honestly if it died tomorrow we'll all flock to the next game, so if people are so disgruntled then I suggest you either go to blizzard's actual site and give constructive feedback (no offense but yours isn't constructive) or play something else.
    I would but I was permanently banned from their forums. I did exactly that with Diablo 3, and then when the first few patch fixed none of the players concerns I posted screenshots of my refund encouraging others to do the same. So they banned me.

As far as playing something else, I stopped playing WoW in 2010, went and played various other games (Tera, SWTOR, GW2) and am currently back on the free 10 day trial. Unsure to if I will continue after.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree. Nostalgia is a minor thing, that sometimes gives people an additional perspective that's worth listening to. Not every change is good, and it's useful to think back, and think critically about which changes were improvements and which weren't. Like anything else, nostalgia would be harmful if taken to extremes, but the WoW community doesn't have a problem with that. The amount of nostalgia is healthy and appropriate.

I am torn both ways. I started in TBC and had a blast. I liked that I made friends in game and that I would get whispers all the time asking me to tank a dungeon. But I also felt I had to tank to get anywhere, because if I didn't it may get 1-2 runs in after being online for 5-6 hrs. I also never got the opportunity to raid past TK.

Now, I like that I can que for dungeon while doing other things and I feel I have the option to DPS if I like. I raid normal, but if I couldn't I would have the LFR option. This is great, especially considering I am older now and have a lot more going and don't get to do 5-6 hr sessions and only get to play a couple days a week. But I do miss how personal TBC was, and though I never got to raid past TK I like the raiding model of TBC.

But overall I think things have changed for the better. Though my only friends now are RL friends and I have not made any in game friends, but do I get to see all the game has to offer. There are things I miss, but I appreciate the changes.

I also don't think WoW is catering to children and casuals. I think it is adapting and providing options to all players. Even those that started long ago and do not have the time to dedicate to it anymore. Frankly, if it were still TBC I wouldn't be playing, because I wouldn't have the opportunity to much of what the game has to offer.

Edit: Pardon my bad English. English is my first language, so I never learned grammar.
    Last edited by DrStiglit; 2012-11-13 at 07:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    I would but I was permanently banned from their forums. I did exactly that with Diablo 3, and then when the first few patch fixed none of the players concerns I posted screenshots of my refund encouraging others to do the same. So they banned me.

As far as playing something else, I stopped playing WoW in 2010, went and played various other games (Tera, SWTOR, GW2) and am currently back on the free 10 day trial. Unsure to if I will continue after.
    LOL, no wonder you got banned, I would ban you too

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really understand how it could be hurting the game. As far as I know, design decisions aren't made off of what a few extreme outliers in the population want. It sounds like you're complaining about a forum or social issue, not really a game problem.

It might be annoying but damaging?

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamatastic View Post
    Isn't this subject a matter of opinion? It seems to me that you're saying you dislike others for having a different opinion. You can't be angry for people voicing their own opinion because its exactly what you're doing right now. =)
    Not against them voicing their opinion, I just don't agree with the opinion itself and think it does more harm than good.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    LOL, no wonder you got banned, I would ban you too
    Not my fault blizzard made a lemon. I was just informing people of their options.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    Not my fault blizzard made a lemon. I was just informing people of their options.
    It will follow the same path as D2 and people start to love it after an expansion or two. Just you wait! My worthless CE box will be worth thousands in a few years!!! /sarcasm...

The nostalgia for me is the loss of tiered raids, epic deeds, classes were a lot different. For me, game has become McDonaldized.

Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    my nostalgia actually is all about WotLK for all different reasons than people expect it may be. Simply the story and interaction. I loved how involved i were. So story point wise and lore wise. wrath of the lich king is my fave, everything else i played through and cata had its moments, as did bc and so far as does mop. but just my player experience negating game dynamics. wotlk was my peak
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead...and that World of Warcraft died with him."

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    He says as he Posts on a forum that is devoted to general talk about a WoW. A game that millions of people still play and enjoy.
    I think it's fair to say that Cata, D3, and maybe even Sc2 weren't up to Blizzard's past standards. I used to say Blizzard didn't make bad games, but looking at their recent releases, and even at PvP balance in MoP, I just can't say I still feel that way. It just feels as though they've gone from being industry definers to having games like Torchlight II out-shine them. But, that's just one little bear's opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR is the biggest fail this game has produced. It honestly makes me want to throw up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    LFR is the biggest fail this game has produced. It honestly makes me want to throw up
    Every time I see someone post something like this, I giggle inside, because I picture something like the dad from that old Twisted Sister video, red in the face, veins popping out of his forehead, spittle spraying across the room with every syllable of self-righteous indignation...
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you think LFR is good for this game? People can /follow someone and get up to 6 free epics per raid more if the use the valor they get?

Did you ever think that it isn't always "nostalgia"?

Maybe some people actually liked Vanilla or Bc more than the game now. It all comes down to opinions. Some people like the game the way it is now and some hate it. Learn to live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    It seems that these so-called 'hardcore raiders' only wanted other people to do the work, not themselves.
    Of course... This was obvious from the start.

You see, the so-called hardcore crowd "works" to put those Heroic bosses down for 4 nights a week so that they can be dressed in full purples and get server 4th 6/6H, and maybe get a compliment from some random player about their "the Immortal" title.
    These people think that to get purples requires that amount of work and dedication. They are "offended" that someone could dare get a purple by not raiding, because raiding is the game, everything else is secondary.

Then they QQ about 'casuals'.

So Blizzard puts in a grind. Problem is that these hardcore raiders benefited from the same easy purples as everyone else; they just never admitted it. So now, they must be competitive to get the server 10th 6/6H that they "deserve"; and man-oh-man do they hate doing quests. Quests are there just to get to max level, and that's it, then we grind dungeons for some heroic gear and bam, raid until our eyes bleed.

I honestly have no sympathy for them. They (like hardcore PvP people) inhabit such a limited space in the game. They want to benefit from an instant "ready for raid/Ready for Arena" button, while locking out people whom they feel are inferior from ever possibly matching the size of their epeen.

People who whine about doing dailies are not people who want to actually work to get gear. They are the ones who want gear handed to them. They are the ones who want to be carried and revel in the glory, but not have to put in actual effort.

They are who they hate, and they are projecting that hate on to everyone.