Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    Orly. Makes me wish we had hammer of the righteous.
    Seals only proc on your primary target. SoT for example only applies a stack to your selected target.Even Seal of Righteousness works this way even though it then actually damages many.

Have also reported the very annoying melee swing bug which took me ages to figure out what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by fixall View Post
    It's obviously not working as intended and will either be left alone and ignored or hit with the nerf hammer.
    It's completely working as intended. The problem is that they didn't foresee how good it actually ended up being for PvE. It will be taken care of, you can count on that.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Deleted
    If they nerf it after progress part of content, maybe after some nerf of bosses... who cares then. Even now a lot of monks and disci preys kicks our paladin asses and they don't use any tricky sets/bonuses/synergies - they will kick even more when getting better gear week after week.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    It's completely working as intended. The problem is that they didn't foresee how good it actually ended up being for PvE. It will be taken care of, you can count on that.
    I don't think they'll nerf it. I don't know if top pallies have their 4-pc pve yet, but I think I'd rather use that over 4-pc pvp anyway if I had it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooji View Post
    I don't think they'll nerf it. I don't know if to p pallies have their 4-pc pve yet, but I think I'd rather use that over 4-pc pvp anyway if I had it.
    Once 5.1 goes live, I think the T14 will be superior indeed. But since I dont have it yet...
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    It's not unbalanced but at the rate people are bitching they will find a reason to nerf it or remove it entirely.
    Do you really believe Blizzard buffs and nerfs according to our QQ and demands? You must be dreaming then.
    They look at the data (and that gets monitored constantly) and adjust if they see a need one way or the other. A set bonus that lifts a class up the meters with numbers almost twice as high as the next guy, while using lowly blue gear.... something is wrong. We going to investigate, we going to fix that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Do you really believe Blizzard buffs and nerfs according to our QQ and demands? You must be dreaming then.
    They look at the data (and that gets monitored constantly) and adjust if they see a need one way or the other. A set bonus that lifts a class up the meters with numbers almost twice as high as the next guy, while using lowly blue gear.... something is wrong. We going to investigate, we going to fix that.
    Problem is, monks and to lesser extent priests get the same or even higher HPS without such a set bonus. So, there is no "twice as high as the next guy" as jab-jab-uplift nets similar and higher numbers.
    If anything, it shows that paladins could use a few tweaks to bump their HPS (imho, mana cost reduction on HR and DL would be a good start).
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

To be able to see the real difference in the pve 4pc and the pvp 4pc you would have to model how much mana spent on cs and HR and tower of radiance to get extra holy power is vs normal mana spending. If most of your holy power comes from holy shock then the pve 4pc is better.

blah blah blah

The pvp 4set is good, but the pve 4set is just as good if not better imo.
    Way to ignore one of the most important parts to this set bonus that makes it so good; it gives a free HP on every DP proc. The HP gained from this, and the mana it saves, is such a big deal that the pathetic bonuses that the pve set provide are nothing by comparison. I don't even bother to CS anymore, I just cast holy radiance instead of it, because I have the mana to do so thanks to all the time spent casting EF instead of spells that cost mana.

Only on fights where there are only 2-3 targets taking damage does the utility of the pvp set become kind of worthless, since its strength is keeping EF on as many targets as possible.

Have you even tried the set? Bizzare statements like "[f]or the PVE 4pc, if you want to ef blanket you don't have to worry about using 3, you can just use 1 hp EFs" make me think that you haven't.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Problem is, monks and to lesser extent priests get the same or even higher HPS without such a set bonus. So, there is no "twice as high as the next guy" as jab-jab-uplift nets similar and higher numbers.
    If anything, it shows that paladins could use a few tweaks to bump their HPS (imho, mana cost reduction on HR and DL would be a good start).
    I was just giving an example how Blizzard likely works. They evaluate data constantly and if something looks off, chances are it is off, and they adjust it.
    And it has really nothing to do with us players whining about the other guy

Cause if you look closely there isn't really any class that does not get bitched at by players for whatever reason.
    If Blizzard would really listen to the whining, then everyone would do the same dps, the same heals and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I was just giving an example how Blizzard likely works. They evaluate data constantly and if something looks off, chances are it is off, and they adjust it.
    And it has really nothing to do with us players whining about the other guy

Cause if you look closely there isn't really any class that does not get bitched at by players for whatever reason.
    If Blizzard would really listen to the whining, then everyone would do the same dps, the same heals and what not.
    They already nerfed the 4p bonus on the PTR (5.1). You can still get the extra holy power when you use a 3 holy power EF, but you can't get the extra holy power from a Divine Purpose proc. i.e. when your DP procs, and u use EF, u won't get the extra holy power from the 4p bonus. And Divine purpose doesn't proc like 3-4 times in a row anymore like on live. So T14 4p bonus will be better in 5.1 as it will lower your HS by 2s (currently 1s on live).

Quote Originally Posted by Mooji View Post
    I don't think they'll nerf it. I don't know if top pallies have their 4-pc pve yet, but I think I'd rather use that over 4-pc pvp anyway if I had it.
    I'm not a top pally but I have my 4-piece thanks to Sha and Raid Finder. I'd be surprised if some people who are killing the actual tier bosses on normal and/or heroic don't have it yet as they have more shots at it than I do.

I am not going to say they will "nerf" it because I'm generally not a big fan of the terms nerf and buff, since people seem to want to categorize everything into one of those two things so they know whether they need to be happy or angry, or because they just want to be quick to bitch on forums or to guildies, oor to make excuses, etc.

Lateral changes are often necessary as well. I can foresee this being a lateral change from what was intended but perhaps a slight power reduction in how it ended up in practice, which I'd guess they didn't foresee.
    Last edited by Karazee; 2012-11-27 at 04:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jincuteguy View Post
    They already nerfed the 4p bonus on the PTR (5.1). You can still get the extra holy power when you use a 3 holy power EF, but you can't get the extra holy power from a Divine Purpose proc. i.e. when your DP procs, and u use EF, u won't get the extra holy power from the 4p bonus. And Divine purpose doesn't proc like 3-4 times in a row anymore like on live. So T14 4p bonus will be better in 5.1 as it will lower your HS by 2s (currently 1s on live).
    These changes are nowhere to be seen in the patch notes. Anyways we will see if this is true or not tomorrow when 5.1 hits live. If it is true then the 4p PvE set should beat the pvp set on every single fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    1. Buff pve 4 piece
    2. Win
    Item - Paladin T14 Holy 4P Bonus - Reduces the cooldown of your Holy Shock spell by 2 sec, up from 1 sec.

/win

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Item - Paladin T14 Holy 4P Bonus - Reduces the cooldown of your Holy Shock spell by 2 sec, up from 1 sec.

/win
    Except that change is not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Except that change is not enough.
    It is if the pvp 4pc doesn't proc from divine purpose.

Deleted
    It is if the pvp 4pc doesn't proc from divine purpose.

Have we got any confirmation of this on live yet? I'm not seeing any EF cd in patch notes either :|

Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    Have we got any confirmation of this on live yet? I'm not seeing any EF cd in patch notes either :|
    I really hope they changed it. Won't be home until later so hoping someone can provide an update.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    I really hope they changed it. Won't be home until later so hoping someone can provide an update.
    Might have been that the latest build just didn't make it into the patch. Here's for hoping.

Can confirm it's been nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthresa View Post
    Can confirm it's been nerfed.
    I already told you guys that they nerfed it so it didnt proc from DP lol and you guys didnt believe me.