Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Yeah I usually love hearing news about how my class has been nerfed

/sarcasm
    Then you obviously don't get it. It's not fun to have to wear pvp gear to raid or to have your tier set not be an upgrade over pvp honor blues, and I didn't find the blanketing playstyle fun or engaging at all.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Thanks pve paladins. I dont understand why people were bitching about this without adding "make the setbonus only work in pvp". It was totally fine in pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uka View Post
    Thanks pve paladins. I dont understand why people were bitching about this without adding "make the setbonus only work in pvp". It was totally fine in pvp.
    Because that would be even worse game design. Putting zone restrictions on set bonuses (because that's what would need to happen) would just be confusing and unnecessary.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    Then you obviously don't get it. It's not fun to have to wear pvp gear to raid or to have your tier set not be an upgrade over pvp honor blues, and I didn't find the blanketing playstyle fun or engaging at all.
    Then you didn't have to play it, and you could still wear your tier gear.

And I certainly get it, its the same thing mages have been complaining about for ages, where the gorilla retard easy spec is always the highest damage.. it sucks, I know. Unfortunately for progression I'd rather have a stupid easy powerful spec if I can get it.. or in this case playstyle.

Not to bad of a nerf, I still managed to rank on the 5th boss in MSV before some prepatch pallies. But its kinda funny to see the pvp aspect of holydins getting nerfed because of what their pve brothers are doing with their gear, assuming we caused the nerf in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    Well, that's like your OPINION, dude.
    IM TEH RET! er... teh holy... or it was teh prot?!
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Deleted
    After testing raiding with the nerf I still think 4pc is still very viable. When comparing Garalon from last night to last week which is the best EF blanket 4pc/DP combo boss so far, I dropped around 8.5k HPS. Though I got 8 less DP proccs so the HPS would be abit higher if I got the same proccs as last week.

Yes it is nerfed, but it is still very good and the numbers doesn't differ too much. Comparing Elegon fights I got 5 more proccs last week but the difference in HPS was only 1.5k so it sure doesn't suck. Would guess 4pc PvE bonus would be better but for now, I will stick to 4pc pvp since it is so mana efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilesmagno View Post
    Well, that's like your OPINION, dude.
    Yes, you are correct. And the poster I was responding to didn't understand that some people have other opinions on what is fun that aren't based solely upon nerfs and buffs.

Reading is hard.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

The reason this nerf is hardly a nerf, is because rarely ever did divine purpose proc more than 2 times in a row.. and because you can just throw out a holy radiance for that extra HP gen, you honestly don't lose that much HPS.. if any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthresa View Post
    The reason this nerf is hardly a nerf, is because rarely ever did divine purpose proc more than 2 times in a row.. and because you can just throw out a holy radiance for that extra HP gen, you honestly don't lose that much HPS.. if any.
    That is simply not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    That is simply not true.
    Believe what you will, my hps has barely changed in the slightest. and i'm doing that exact same thing as before

Believe what you will, my hps has barely changed in the slightest. and i'm doing that exact same thing as before
    Your personal interpretation of your individual experience is nice and all, but has no bearing on reality.

It was a massive nerf to those using the 4p and DP, period. You can't argue with math amigo.

You are in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Your personal interpretation of your individual experience is nice and all, but has no bearing on reality.

It was a massive nerf to those using the 4p and DP, period. You can't argue with math amigo.
    Clearly the input of someone who has downed less than half of normal content matters. Your experience and wisdom in the matters of HPally is eyeopening and your testimony sheds new light on the class. Seriously, I don't understand why you continue to provide input as if you play the class. Pushing heroic content, I can tell you that the "nerf" is hardly that. Right now the PvE and PvP 4pieces are approximately the same. While the bonus itself seems like it would be better, the fact that the PvE bonus allows you to snipe more and provide better spot healing is reason enough to switch over. I am still ranking and still topping meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Deipotent View Post
    Clearly the input of someone who has downed less than half of normal content matters. Your experience and wisdom in the matters of HPally is eyeopening and your testimony sheds new light on the class. Seriously, I don't understand why you continue to provide input as if you play the class. Pushing heroic content, I can tell you that the "nerf" is hardly that. Right now the PvE and PvP 4pieces are approximately the same. While the bonus itself seems like it would be better, the fact that the PvE bonus allows you to snipe more and provide better spot healing is reason enough to switch over. I am still ranking and still topping meters.
    This amuses me...you don't even list your character name on the forums, yet you bash other people because you supposedly cleared more content? You expect people to just believe you?

Your 13 posts and no proof whatsoever clearly shows your wealth of experience these other peasants lack. (Hope the sarcasm wasn't too thin)

Try talking shit when you aren't hiding behind anonymity.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Relax gentlemen

@deipotent - I never said they nerfed paladin as a class, I said that the nerf to paladins using 4p pvp and DP was significant. As I said somewhere earlier in the thread, paladins are still perfectly viable and the bonus is still good, it just doesnt enable a (relatively overpowered) playstyle on some fights anymore.

Since you obviously misunderstood me, I dont take offense to your implication that I can't do simple math because of my undergeared alt and the fact that I'm currently raiding at a casual level.

Xilion - Kil'jaeden Real Talk

Armory

Wowprogress

Wowheroes

GG little hombre.
    Last edited by Deipotent; 2012-12-01 at 11:16 AM.

Xilion - Kil'jaeden Real Talk

Armory

Wowprogress

Wowheroes

GG little hombre.
    Why do you use Glyph of Illumination?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    Why do you use Glyph of Illumination?
    Especially with the 4pc PvE, you cast HS quite a bit. It ended up being about 110k mana back on our recent Elegon kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Especially with the 4pc PvE, you cast HS quite a bit. It ended up being about 110k mana back on our recent Elegon kill.
    Yes, but how many you won't gain back from meditation?
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-