Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Why were flying mounts put into the game?

They brought the game from being insanely awesome and extremely fun to just super awesome and fun. That pretty much single-handedly almost partially ruined World PvP. It's still there and it's still fun but it's not there as much and it's not as fun.

On a serious note: Why were they ever introduced into the game? I don't see any benefits besides making WoW the worst game of all time.

Link your profile, want to see how many flying mounts you have

Deleted
    Because everyone wanted it.

Because people like to fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    To fly on.... why else were they added?

Quote Originally Posted by clbembry View Post
    On a serious note: Why were they ever introduced into the game? I don't see any benefits besides making WoW the worst game of all time.
    So worst game of all time? Yet the biggest mmo ever made? They must have got something right.

Not sure about your realm but there is fair bit of world pvp on my realm.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2012-11-13 at 09:50 PM.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Because most got lazy.
    Some wanted to travel to new areas they couldn't already reach.
    Heaps just wanted to gank others and not be able to be stopped.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Shedi View Post
    Because everyone wanted it.
    This ^

People in general dislike walking and ground riding. Taking paths that are out of the way to where they need to go.

Flying was probably one of the best additions to the game.

Taking it away cause you want people to see your artwork however is moronic at best. Especially knowing players could have the choice to either ride on the ground or fly.

As far as world PVP goes. if people really wanted world PVP it would happen. Players would make it happen. Since it happens so little, it stands to reason the gamers really don't care for it or at least a large number of players don't care for it.

Flying - Best thing to happen to WOW since Dual spec.
    Last edited by quras; 2012-11-13 at 09:55 PM.

Deleted
    As people above said.
    I have nothing else to say to someone who claims that flying mounts "made WoW the worst game of all time".

Because we saw Rend Blackhand in UBRS come in on his drake(Gyth, which is draconic for jerk) and we were all "WTF BLIZZ WHERES MAH DRAKE" and they said "OK U GET DRAKES!" and there was much rejoicing in the village that night.

go fly around four winds w/ your group of 90s killing the lvl 87s some more. cause thats helping the game experience alot isnt it.

Deleted
    This thread again...

The whole "flying mounts killed world PvP" argument has been debunked a thousand times. Learn to use the search function.

Quote Originally Posted by syn1k View Post
    go fly around four winds w/ your group of 90s killing the lvl 87s some more. cause thats helping the game experience alot isnt it.
    PVP Realms are a sub-par game experience in general. Who wants to be randomly attacked by a mob of people? Not fun at all. "World PVP" usually consists of 4-5 guys kicking the crap out of 1 person. I used to play on Kil'jaeden til end of WOTLK and I don't miss leaving that PVP Realm at all, the raiding was amazing, but the ganking was not.

First if you seriously believe it is the worst game of all time why are you playing it? Also on that same note why are you here complaining about it. If you truly disliked the game it would not have taken up the real estate in your brain so you need to bring up things like this.

Next people requested it. People wanted to fly. The majority of people like it.

Third, the game has PVP but it is not a PVP focused game. WoW is more PVE focused. Other games like GW2 are more PVP focused. What I would recommend is logging off of the forums (where it appears you are attempting to incite a flame war) and take the time to research a game you would enjoy more so you can stop wasting your time setting up inane threads that will accomplish nothing other then have the moderators eventually close it down.

I know this sounded a bit harsh, but we have had flying mounts now through TBC, LK, Cata and now MoP. The game has had flying mounts for longer then it did not. Most players have never played when there were not flying mounts. A question like this might have been relevant during the TBC beta but you missed the boat. They are not going back.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    This thread again...

The whole "flying mounts killed world PvP" argument has been debunked a thousand times. Learn to use the search function.
    I think it's meant to be "flying mounts stopped me killing lowbies, wah wah wah"
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    No one debunked it because theres nothing to debunk, my WPvP experience died in seconds once I got flying. It was tragic to say the least.
    Then you obviously only started playing in TBC, WPVP was killed the minute Battlegrounds came to exist.

i don't remember people wanting them until blizz said they were adding them

before that people were fucking elated to get their epic mount at 60

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread made me think of this video lol
    Sig by Safhira

Deleted
    Oh, shit, I can't gank noobs cuz flying mounts. THE HUMANITY!

Deleted
    On a serious note though, it was a mistake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Then you obviously only started playing in TBC, WPVP was killed the minute Battlegrounds came to exist.
    Yet I experienced tons of world pvp through vanilla and until I hit level 70 where I got my flying mount. How can that be?

Raid vs Raid in BRC Mountain or in front of AQ..

Or simply tons of world pvp in Silithus after AQ opened. I guess these things never happened, and it was all a dream.. Damn :P