Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Blood is slow since you cant pull a lot of mobs in most situations. It can be convenient for dailies in bad gear, I could only take 1-2 mobs as freshly dinged 90 for them. By now I just pull whatever I see and steamroll it as frost, though. No way blood would be able to keep up. Can take 8 mobs no problem as frost, and I've yet to run into a situation where I can pull more mobs than that for my quests.

in blood spec with dps gear i easily pull 50k single target, 110 with cd's and army, in full tank gear it's around 30k single target and 50k with cd's. If you level as blood use only dps gear, with as much hit/exp as possible.
    Personally i levelled as frost with glyph of dark succor, it heals for a shit tonne and if you're pulling up to 6 mobs is your best choice, however when i came to the rare and elites i went blood, you have dual spec so make the most of it. With the dailies out there it depends on which faction, some are harder than others, shadow pan and Klaxxi i tended to go blood, the rest as frost, was laughably much easier than it was on my crappy druid tank who takes forever to down three mobs.

Blood in DPS gear at 90 is rediculous for dailys, even on a mid to high pop server I was able to pretty much pull everything and whittle the pack down. Just lvl in frost until you get soul reaper
    Whoops, sig too big

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Curious if switching to Frost/Unholy would make either go faster despite the lower survival?
    I had no problems at all. Pulling 6 mobs at once wasn't dangerous at all and I usually did around 25-30k dps. I also went to the high level areas (e.g. kyparite-farming at level 86) and killed level 90 mobs there as well. But you should kite the packs there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You're kidding, right? I can kill like 20 normal level 90 mobs with my 90 blood. The healing and absorb I have is so insane it's like I have a personal healer with me. It was the same while leveling. No way have I been able to do similar pulls with my DPS classes and specs as I did with my blood when leveling.

The DPS may be slow, even with the huge AP increase from Vengeance, but saying that blood "can't pull a lot of mobs in most situations" is pure BS.

EDIT: Once the EU realms are up, I'll see if I can find a spot and see how many mobs I can pull and kill at once. I do know I've pulled two packs of goats with some mushans no problem. I can do a couple tests to see what it actually takes to kill me.
    I think Hunty refers to the fact that big pulls are not always possible in the sense on there not being enough mobs for it.
    Not the possibility of the fact that you can kill that amount of mobs as blood

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkash View Post
    I think Hunty refers to the fact that big pulls are not always possible in the sense on there not being enough mobs for it.
    Ahh, of course. Well that makes much more sense!

There are plenty of big pulls to be made, though, so I'm not sure I agree with the statement that most situations don't allow you to make them.

You can grab mobs from a very, very large area as blood easily, by using Outbreak on one mob, then using Grip and taunt to get other mobs to you, while ensuring you keep aggro by popping BB to damage the mob pack and spread your diseases. Then just pop DS to get purple runes, health and rune power, which you can then convert to health while you're running around gathering a huge zerg to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkash View Post
    Exactly. You may be able to pull a pack of 20 mobs and kill them, but in the time you have gotten them all grouped together I'll have downed 2 packs and am going for a third, killing that before you killed your first mob. Mob density is just not high enough in most cases, especially the ones you need for quests.
    For example, those goats. If you want multiple packs, you also pick up some mushans and hozen you dont need. Time wasted killing pointless mobs. If we're talking speed, frost outright wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arngrim310 View Post
    DW or 2H frost with glyph of Dark Succor. Easy handles pack of a half dozen or so and kills them way faster than blood could ever dream and you can stay relatively topped off. AOE like mad, then focus down low health targets, DS next target. Rinse, repeat.
    I've done both Blood and Frost and Dark Succor makes you able to keep topped off and the Killing Machine procs burn mobs down significantly faster than Blood. The only times Blood pulls better numbers is in situations where you can pull 10+ adds and not struggle to survive (no casters that need interrupting, etc.). I leveled all the way as Blood and recommend that but do dailies as Frost. Much quicker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    Exactly. You may be able to pull a pack of 20 mobs and kill them, but in the time you have gotten them all grouped together I'll have downed 2 packs and am going for a third, killing that before you killed your first mob. Mob density is just not high enough in most cases, especially the ones you need for quests.
    For example, those goats. If you want multiple packs, you also pick up some mushans and hozen you dont need. Time wasted killing pointless mobs. If we're talking speed, frost outright wins.
    Well, the thread is also about leveling, and when leveling, no mob is "useless". Killing is always useful, especially if you're on rested XP. Yes, if you're simply killing the specific mobs required to do dailies, then of course a pure DPS is the best choice. Dailies don't require you to do big pulls.

If you want to stay alive while you're doing your dailies on an active PvP realm (or x-realm zone) though, running as blood will ensure nobody attacks you, and if they do, you can't die. If you want to stay alive while leveling in a similar PvP situation, running as blood will help you do that much better than frost or unholy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Que? Blanket statements are blanket. BrM holds # 1 and # 3 DPS spot on Heroic Feng just as a random check. I'm # 23 on Stone Guard w/ 97k (5 iLevel ago) which puts me in line with the # 9 DK. I'll be surprised if my DK impresses me over my BrM but still my second fave char so want to level her up.
    I don't get this. You ask a question about how blood dk's pulls out when leveling from 85-90 and one person says that they do much higher dps then the other tanks and you list a bunch of stuff about world rankings and dismiss his post o.O take something out of context lol

Have been leveling all the way as blood – can't say bad about it, it's not that slow as it may seem. Should say dps gear in blood spec works brilliant, even with massive aoe pulls if required by quests/dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well, the thread is also about leveling, and when leveling, no mob is "useless". Killing is always useful, especially if you're on rested XP. Yes, if you're simply killing the specific mobs required to do dailies, then of course a pure DPS is the best choice. Dailies don't require you to do big pulls.

If you want to stay alive while you're doing your dailies on an active PvP realm (or x-realm zone) though, running as blood will ensure nobody attacks you, and if they do, you can't die. If you want to stay alive while leveling in a similar PvP situation, running as blood will help you do that much better than frost or unholy.
    OP asked regarding leveling AND dailies. To be honest, the only reason I didn't level as Frost is sometimes 2 or 3 of those stupid Yaungol would pull at the same time. Frost had 0 chance of surviving 3 of those guys. They did too much damage and didn't die quickly enough. My gear for Frost isn't that impressive today, but can still kill mobs for dailies significantly faster than I can with Blood AoEing.

Frost for killing daily mobs, even in large packs. Pop remorseless while spamming HB, once you get the first target down then it's all about chaining Dark Succors. If below 90 Death Pact can still be used.

I've only started to die leveling in Townlong Steppes. But that's only because I was still wearing most of my 85 raid finder gear, including T13 2p and Gur'thalak. When I decided to let go and actually wear current quest greens my HP went from 210k to 265k and since had no problems with Frost questing

If on PvP realm, go Blood. No one will touch you, if only for the fact that win or lose it will take a long time for the first guy to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    I've found, that if you had great gear at level 85 with your DK, for a certain spec, then its probably better to start with that spec (if Blood or Frost), or go 2H Frost (if you had Unholy ofc).
    I only got 4/8 Normal DS before I quit so both my sets are pretty much bleh. So I'll be running up to that first town that sells the greens for gear =(

I'll give both a shot but sounds like the best method is to go Frost and transition in to Blood (for dungeons and AoE'ing dailys).
    Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    I don't get this. You ask a question about how blood dk's pulls out when leveling from 85-90 and one person says that they do much higher dps then the other tanks and you list a bunch of stuff about world rankings and dismiss his post o.O take something out of context lol
    Because his post had nothing to do with LEVELING a DK, just that they were the highest DPS tank which isn't always true. Just that Blood is the highest "tank spec", not DK spec.
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2012-11-14 at 05:37 PM.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

I tried leveling frost b/c it's my favorite spec, but since I jumped a couple zones when I hit townlong my gear was still 397 and I got wrecked. So I went blood and survived everything; blood is a solid way to level. At 90 I do dailies as frost now to speed it up. As long as I use my ghoul explode for 50% health, and glyph death strike, all is well.

10+ Year Old Account
    People talk about leveling, so I'm gonna talk about dailies. Blood and Frost handle dailies in completely separate and incompatible ways. Frost pulls 1-4 mobs and burns them quick. Blood pulls everything within 50 yards and puts on its trollface. If you have a buddy with an instant cast 40yard spell, you can have them play rope-a-dope with the mobs, tagging them then bringing them to pile of (soon to be) corpses. I have done every single cluster of dailies in one or two pulls. Golden Lotus at the wall? No problem! DnD a cluster to pull them, Dark Command a single, Death Grip another single, Outbreak a third, Dark Command another, go to town. August Celestials at Niuzao or Chi Ji? No problem! Roll into the biggest pile and wrecking ball them. Roll CDs like its a raid and all will be well. Cloud Serpents in the ookin' cave? No problem! Run straight to the boss and aggro the entire room. If still not done, aggro the first room on the way out.

Ifn's your dailies can have large groups of mobs, Blood equals, if not surpasses, Frost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    Ifn's your dailies can have large groups of mobs, Blood equals, if not surpasses, Frost.
    I do the same thing as my BrM right now and it's the fastest way I've found to do daily's, if Blood can generate similar vengeance/DPS than it would be the way to go. Plus you can kill the "elite" quest mobs easier since I typically do my daily's staggered so I'm the only one in the zone anyways.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went blood for levelling on the first day, together with a holy paladin who was herbing and sometimes healing. Went extremely fast. Even though we fucked around alot and didn't even look at the PTR we got top 20 of the first 90's. Any 'kill X mobs' quest was a joke.

I do my dailies as frost. Mostly because I like the quick kill. My problem with blood is that while it's impossible to die in pve situations and pull a bunch of mobs, your setting yourself up for an easy gank while your distracted. So i like to come down, kill a couple of mobs, mount, look for any horde trying to be sneaky, goto another area kill more mobs.
    The more of my behavior you accept, the less you will have to forgive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprised this was such a lively topic so far into the expansion, figured I'd have gotten directed to a dozen other existing threads.

Getting sent out of town but plan to start as Frost and migrate to Blood. Will give some feedback after Thanksgiving.
    [/URL]