Thread: MMO-C Scrapbot

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

MMO-C Scrapbot

So I got a message today from scrapbot saying i have gained an infraction for my signiture size. At the time I put my signiture in, it was ok and met the requirements, was there a recent change to signiture size or something hat was not made known?

Deleted
    i was using a sig for nearly a year before i got infracted for it being oversize. its a bit silly to infract for it, why not just message you saying the sig is too big and remove it.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just because you were able to successfully put your signature in doesn't mean it fits the size requirements. Did you make sure with a program like MS Paint/etc that it fit the requirements? If so, I'd PM a mod, making threads about things like this isn't okay. ;-/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Just because you were able to successfully put your signature in doesn't mean it fits the size requirements. Did you make sure with a program like MS Paint/etc that it fit the requirements? If so, I'd PM a mod, making threads about things like this isn't okay. ;-/
    This. ^

Also, it's stated in the Forum Rules the size and all that of about what you can use and can't use.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?...orumrules_sigs

This is also relevant. v

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1173362

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i was using a sig for nearly a year before i got infracted for it being oversize. its a bit silly to infract for it, why not just message you saying the sig is too big and remove it.
    Exact same thing happened to me

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzow View Post
    Exact same thing happened to me
    I think it really comes down to if a mod sees it, if they don't, you're lucky, but it's best to always be sure it meets size requirements. If you aren't sure, ask a mod, I've always found mods very happy to help make sure so you don't get an infract. Much to some folks' shock, the mmo-champ mods are not banhappy. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I think it really comes down to if a mod sees it, if they don't, you're lucky, but it's best to always be sure it meets size requirements. If you aren't sure, ask a mod, I've always found mods very happy to help make sure so you don't get an infract. Much to some folks' shock, the mmo-champ mods are not banhappy. :P
    Yes, banning people isn't very comfortable or a thing we mods/admins enjoy doing...

And like Deltrus said, always check if your signature and/or avatar meets the requirements for this site, infracting someone because they don't have avatars/sigs that don't meet the requirements is a sad thing, especially when it's so easy to edit them and make them at the right size and file size.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Can moderators get infractions themselves?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Can moderators get infractions themselves?
    Yes, the rules apply to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    So I got a message today from scrapbot saying i have gained an infraction for my signiture size. At the time I put my signiture in, it was ok and met the requirements, was there a recent change to signiture size or something hat was not made known?
    scrapbot isn't automated, it's what the mods hide behind when they dont' want to put their name to "punishment"

you need to talk to mods

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 12:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    Because infractions are the warnings. As long as you abide the rules they don't affect you in any way.
    that's a lie. you can be infracted for nothing. mods here do not like to be shown up, especially when they're completely wrong. most of them are around 20 and haven't developed that sense of knowing when to shut up. so they infract for trolling

i'd bet 75% of all infractions are for trolling. it literally encompasses everything here.
    Last edited by fizzbob; 2012-11-13 at 06:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    that's a lie. you can be infracted for nothing. mods here do not like to be shown up, especially when they're completely wrong. most of them are around 20 and haven't developed that sense of knowing when to shut up. so they infract for trolling

i'd bet 75% of all infractions are for trolling. it literally encompasses everything here.
    Mods don't infract because they are wrong. Mods don't infract because they feel like doing it. Etc etc etc.

If you think you got infracted and it wasn't just, PM any mod or an admin about it to make an appeal. Then everyone will look at it and everyone will see if we should lift it or not.

Also, if you have problems with moderation, just PM Sunshine or Boubuille.

Deleted
    While we're at the topic of Scrapbot, who are his two friends? Can I add him to friends too? If I send him Christmas cards, will he not send me infractions in return?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    While we're at the topic of Scrapbot, who are his two friends? Can I add him to friends too? If I send him Christmas cards, will he not send me infractions in return?
    Hehe, I guess you can always try and he's a bot, so I don't know if he's going to accept it or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    scrapbot isn't automated, it's what the mods hide behind when they dont' want to put their name to "punishment"

you need to talk to mods

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 12:32 PM ----------

Even if a mod is completely wrong, they are a mod, and you are not. I seem to remember reading this little gem in the rules.

Actions taken against a member of the community are not to be discussed in public on the forums. Opinions about specific moderators or moderator actions (locking, deleting threads, etc) are also not to be discussed in posts or threads.

If you have questions, remarks, suggestions or complaints about moderating in general or specific moderators, please contact our website admin through a private message.

Bans can now be appealed. More information on how to do that is provided in the private message you'll receive when banned.
    Which makes me wonder why your taking shots at the mods?...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Mods don't infract because they are wrong. Mods don't infract because they feel like doing it. Etc etc etc.
    They infract out of spite, trust me its happened to me many times. Check my infractions and you will laugh your booty off. Trolling = a mod not agreeing with your opinion. Its a bs rule that seems to be very elastic and selectively enforced. People tell me to suck their balls, thats fine, I make a political comment in a political thread and im trolling...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    They infract out of spite, trust me its happened to me many times. Check my infractions and you will laugh your booty off. Trolling = a mod not agreeing with your opinion. Its a bs rule that seems to be very elastic and selectively enforced. People tell me to suck their balls, thats fine, I make a political comment in a political thread and im trolling...
    I'm not going to discuss this here out in the open, it's not fair for you and who ever infracted you.

Like I have said before, PM any mod or an admin to appeal for infractions that you consider injust and want to be reversed.

I'm going to close this now because there's really nothing else to discuss and this could turn into a thread discussing mod actions and that's forbidden, I hope you can understand.