Deleted

some questions about software I got installed

So I was doing some monthly computer maintenance, mostly deleting somewhat older games i no longer play and software that hitched a ride on those games, using Revo. one of the game I deleted was a steam game i no longer played. i've made a mistake though, and accidentally selected every file and registry it found, thinking Steam would still work. so I exited steam, removed the files and registry settings, and then started steam again. it seemed to work, had to log in again and stuff like that, and while I did lose my installed games, it doesn't look that bad, and i can reinstall them. could this have unforeseen consequences though?

my other questions is more about specific software:

1) I got a program from AMD called "dual core optimizer" that was installed on the same day as Batman: Arkham City. I got an intel CPU. is it safe to uninstall this?
    2) I tried to uinstall Torque, and it gave an error, something about invalid uninstall command.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Did you do a backup before you messed with everything like you should have? Or did you just start erasing a bunch of stuff? Steam should have a repair tool in it. I have no idea what all you deleted so I can't say much other than you should always make a back up before messing with deleting things.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    So I was doing some monthly computer maintenance, mostly deleting somewhat older games i no longer play and software that hitched a ride on those games, using Revo. one of the game I deleted was a steam game i no longer played. i've made a mistake though, and accidentally selected every file and registry it found, thinking Steam would still work. so I exited steam, removed the files and registry settings, and then started steam again. it seemed to work, had to log in again and stuff like that, and while I did lose my installed games, it doesn't look that bad, and i can reinstall them. could this have unforeseen consequences though?

my other questions is more about specific software:

1) I got a program from AMD called "dual core optimizer" that was installed on the same day as Batman: Arkham City. I got an intel CPU. is it safe to uninstall this?
    2) I tried to uinstall Torque, and it gave an error, something about invalid uninstall command.
    I have the same "dual core optimizer" and I also installed Batman: AC, and I have intel CPU... :/.. I better not remove it, you never know if shit fucks up lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I have the same "dual core optimizer" and I also installed Batman: AC, and I have intel CPU... :/.. I better not remove it, you never know if shit fucks up lol
    my thoughts as well, but i'd rather not have my computer polluted by software that's no longer needed.