human psychology

This topic is irrelated with this section but some posts from this topic on official forum made me lol

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=554469

One of them says

I've pretty much re-subbed for the points.

I enjoyed leveling up my first character, a bounty hunter. I liked the story aspect of the game aswell as finding good looking moddable gear for him and his companions to wear far more than anything else in the game.
    Remember people were complaining about bad looking gears and everybody's having lightsabers now he realized a different taste

If you sell a game and require montly subscription fee to play everybody says "no!" If you say to people they can play free they give you money!

There is no animal on the world as wierd as human
    Last edited by masta; 2012-11-13 at 09:40 PM.
    I Dont Read the signature rules

Most people were complaining about end game gear looking like some weird techno samurai crap or bog creature or age of conan tempest of set gear.

When moddables became end game they stopped complaining for the most part.

Also, as to the f2p thing, people like having control, they like having choice over how they spend their money. It only makes sense that offering more payment flexibility would give you access to more customers.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-11-13 at 10:04 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    The complaints were that the endgame gear looked like crap for one and the 3 tiered sets all looked the same. Once we were able to pull mods out everyone was happy in this respect.

Also dont be too sure that their f2p model is going to be anything nearly as successful as say LotRO. The game is lacking, no matter how small the price tag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Philefluxx, how come nearly ALL of your posts (regardless of forum) is complaining about *something*.

I have yet to see a satisfied post from you in any game topic.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    The complaints were that the endgame gear looked like crap for one and the 3 tiered sets all looked the same. Once we were able to pull mods out everyone was happy in this respect.

Also dont be too sure that their f2p model is going to be anything nearly as successful as say LotRO. The game is lacking, no matter how small the price tag.
    The game isn't lacking as much as lotro was when it went f2p. If swtor adjusts its model to be as competitive as lotro it will do far better than lotro

Quote Originally Posted by masta View Post
    This topic is irrelated with this section but some posts from this topic on official forum made me lol

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=554469

One of them says

Remember people were complaining about bad looking gears and everybody's having lightsabers now he realized a different taste

If you sell a game and require montly subscription fee to play everybody says "no!" If you say to people they can play free they give you money!

There is no animal on the world as wierd as human
    Free to play is everything but free.

If you like the game just subscribe...it's 50 cents a day for Christ's sake

Quote Originally Posted by Steelyorc View Post
    If you like the game just subscribe...it's 50 cents a day for Christ's sake
    So what? Every other type of game is a one time purchase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    So what? Every other type of game is a one time purchase.
    Which "every type of game"? If you're talking about Call of Duty and Halo - those are not MMOs. Most MMOs to date require a subscription fee. Some offer some sort of F2P options which inherently cost more than a subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Which "every type of game"? If you're talking about Call of Duty and Halo - those are not MMOs. Most MMOs to date require a subscription fee. Some offer some sort of F2P options which inherently cost more than a subscription.
    While also offering ways to unlock them for free.
    Also, it only costs more when you try and buy everything that you would have if you had subscribed. People who know what they want can usually find a way to either save money or not spend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Philefluxx, how come nearly ALL of your posts (regardless of forum) is complaining about *something*.

I have yet to see a satisfied post from you in any game topic.
    Then read a little harder.... Maybe your just drawn to negativity