Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Thats bullshit and you know it, there were still brawling deathmatches in STV and I raided stormwind walls almost all day, I done it more than actual raiding or PvP. Battlegrounds changed it dramatically but it was not ruined completely.
    I actually remember tons of world PvP while queuing for WSG when you had to run to the instance portal because they were really close.....!!

    Edit: The WSG instance portals were close for both factions. Just to clarify. :P

  2. #62
    The Patient Seadog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    324
    If i could vote i would vote for the removal of flying mounts .

    Long live Garona Halforcen ! Cheers to Odexy for the Sig !

    Waiting for Wildstar ! Preorder or Early Access ... just take my money !

  3. #63
    Mechagnome nachoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colorado!
    Posts
    557
    When flying first came out i was so excited i grinded gold for a long time just to get epic flying on my dr00d back in the day
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post

    Flying mounts hurt WPVP because you don't see players as often as you would if everyone was on the same level. It has nothing to do with 'wanting to do it', and that's honestly a laughable thought.
    I really believe this is factually false. In tBC there were more players than ever, a smaller world, and shit loads of engagements. Resilience is really what ended WPVP because the majority of players (PVE) can't beat even an amateur player who grinded a lot of resilience.

  5. #65
    A lot of people associate flying mounts to people whining about world pvp, while the OP did list that as an example, there are other problems people have with flying mounts. I dislike flying because it just killed the world for me. Yes yes, I know if I don't like flying then I shouldnt fly, and I dont. But there are a lot of people who simply dont realize that flying is what actually ruined the immersion for many, and led people to not appreciate the world or interact with it as much as we used to.

    I do agree that world pvp was alive and well in TBC, but that was because of the objectives in the zones which made it something more than just descending from the sky to fight, then instantly fly back up and sit there.

  6. #66
    Herald of the Titans Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,725
    Quote Originally Posted by nachoo View Post
    When flying first came out i was so excited i grinded gold for a long time just to get epic flying on my dr00d back in the day
    I got my Swift Flight form the day i dinged 70 when i started, i spent so long levelling up, and became obsessed with having loads of gold i used to sell everything and have two gathering proffs, i loved the item we got so we could farm Ravenlord too,i used to get a nice amount of gold for people wanting to group with me
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by benbos View Post
    seamless back ground loading and flying made azeroth unique in mmo land. Not one other mmo came even close.
    ghostlands want to have a word with you...

  8. #68
    Herald of the Titans Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Flying mounts hurt WPVP because you don't see players as often as you would if everyone was on the same level. It has nothing to do with 'wanting to do it', and that's honestly a laughable thought.
    Why do you believe this? It's true, if people wanted it, they would get it, On my realm we have tons of World PvP, battles all the time, Hallaa is still active and we have alot of city raids,
    Why? Because we wanted it, so we decided to organise it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  9. #69
    I am Murloc! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    5,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    No, your WPvP experience "died" because you didn't want to do it, i wish people would stop with this rubbish about how Blizz killed WpvP with flyers, It didn't ruin anything, WPvP for those who want it, is still there

    How many times have you actually tried to organise some WPvP? I bet that honestly it's zero, Stop expecting everything to be given to you and go out there and actually organise it yourself and you will see that with a little effort, you can find these things, easily
    Who the fuck shat in your cheerios...

    I organised WPvP with my friends all the time, little raid groups to go to SW walls and such, ever since Azeroth flying its become pointless, people just fly in ontop of you and kill you instantly if you dont have the latest and greatest pvp gear.

    Im actually amazed at your sheer amount of arrogance, its fucking astounding, you instantly assumed ive never done WPvP and then go on to tell me that WPvP is something im expecting to be given (wtf does that mean). I dont even know where to begin with that.

    I can say with honesty that ive done more WPvP in Elwynn and the surrounding areas than you probably have, it took up most of my playtime because it was so much fun when the allies tried to climb up places and we beat them down. Flying ruins that, people just kamikaze ontop of you.

  10. #70
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by clbembry View Post
    On a serious note: Why were they ever introduced into the game? I don't see any benefits besides making WoW the worst game of all time.
    Worst game of all time with 10M players? Riiiiight. Please tell me how many video games you designed. XDD

    BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    here we go again.
    Flying mounts did not kill world PVP. sure it was a nail in the coffin, but ultimatly The community lacking interest in World PVP killed world PVP.

    Why is it that every time this question crops up, that the only thing people are concerned about is world PVP.
    if People wanted to world PVP they would get off their flying mount and do it.

    oh and before you say about people flying away from you
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=86584#
    Knock them off their mount.
    Yeah, just get off your flying mount and walk around on the ground waiting for other people to be just walking around. Good plan.

    I love your solution, though! I mean, one item that might drop from one rare spawn with a 15 minute CD and 40 yard range that can't be used while moving solves everything!

    (That's sarcasm, because it doesn't mean a fucking thing.)

    Quote Originally Posted by yyil View Post
    I really believe this is factually false. In tBC there were more players than ever, a smaller world, and shit loads of engagements. Resilience is really what ended WPVP because the majority of players (PVE) can't beat even an amateur player who grinded a lot of resilience.
    A smaller world means nothing if you have hundreds of feet of air. Besides, starting gear for PVP has been pretty easy to get for a while now (since late BC, depending on what you consider 'easy').

    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Why do you believe this? It's true, if people wanted it, they would get it, On my realm we have tons of World PvP, battles all the time, Hallaa is still active and we have alot of city raids,
    Why? Because we wanted it, so we decided to organise it.
    My realm is renowned for WPVP. That's not the point.

    I believe it because it is true. I'm not saying Flying Mounts should be removed, but to say they didn't hurt WPVP is just folly. How could they not?

    Fuck, you admitted it in your own post! You shouldn't have to 'organize' world PVP.

  12. #72
    If everyone got the game the way they wanted it then there would be 10+ million versions of the game. Blizzard is giving us the version of the game that they want to and it's only up to us whether or not we like it enough to pay for it monthly. Personally, I would never give up my flying mount. I'm already too limited on time to play... the last thing I need is to spend a ton of my time galloping around zones just so someone can have the personal satisfaction of the world "seeming" larger or a precious world PvP encounter when you already have the luxury of no flying in every Battleground and Arena already. If they removed flying the next thing you'd want removed is the ability for classes to stealth because they can sneak up on you and that's not fair!

  13. #73
    RESILIENCE had a much bigger impact on world pvp. Sincerely. RESILIENCE RUINED PVP FOR PVE'ers.

    It did fix pvp for pvp'ers thou.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by yyil View Post
    RESILIENCE had a much bigger impact on world pvp. Sincerely. RESILIENCE RUINED PVP FOR PVE'ers.

    It did fix pvp for pvp'ers thou.
    no
    no?
    how about no?

    Stop repeating yourself now.

  15. #75
    everyone wanted it. flying is the ultimate freedom. i remember the first time i got my hands on a 280% speed mount back in bc (when the regular flying mount was 60% speed). it was amazing. the thrill i got darting all over the place with my super fast griffon was like no other. complete freedom of movement. now they're so commonplace but then at a time where you didn't get your first ground mount till 40 and your epic ground mount till 60, flying was amazing.

  16. #76
    They were put into the game because the devs all sat around a table one fateful day, with a whiteboard at the ready, and one of them spoke. "What would make the first expansion of the game super-ultra-bitchin'?" After much general commotion, another spoke. "Flying around on a dragon." To which the first replied, "that's good stuff." And he wrote "flying mounts" on the whiteboard. Thus it was written, and thus it was.

  17. #77
    Maybe I am remembering it wrong, I used to pvp a lot. I don't remember flying changing any incentive of mine to find people to kill. Did you play vanilla?

  18. #78
    Herald of the Titans Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Who the fuck shat in your cheerios...

    I organised WPvP with my friends all the time, little raid groups to go to SW walls and such, ever since Azeroth flying its become pointless, people just fly in ontop of you and kill you instantly if you dont have the latest and greatest pvp gear.

    Im actually amazed at your sheer amount of arrogance, its fucking astounding, you instantly assumed ive never done WPvP and then go on to tell me that WPvP is something im expecting to be given (wtf does that mean). I dont even know where to begin with that.

    I can say with honesty that ive done more WPvP in Elwynn and the surrounding areas than you probably have, it took up most of my playtime because it was so much fun when the allies tried to climb up places and we beat them down. Flying ruins that, people just kamikaze ontop of you.
    Lol, i think you're the one who's discovered "shit in your cheerios"
    I Would prefer it if you actually read my post, rather than just blindly targetting it with this rage issue you have
    So, if you take a couple breaths, and check again, you will see i never once even hinted at the fact i "didn't think you've done WPvP" I said i bet you haven't tried to organise it, Because if you actually wanted it you would organise it and then there would be no need for your thread, because it would happen

    So all that anger of yours directed at me for something you made up...Wonderful
    I have done an insane amount of world PvP in Elwynn also, I remember lots of great battles, when you would eventually have a GM appear in the area and tell you to stop climbing on the Lions Pride Inn people would see the Blizz icon in /say and all run into line xD
    So, i've also spent tons of time in Elwynn, But i'm not going to blindly assume i've done more than you

    And being given WPvP is very simple, not sure how you couldn't know what it means o.O People always come on forums, bitching and QQing at blizz to fix WPvP, when it's only the players can organise it, Yet they want blizzard to give them the magic fix so they can idle about while it happens for them

    You also complain about how now people can fly over you and kill you? Lol, How is that bad? That's WPvP! and no, gear doesn't play that much of a factor, Sure, it helps a ton,But you can beat people easy enough
    Only engaging in WPvP where you know will win sounds more like you just wanna be able to gank people, True WPvP is also about the corpseruns, the trying to co-ordinate you and your groups ressing, so you have the best chance to wipe out the other faction and reclaim the area you're fighting for=)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  19. #79
    Because the world is not flat, despite the claims of people who dont understand time zones each release.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

    -Kujako-

  20. #80
    People put WAAAAAAY too much stock into the effect of flying mounts on world PvP.

    It's like they forget that flight points existed since the begining of the game. If you were in SW and needed to go to Plaguelands, it's not like you hopped on your trusty charger and started hoofing it.

    World PvP happened because there were people who truly liked world PvP that congregated in zones where that kind of stuff happened (Tauren Mill anyone?). If people really wanted world PvP today, there would be world PvP today - regardless of the kinds of mounts that exist. The truth is no one really wants it anymore.

    The only thing Blizzard has done that you can legitimately say effected world PvP is the changes they've made to the honor system. There is less incentive today to world PvP. The decline in opportunity, however, is due entirely to player desire.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •