Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Flying mounts hurt WPVP because you don't see players as often as you would if everyone was on the same level. It has nothing to do with 'wanting to do it', and that's honestly a laughable thought.
    Why do you believe this? It's true, if people wanted it, they would get it, On my realm we have tons of World PvP, battles all the time, Hallaa is still active and we have alot of city raids,
    Why? Because we wanted it, so we decided to organise it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clbembry View Post
    On a serious note: Why were they ever introduced into the game? I don't see any benefits besides making WoW the worst game of all time.
    Worst game of all time with 10M players? Riiiiight. Please tell me how many video games you designed. XDD
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    here we go again.
    Flying mounts did not kill world PVP. sure it was a nail in the coffin, but ultimatly The community lacking interest in World PVP killed world PVP.

Why is it that every time this question crops up, that the only thing people are concerned about is world PVP.
    if People wanted to world PVP they would get off their flying mount and do it.

oh and before you say about people flying away from you
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=86584#
    Knock them off their mount.
    Yeah, just get off your flying mount and walk around on the ground waiting for other people to be just walking around. Good plan.

I love your solution, though! I mean, one item that might drop from one rare spawn with a 15 minute CD and 40 yard range that can't be used while moving solves everything!

(That's sarcasm, because it doesn't mean a fucking thing.)

Quote Originally Posted by yyil View Post
    I really believe this is factually false. In tBC there were more players than ever, a smaller world, and shit loads of engagements. Resilience is really what ended WPVP because the majority of players (PVE) can't beat even an amateur player who grinded a lot of resilience.
    A smaller world means nothing if you have hundreds of feet of air. Besides, starting gear for PVP has been pretty easy to get for a while now (since late BC, depending on what you consider 'easy').

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Why do you believe this? It's true, if people wanted it, they would get it, On my realm we have tons of World PvP, battles all the time, Hallaa is still active and we have alot of city raids,
    Why? Because we wanted it, so we decided to organise it.
    My realm is renowned for WPVP. That's not the point.

I believe it because it is true. I'm not saying Flying Mounts should be removed, but to say they didn't hurt WPVP is just folly. How could they not?

Fuck, you admitted it in your own post! You shouldn't have to 'organize' world PVP.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

If everyone got the game the way they wanted it then there would be 10+ million versions of the game. Blizzard is giving us the version of the game that they want to and it's only up to us whether or not we like it enough to pay for it monthly. Personally, I would never give up my flying mount. I'm already too limited on time to play... the last thing I need is to spend a ton of my time galloping around zones just so someone can have the personal satisfaction of the world "seeming" larger or a precious world PvP encounter when you already have the luxury of no flying in every Battleground and Arena already. If they removed flying the next thing you'd want removed is the ability for classes to stealth because they can sneak up on you and that's not fair!

RESILIENCE had a much bigger impact on world pvp. Sincerely. RESILIENCE RUINED PVP FOR PVE'ers.

It did fix pvp for pvp'ers thou.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yyil View Post
    RESILIENCE had a much bigger impact on world pvp. Sincerely. RESILIENCE RUINED PVP FOR PVE'ers.

It did fix pvp for pvp'ers thou.
    no
    no?
    how about no?

Stop repeating yourself now.

everyone wanted it. flying is the ultimate freedom. i remember the first time i got my hands on a 280% speed mount back in bc (when the regular flying mount was 60% speed). it was amazing. the thrill i got darting all over the place with my super fast griffon was like no other. complete freedom of movement. now they're so commonplace but then at a time where you didn't get your first ground mount till 40 and your epic ground mount till 60, flying was amazing.

They were put into the game because the devs all sat around a table one fateful day, with a whiteboard at the ready, and one of them spoke. "What would make the first expansion of the game super-ultra-bitchin'?" After much general commotion, another spoke. "Flying around on a dragon." To which the first replied, "that's good stuff." And he wrote "flying mounts" on the whiteboard. Thus it was written, and thus it was.

Maybe I am remembering it wrong, I used to pvp a lot. I don't remember flying changing any incentive of mine to find people to kill. Did you play vanilla?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Who the fuck shat in your cheerios...

I organised WPvP with my friends all the time, little raid groups to go to SW walls and such, ever since Azeroth flying its become pointless, people just fly in ontop of you and kill you instantly if you dont have the latest and greatest pvp gear.

Im actually amazed at your sheer amount of arrogance, its fucking astounding, you instantly assumed ive never done WPvP and then go on to tell me that WPvP is something im expecting to be given (wtf does that mean). I dont even know where to begin with that.

I can say with honesty that ive done more WPvP in Elwynn and the surrounding areas than you probably have, it took up most of my playtime because it was so much fun when the allies tried to climb up places and we beat them down. Flying ruins that, people just kamikaze ontop of you.
    Lol, i think you're the one who's discovered "shit in your cheerios"
    I Would prefer it if you actually read my post, rather than just blindly targetting it with this rage issue you have
    So, if you take a couple breaths, and check again, you will see i never once even hinted at the fact i "didn't think you've done WPvP" I said i bet you haven't tried to organise it, Because if you actually wanted it you would organise it and then there would be no need for your thread, because it would happen

So all that anger of yours directed at me for something you made up...Wonderful
    I have done an insane amount of world PvP in Elwynn also, I remember lots of great battles, when you would eventually have a GM appear in the area and tell you to stop climbing on the Lions Pride Inn people would see the Blizz icon in /say and all run into line xD
    So, i've also spent tons of time in Elwynn, But i'm not going to blindly assume i've done more than you

And being given WPvP is very simple, not sure how you couldn't know what it means o.O People always come on forums, bitching and QQing at blizz to fix WPvP, when it's only the players can organise it, Yet they want blizzard to give them the magic fix so they can idle about while it happens for them

You also complain about how now people can fly over you and kill you? Lol, How is that bad? That's WPvP! and no, gear doesn't play that much of a factor, Sure, it helps a ton,But you can beat people easy enough
    Only engaging in WPvP where you know will win sounds more like you just wanna be able to gank people, True WPvP is also about the corpseruns, the trying to co-ordinate you and your groups ressing, so you have the best chance to wipe out the other faction and reclaim the area you're fighting for=)

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the world is not flat, despite the claims of people who dont understand time zones each release.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

People put WAAAAAAY too much stock into the effect of flying mounts on world PvP.

It's like they forget that flight points existed since the begining of the game. If you were in SW and needed to go to Plaguelands, it's not like you hopped on your trusty charger and started hoofing it.

World PvP happened because there were people who truly liked world PvP that congregated in zones where that kind of stuff happened (Tauren Mill anyone?). If people really wanted world PvP today, there would be world PvP today - regardless of the kinds of mounts that exist. The truth is no one really wants it anymore.

The only thing Blizzard has done that you can legitimately say effected world PvP is the changes they've made to the honor system. There is less incentive today to world PvP. The decline in opportunity, however, is due entirely to player desire.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like flying. A lot of people do, that's why they implemented it.
    Besides the thought of riding a dragon was pretty epic back in TBC.

Don't give a rats ass about world PvP. All I ever saw was stupid ganking anyway so nothing of value was lost.

Deleted
    cuz i prefer an OPEN world instead of instanced zones with 50 fast travel points in 1 zone(also not a single mount in that game)not naming the game but i think you all know wich 1 im talking about(lets talk again about breakin immersion)besides they praise the wvwvw pvp so much but honestly it is just an upgraded BG with 3 teams and alot more ppl

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree completely with lisavan.

Load-screen hopping <<<< a world i can fly in.

Both of the MMOs I played before WoW had flying/flying mounts. And they were the best liked features of those games. I was really happy when WoW added flying mounts and every time I try a game without flying mounts I miss them. So, in short, flying mounts rock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I agree completely with lisavan.

Load-screen hopping <<<< a world i can fly in.
    That argument is stupid.

So if you don't have flying mounts, you can't have a non-instanced big world? EH?

Loading-free-no-flying >>> Either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Lets recap, I post saying my WPvP experience is ruined because people can fly wherever they please. You respond with a toxic post making wild assumptions, and then reply back with a post pretending your happy.

Cut your rubbish, I can see right through you and your smiley faces and frankly its pathetic, dont mistake my colourful vocabulary as rage, I could give 2 shits less about you or your opinion when all that matters is the fact that MY personal WPvP experience was ruined thanks to the ability to freely bugger off wherever you want. It actually reminds me of playing in a private server.

Im assuming you've played earlier than cata, so your aware of the world before flying. I dont understand how you can find it more enjoyable to watch rogues stealth fly away, or warriors land ontop of you. When instead you used to see people on the horizon charging towards you, whilst you either bailed or jumped desperately ontop of the roofs ect.

Flying has permanently changed the dynamic and flow of the game, whether or not you like this is upto you, but I for one despise it. Hence why wow doesnt feel like the wow I used to play.
    Lol I'm not pretending i'm happy, i am happy I see no reason in being anything other than that, we're just discussing things on a forum ^_^
    I Honestly don't think WPvP is worse now, i play a Feral Druid so maybe i'm biased as i find it an amazing class for WPvP
    Rogues have always been able to stealth and run away, it makes no difference if it's stealthed on foot or flying And i don't care about warriors landing on me because i love all WPvP

I can understand why some people feel it has ruined it for them, i never disputed that, Only that WPvP is always available if you actually make it happen

Quote Originally Posted by lisavan View Post
    cuz i prefer an OPEN world instead of instanced zones with 50 fast travel points in 1 zone(also not a single mount in that game)not naming the game but i think you all know wich 1 im talking about(lets talk again about breakin immersion)besides they praise the wvwvw pvp so much but honestly it is just an upgraded BG with 3 teams and alot more ppl
    ...what the fuck does this have to do with Guild Wars 2? Nothing? Okay.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

10+ Year Old Account
    That argument is stupid.

So if you don't have flying mounts, you can't have a non-instanced big world? EH?

Loading-free-no-flying >>> Either.
    Ofc a world designed for ground mounts w/o loading screens is fine too, but that isn't the topic of this thread.
    Damn I sometimes forget that I'm on the internet where you have to spell every little detail so someone like you doesn't yell: "lulz he made a mistake, he's stupid!" <_<