Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Oh god imagine doing Mists of Pandailya dailies without a flying mount. Just the thought makes me cringe, as if doing them with dailies isn't depressing enough. :P

Also, people want to fly/like flying. They hardly ruined world PvP though, on many pvp realms people do dailies among dozens of opposite-faction players yet no one attacks anyone else.
    When in a hole, keep digging!

So because you don't like them nobody else should use it?

If you don't like them you can still use your ground mount.

I just hate when people want to tell me how I should play the game.

Wow is still a great game, but i agree i think the game loses its epicness and sense of size by the implementation of flying mounts. Either way im still playing it nonstop now .

I agree. I hate flying mounts, they should have just kept them in Outland, they now pollute the skies of every city, ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Killington View Post
    I agree. I hate flying mounts, they should have just kept them in Outland, they now pollute the skies of every city, ugh.
    Yeah! It was so much better when the same 70 people were smashed into the same area on the ground with running mounts! Oh wait, no thats right, it wasn't any better.

Where were you even going with this?
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

Quote Originally Posted by clbembry View Post
    They brought the game from being insanely awesome and extremely fun to just super awesome and fun. That pretty much single-handedly almost partially ruined World PvP. It's still there and it's still fun but it's not there as much and it's not as fun.

On a serious note: Why were they ever introduced into the game? I don't see any benefits besides making WoW the worst game of all time.
    BGs with rewards killed world PvP, not flying mounts. Flying mounts were widely requested during classic, so they decided to make them available.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Flying - Best thing to happen to WOW since Dual spec.
    Except flying was before dual spec. :x

I would like someone to explain to me how Flying didn't hurt WPVP. Not just say it, explain it. Don't say 'well, this hurt it, too'. Don't talk about how much good it has done for everything else. Just explain how it hasn't hurt WPVP.

I'll be waiting.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

People got annoyed by Dazed. I got annoyed by Dazed. Flying Mounts prevent that. I like Flying Mounts.
    Ex-Rogue; Ex-Paladin
    Mastery will fix it.

I don't understand how all of you older players have forgotten how resilience has effected the game. If you think for a moment they came out at the same time and resilience had a much much large impact on world pvp than fucking flying mounts.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 11:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    I would like someone to explain to me how Flying didn't hurt WPVP. Not just say it, explain it. Don't say 'well, this hurt it, too'. Don't talk about how much good it has done for everything else. Just explain how it hasn't hurt WPVP.

I'll be waiting.
    What kind of world pvp were you doing? It was random bullshit and getting raped by PVEers. It was a lot of fun but what did the mounts have to do with it?? You still pvp the same amount while questing. In vanilla I wouldn't grind quests because it was hard. I would look for people to kill and grief. You can do that today and kill even more people because you can fly. Resilience is what turned world pvp around. You've forgotten how broken PVE epics were back then. Unstoppable Force was enough to kill almost any player; unless they had it too lol.

Almost everyone doing quests in vanilla was new to the game. They were easy kills.

Quote Originally Posted by yyil View Post
    What kind of world pvp were you doing? It was random bullshit and getting raped by PVEers. It was a lot of fun but what did the mounts have to do with it?? You still pvp the same amount while questing. In vanilla I wouldn't grind quests because it was hard. I would look for people to kill and grief. You can do that today and kill even more people because you can fly. Resilience is what turned world pvp around. You've forgotten how broken PVE epics were back then. Unstoppable Force was enough to kill almost any player; unless they had it too lol.

Almost everyone doing quests in vanilla was new to the game. They were easy kills.
    I will explain this in as much detail as possible since so many people seem to not understand me.

When everyone is on the ground, you see people more often because you're on the same level and moving relatively slowly.

When everyone is in the air, you see people only in passing as you zip around at 410% speed at any space within hundreds of feet. When you do see someone, you cannot attack them because you are both in the air.

They put them in so we can gank people like you, so you can come here and post about how it makes the game so horrible for you.

Just a guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNL...ature=youtu.be (#1 SSB Gold run on Bleeding Hollow)
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

I actually loved being on my normal mount again while leveling in Pandaria. Feels so much better somehow. Not just dropping in for the questitem and really caring about not running into too many mobs for the daze dismount. That and autoflying while being 2000 yards up in the air is a bit boring.

i wonder how many of the people who "hate" flying mounts actually went and immediately purchased "Wisdom of the Four Winds" at L90 hmmm, cause if they dont like flying surely they dont need that.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    I think it's meant to be "flying mounts stopped me killing lowbies, wah wah wah"
    You are an idiot lol.
    They make it even easier to kill low lvl chars, because they can't fly...and the ganker just flys away the moment there are other lvl90 and he could actually die.
    That destroyed world PvP! Now it's just killing people while leveling, because everyone else is flying away like a pussy...

Flying and that stupid queue for everything shit destroyed the mmo aspect of the game and got rid of all the immersion.

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-14 at 02:28 PM.
    CPU:i5-3570k@0,930V MB:ASUS P8Z77-V GPU:GTX 680 Lightning RAM:8GB DDR3 1600

Quote Originally Posted by strongyp View Post
    i wonder how many of the people who "hate" flying mounts actually went and immediately purchased "Wisdom of the Four Winds" at L90 hmmm, cause if they dont like flying surely they dont need that.
    I wonder how many people use this tired argument every day, hmmm.

"lol bro if u dont like it just move at 210% less speed than everyone else lol"

Quote Originally Posted by Shedi View Post
    Because everyone wanted it.
    I'm one of the people who loved it, honestly I regret how much did it damage world pvp, but I won't lie and say "I didn't want it"
    Yes I wanted it, and don't think I can play wow without it anymore
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall

World PVP was really fun in Vanilla, when the world itself was still mysterious and unknown. After the whole of it had been explored to the last nook, the excitement to do random stuff, like forming warbands, withered. Devs thought to add an additional layer to exploration through verticality = enter places only reachable with flying. Also, I remember people talking about how annoying it was that flight paths often took the scenic route rather than straight line, and that's when the demand for player-controlled flying was born.

It wasn't so much the game changing, but its populace and their needs. World PVP took a serious backseat and eventually faded into irrelevancy.

Because half the game was devoted to traveling before.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    It wasn't so much the game changing, but its populace and their needs. World PVP took a serious backseat and eventually faded into irrelevancy.
    As has been said so many times: This happened when battlegrounds were introduced, long before flying was added.