Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    Curious why there is emphesis on the 40man part of the title. You know his animation stayed the same in the later versions?
    Probally trying to look cool knowing full well about 99% of the WoW players never set foot in naxx40 when current let along reach sapph.
    Makes me think he never saw it till at least lvl70 aswell.

Shek'zeer is pretty epic in terms of boss fights and "WoW" factor. Same as seeing the Amber Monstrosity come out during phase 2 of the fight immediately before that.

I haven't done it yet, but I know the Sha of Fear fight will be exactly the same.

As a lore nerd, the build up to finally killing it has me excited as shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    GAWD--1st pull wipe instant. Starts griding frost resistance gear for next week.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

i actually had that feeling during phase 4 of ragnaros.. the feeling that something was epic!

10+ Year Old Account
    kiljaden when he pops
    the turning of felmyst from the blood of brutallus

illidans demon form phase start

kologarn
    yogg saron final phase change when his shield breaks

yea i guess that would be it. odd...i cant recall cata having any, or well i guess al'akir final phase kinda qualifies.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRLgx1sjwp0&t=2m45s

The last time I felt a shiver of epic down my back.

For the lazy: Just go to 2mins 45 seconds in (or watch the whole thing if you have time)

I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRLgx1sjwp0&t=2m45s

The last time I felt a shiver of epic down my back.

For the lazy: Just go to 2mins 45 seconds in (or watch the whole thing if you have time)

Dat music... awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    You're asking like the 6? players who managed to get that far, that long ago, and who still play?
    This. OP it trying to stroke his epeen. Most players saw saph do the exact same thing in 25 man Naxx not a big deal.

Never go to sapphiron 40, but i know what you mean. And yes, it was Epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Algalon

I only get that feeling when I see something new AND rare. But because everything can be seen quite easily lately a boss never creates such a feeling anymore. Maybe Sinestra cam somewhat close to it, but I didn't really like the whole instance, so.. meh.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've never again experienced that no, after we failed a night on Sapphiron 40 I even ported in some hours later just to see that pull again on my own

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Seeing him come together is the same in the 10, 25, and 40 man raids... why is the 40 man part important? Most people saw it for the 1st time in the WotLK version.
    Hmmm. How can I reach a person that posts this?

1. The fight before that took some 40 days for the top players in the world to beat. It was kind of a big deal at the time.

2. It was the first time they'd had an animation like that.

3. Back then, seeing a new boss model was a really big deal. Even in TBC only so many people had seen this boss. Seeing a new boss was a milestone for any player back then.

Not trying to be a condescending jack***, but do you understand now? If I had just said "Remember the first time you saw Sapphiron? Have you felt like that lately?" - then it wouldn't be referencing seeing a new model, a new boss, a hard boss to reach (Heroic-only mode, basically, back then). In WOTLK that was a boss model that was widely re-used outside that raid, and it wasn't a special thing to see him. There was no "OMG guys, we're at SAPPHIRON!"

Even in TBC, on my backwater server, Kel'Thuzad only went down twice, afaik.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 02:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rupture91 View Post
    He clearly wanted to let everyone know how cool he was lol.

OT i haven't really had that feeling lately, but one for sure was seeing Raggy emerge from his pool with legs.. i had seen it in videos beforehand but seeing it in person was pretty amazing.
    /headdesk

I really don't know what to say. I'm not a particularly cool person. I didn't get to see Sapphiron til a few weeks before TBC went away, and that was one of only two times he died before WOTLK dropped on my server. See above for explanation.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 02:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bubalus View Post
    Probally trying to look cool knowing full well about 99% of the WoW players never set foot in naxx40 when current let along reach sapph.
    Makes me think he never saw it till at least lvl70 aswell.
    The refusal to do anything other than insist that people must have bad intentions is strong in this thread.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 02:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfrosty View Post
    This. OP it trying to stroke his epeen. Most players saw saph do the exact same thing in 25 man Naxx not a big deal.
    /le sigh

I am a sad not-panda. Why oh why, humanity, hast thou forsaken me?

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want to see Sindy. That is probably the last 'oh woooah' fight left for me. I enjoy LFR but it kinda does dampen how massively cool some bosses can be. ( COMPLETE PERSONAL FEELINGS, OTHERS MAY DISAGREE! )

Yogg'Saron and some fights in ICC I was in awe over. Also half of BWL.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Here's a top 10 boss encounters of all time I wrote:

http://www.naturalorderguild.com/for...ights-all-time
    lol, Huhuran 9/10 skill factor while Heigan is at 3/10? No, just no.

On-topic: the feeling I got at our first C'Thun pull... and everyone died nearly instantly, awesome moment and a feeling of "oh my god this is going to be hard". Basically only got it again on Kael'Thas 25 progress and slightly resembling feeling on Algalon purely based on the awesomeness in looks and time-pressure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    lol, Huhuran 9/10 skill factor while Heigan is at 3/10? No, just no.

On-topic: the feeling I got at our first C'Thun pull... and everyone died nearly instantly, awesome moment and a feeling of "oh my god this is going to be hard". Basically only got it again on Kael'Thas 25 progress and slightly resembling feeling on Algalon purely based on the awesomeness in looks and time-pressure.
    Heigan required no skill. It was simply run ahead of your latency. If ranged, don't stand too close to the boss. Tanks needed to know timing a little bit, but it wasn't that hard. For the side-room as long as 3 healers didn't get ported it was fine. Not sure why you think Heigan took any skill at all.

Huhuran on the other hand, with wyvern sting, a balance of nature resist, and it being the first fight that truly required one to care about DPS rotations and uptime-- it was the first of its kind (don't say Vael, that'd be wrong).

No. No we don't remember the first time we saw Sapphiron 40 man. Because nobody friggin' saw Sapphiron 40 man before TBC dropped.

I'm sure the number of people who downed Naxx 40 back when it was relevant is in the LOW 4 digits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    Just wondering.

EDIT TO TRY TO EXPLAIN A BIT WHY I'M ASKING:

1. The fight before that took some 40 days for the top players in the world to beat. It was kind of a big deal at the time.

2. It was the first time they'd had an animation like that.

3. Back then, seeing a new boss model was a really big deal. Even in TBC only so many people had seen this boss. Seeing a new boss was a milestone for any player back then.

Not trying to be a condescending jack***, but do you understand now? If I had just said "Remember the first time you saw Sapphiron? Have you felt like that lately?" - then it wouldn't be referencing seeing a new model, a new boss, a hard boss to reach (Heroic-only mode, basically, back then). In WOTLK that was a boss model that was widely re-used outside that raid, and it wasn't a special thing to see him. There was no "OMG guys, we're at SAPPHIRON!"

Even in TBC, on my backwater server, Kel'Thuzad only went down twice, afaik.
    I didnt find it that impressive, 40 health bars dropping at the same time after he spawned was scary as shit though from a healer perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    No. No we don't remember the first time we saw Sapphiron 40 man. Because nobody friggin' saw Sapphiron 40 man before TBC dropped.

I'm sure the number of people who downed Naxx 40 back when it was relevant is in the LOW 4 digits.
    I know about 100 personally but i only know about like 2 still playing :/
    Last edited by mmoc78c97bc234; 2012-11-17 at 11:42 PM.

Well, the most epic boss incoming was 40m Nefarian. You kill skellys and then BAM, big ass Dragon lands in epic maner and breath everyone with shadowflame, now that was the most epic feeling for me in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Heigan required no skill. It was simply run ahead of your latency. If ranged, don't stand too close to the boss. Tanks needed to know timing a little bit, but it wasn't that hard. For the side-room as long as 3 healers didn't get ported it was fine. Not sure why you think Heigan took any skill at all.

Huhuran on the other hand, with wyvern sting, a balance of nature resist, and it being the first fight that truly required one to care about DPS rotations and uptime-- it was the first of its kind (don't say Vael, that'd be wrong).
    We downed huhuran quickly and without too much of a hassle but then again we had monster dps, heigan was a first try kill though