Would this be considered as a BOT?

Dead serious question.

I bought a drill. I made a homemade attachment so I can attach a pencil to the tip of the drill.
    When I start drilling on low speed the pencil spins around and eventually hits my jump button for me to leech in battlegrounds. Seeing as 50% of players are bots I have no interest in playing BG's anymore however its needed to gear up.

I wont put it on automatic becouse then i know it will be a bot
    I will manually click the button and drill my to honor cap.
    Becouse I am to lazy to click the jump button. Leeching BG's for 4 years has gotten tire'ing.
    Now I can find my spot. Hold the drill button and watch series instead.

Would this be considered as a BOT?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's considered unattended gameplay (possibly) although since you are actually sitting there and able to speak with a GM should you be seen, I don't know how they would ever 'prove' you were doing so.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

It's sort of lame, but I don't think that's technically botting. You could still get reported and forced to attack someone though, couldn't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you need gear if all you do is AFK? What's the gear for?
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    This is no different from me reading a novel and ocassionally tapping the spacebar. Yes, your teammates will hate you, and it's not a nice thing to do, but it is not botting because you're there.

Now, if you set up the drill in such a way that it's tapping the spacebar for you, then it would likely be botting. A GM will try to speak to you and realize you're not around to answer the question.

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Why do you need gear if all you do is AFK? What's the gear for?
    dueling in front of orgrimmar or in goldshire

There's a ton of these homemade contraptions out there on the web. If you ever have time to blow, looking them up in YouTube is very funny.

Yes, it's against TOS. Technically, you could get banned. However, the really is no way to prove it, so you should be safe. I think the only thing that could get you caught is that if you got enough AFK complaints, a GM could still cite you for abuse since it's clear you're not participating. But let's face it, if that happened often, BGs wouldn't be the bot-fest they are now.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand, if you're there, why you even need the drill? Can't you just hit the space bar with your hand? Am I missing something?

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Whoa whoa whoa. Whoa. You made a second button which hits the first button because you're too lazy to press the first button?

http://www.theonion.com/articles/new...y-remote,1666/

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, picturing this in my head just makes me shit myself laughing. Not in a mean way, but the image of this drill hitting spacebar every now and then is just too funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

You'll never get caught, but you do have to sit there at the computer ready to answer a GM. That defeats the whole point, doesn't it? Even if you are reading a novel, you're still paying attention to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by ibeckman671 View Post
    You'll never get caught, but you do have to sit there at the computer ready to answer a GM. That defeats the whole point, doesn't it? Even if you are reading a novel, you're still paying attention to WoW.
    Not if he only has to react to the ding of a tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you sitting at the start of the bg you get reported, i report ppl all the time specially AV where ppl sit in the cave or just outside of it killing wolfs, its a pity majority of people don't know how to report bots.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!