Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicline View Post
    why do people miss this?

queue for it. afk in front of wall for 5 minutes. blow down walls. spam for a VOA group.

same question, why do people miss TB?

i would say make them into 40 man BGs but i can only thumbs down 2 BGs and then there would be 4 40 man bgs.
    I think you'd enjoy bgs a lot more if you didn't try to afk through them all...

And I don't think anyone misses TB. WG battles on the other hand were amazing. They required coordination comparable to a normal mode raid spread across a vast amount of space with every single place mattering. No BG comes close to how WG was especially when both sides were balanced (which CRZ can do). It's just about adding rewards to make sure more people queue though with CRZ that might not even be a problem.

You also don't have to thumb it down right now because it isn't a bg and you have to queue for it separately (so don't like it? don't queue for it).
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-11-15 at 07:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicline View Post
    why do people miss this?

queue for it. afk in front of wall for 5 minutes. blow down walls. spam for a VOA group.

same question, why do people miss TB?

i would say make them into 40 man BGs but i can only thumbs down 2 BGs and then there would be 4 40 man bgs.
    Well you see I did this thing called "participate"....

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i thought TB was terrible but WG was always fun on my server regardless of being on O or D. good to see theyre bringing the world pvp zones back, it was something i was surprised they didnt have lined up for in MoP. you would think that this expansion being about a war there would be a big pvp zone.

I didnt know there was a single person that even remotely enjoyed either WG or TB, but I guess the feedback in this thread speaks for itself.
    Decent update, if it gave that stupid rated bg conquest points I'd even do it too. That'd be nice, but I wouldnt expect it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    Ah loved it on my unbalanced server, as a member of the lesser faction we always had extremely high stacks of that buff allowing one guy to take on 5 people single handedly.
    Good times.

I remember getting into a WG with the max 20 stacks. Running around one shoting folks, with 200k HP. Dots doing 10-15k a tick, Death and decay 6-9k, strikes in the 50-60k range, and 110k hp army of the dead destorying whole groups.

Good times.

I enjoyed the fights, even the Turtles in the main courtyard. Defending the new hole in the wall, while trying to burn down seige engines or using catapults to spread clouds of poison so your tanks could get in.

Good times.
    Last edited by the0o; 2012-11-15 at 02:00 PM.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Deleted
    If this will be CRZ it's actually going to be interesting, otherwise I'd be 5 vs 5 battles on my server. The great thing about TB and WG always was the giant zerg and the big map. Loads of honorable kills, no real reason to frantically trying to win as on other battlegrounds and so on.

Hell if you were simply there for the zerg even TB was fun, because that's what it was on my server. One giant zerg, back before the last few Alliance guilds disbanded/left my server. Now we're in dire need of more Alliance to fight.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yay they read the posts on their forums that hardly got any player input

I don't think WG will be as popular as before. You don't have a VoA to fight for.

Therefore, need Heroic VoA also.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    You obviously don't know how WG's queue has worked since about the end of WotLK and then how TB's queue worked.

Each team will have indentical numbers plus or minus a few people. I wanna say it's in 5's. It's been that way for a while. Even if 100 alliance/horde queue and 10 of the other faction queue, only 10-15 of the larger faction gets in.
    Hehe. I know how it works, tho to my recollection that change was brought in during Cataclysm. And it meant little for WG, since those battles were 4 vs. 2 at that point anyway.

The main problem with WG at the time it was current was server imbalance. Tenacity was a band-aid that didn't really work. CRZ would be an elegant solution to this.

What I'm curious about is how they're going to change the rewards and if we will see an updated version of VoA or BH. While I enjoyed having 20 tenacity and cleaving groups down like anyone else, Wintergrasp and Tol Barad were a means to an end: easy honor if you weren't fully geared and access to the raid instances for a chance at current tier gear. If these are brought back without Cross-Realm Zones, the battles will remain as desolate as they are now on live on many servers unless there is a carrot on a stick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha this is an amazing update!!! I don't know if its nostalgia but if they did this to TB instead i wouldn't give a single fuck lol

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 03:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    What I'm curious about is how they're going to change the rewards and if we will see an updated version of VoA or BH. While I enjoyed having 20 tenacity and cleaving groups down like anyone else, Wintergrasp and Tol Barad were a means to an end: easy honor if you weren't fully geared and access to the raid instances for a chance at current tier gear. If these are brought back without Cross-Realm Zones, the battles will remain as desolate as they are now on live on many servers unless there is a carrot on a stick.
    Yea i didn't really think about VoA when reading about this update. I can't really see them buffing the bosses and if they added new bosses, would they be titan based like the current ones or would there be new baddies that have taken over the halls. If they do plan on going through with this i'm extremely interested in what they come up with regarding VoA.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

I really hope they dont do CRZ on these. Then it will be just another BG with people screaming/whining/hating/leeching. Having them as a community effort on the other hand would be awesome!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    sure hope they buffed the rewards too... cause if they didn't it wont be worth a shit.....
    Wow cause playing the game for fun isn't rewarding enough... Get some perspective seriously...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vellar View Post
    Wow cause playing the game for fun isn't rewarding enough... Get some perspective seriously...
    I really enjoyed WG back in the day but with the VP grind, I am not sure I will do much of it if it just rewards honour. Honour is worthless to me now - I have full PvP gear and every heirloom. What else can I do with it? Get trade goods? (Cata era at that, I think).

Just give it a token amount of CP the same as regular BGs and let it be part of the Call to Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by vellar View Post
    As much as some people may do it for 'fun', that isn't enough of an incentive for many players, and many servers will end up with vastly imbalanced or empty Wintergrasp / Tol Barad games without a hook to reel people in.