Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can you please look around you before rolling need?

If you're a healer don't roll on DPS stuff, if you're DPS don't roll on healer stuff, etc? Ffs can you have a little bit of human decency in you before rolling need carelessly and leaving the group before the other person has a chance to speak? Some of us have other things to do than farm the same dungeons every day until we finally get that one upgrade we need.

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just give up on this ever happening.

Seriously. I won't stoop to their level, I will still always pass on the dps gear if I see one of the dps actually need on it and I'm there healing. I will find it somewhere within my heart to forgive the mage who outrolled me on the spirit cloak with the free spirit flask effect on use who told me "reforge" when questioned about why he took it over the healer. I will let it roll of my shoulders because those people will never change.

Once you accept it won't go away you can cope with it much better, trust me. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    And maybe that bullshit mage will log in some day and give my priest the healing trinket from scholo that he took from me.

And maybe Jesus will come down from the heavens and give me super God powers.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    you got more chance of platting snot.

when leveling and gearing a character, if the need button is lit, and its an upgrade and damn well going to press need unless I am in a group with guild members. (I might ask if the group has been a pleasent one, but if you have not said two words, or are a "Go Go Go" character then ill need anything that is an upgrade)

15+ Year Old Account
    Those type of people will never ever change.

After the healing trinket from a pandaria heroic got ninjad off me I vowed, in my rage, to always ninja as well from that point on. After I ninjad the first item inthe run after that I regretted it immediatly,felt bad for day and I even looked him up on armory and thought about adding him on bnet, queueing with him and trading.
    Actually hurt myself the most G G. I just can't ninja, well not more than once.

Deleted
    I doubt that most people who are bad, taking items without asking, dying on Elegon and such, even reads mmo-champion.

You're fooling yourself if you think this will change anytime soon, although I feel like this is just a rage post anyways.

I can see why some classes do it... very specifically, why dps that have tank or heal offspecs roll need on such things. Since I've been in this expansion, I've been lucky... every heal or tank piece that drops, I do see folks asking nicely if someone else needs on it, etc.

But yeah, I doubt it will ever go away.

i used to feel like humanity existed in this game.. now i just roll need when the button lights up. then i just give the item to whoever needs it more.

Deleted
    Depends, unless it's a friend I'll roll need on whatever item drops that I can use. In the rare case the person who needs it is actually decent however, I will pass it along. It just doesn't happen very often, and I believe that as such, the item will benefit a lot more on my offspec than it ever would on their mainspec.

Run dungeons and LFR for gear, not for friends or for companionship or for the warm fluffy feeling in my gut.. I might pass if I know the person is playing well and has some shit item because I do understand that pain.. But otherwise, its all fair game and working as intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    A good example from a normal player.

Run dungeons and LFR for gear, not for friends or for companionship or for the warm fluffy feeling in my gut.. I might pass if I know the person is playing well and has some shit item because I do understand that pain.. But otherwise, its all fair game and working as intended.
    You're basically ready to ninja stuff, but only if the player is bad, or doesn't need the stuff "so much". You don't seem to do that very often, because otherwise you wouldn't pass anything. Ever. A normal defense mechanism of a human body: By making yourself believe that the other player was bad, makes it easier to press need.
    But it's not as simple as it sounds. Your subconsciousness knows the truth, and it becomes harder and the same time easier everytime to press the need. Basically you die a little bit inside I'm not a psychologist, but these people who ninja stuff, there is something wrong. And I mean people who do it always. They are not fully balanced mentally, or just don't get the idea of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    If you're a healer don't roll on DPS stuff, if you're DPS don't roll on healer stuff, etc? Ffs can you have a little bit of human decency in you before rolling need carelessly and leaving the group before the other person has a chance to speak? Some of us have other things to do than farm the same dungeons every day until we finally get that one upgrade we need.

Thanks.
    So wait, you expect someone anonymous nobody to respect the main spec of some other anonymous nobody that they will never see again? The system is self serving and disposable and everything in it including the people you're doing with it maintain that concept. You can't have it both, raid with a guild if you want people to value you or anything else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    Some of us have other things to do than farm the same dungeons every day until we finally get that one upgrade we need.
    The guys/girls who can play more than one role in the dungeons probably have other things to do as well. Maybe you should show the same consideration to them instead of selfishly demanding the items for yourself. Your time isn't worth more than theirs.

I think that most people are just selfish, we can all be like that, but I guess it just depends on how we like to be seen and treated. Personally I wouldn't ever roll on an offspec item if someone else that needed it for their main roll, rolled on it. I always ask in party if anyone minds me needing on offspec. Just because I don't know the people I party with in LFG, and will never see them again, doesn't give me the right to ruin there play time. And I would hope the same of others.

Sadly, there are many that just don't care and feel its fine to do that to others. I just take it in my stride, and move on with my day. No point letting them get to you!

Deleted
    I never need on my off-specc gear if another person needs on it. Never will do either.

you need to adapt. there is no point in coming to forums and making xyz threads about ppl ninjaing. just do it your self. i am personaly needing everything i can need. i dont care if you need it more or if its just 8gold or whatever. why? cus i am sick of ppl doing that to me so let em taste their own medicine.

hell, i tired to be polite. was tanking dungeons and uprgrade droped and i needed it. when i won took a look at a loot windonw and every1 who could roll did. and not only that. when some other guy saw he lost roll he started bashing me that i dont need that as an upgrade and i just needed cus it vendors for *drumroll* 8 gold.

then druids needing on str off pices cus they are better for em

so fuck em all. if you can press need then need it. stick to the old blizzard saying. if you can press need then its not against the rules.

I've been trying to gear up my dps warrior by running heroic dungeons and I kid you not, 6 dps pieces have dropped and every single time a plate wearing tank/healer has rolled and won the items. It's very frustrating. 18 dungeons and not one piece. This game is definitely frustrating sometimes. If Blizzard would just make loot in dungeons class specific by how you queue, this whole mess would be avoided, but it's too much work to do, or so they say, so it is what it is. It still sucks though.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I look at before rolling need is my own gear. Tough shit, it's how the system works.

Inb4 "You're the reason WoW is so bad!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    The only thing I look at before rolling need is my own gear. Tough shit, it's how the system works.

Inb4 "You're the reason WoW is so bad!"
    Well yeah, that's how the system works and it is what it is, but it's still a terrible system.