Am I Reading This Right???

Valor Point gear requires rep as well?!? If so, once I get all the gear I need out of heroics, and refuse to do dailies...the only other way to upgrade gear is via LFR/Raids?? This might be old news but I am just now getting to that point...slow but sure

Thanks in advance for the help.
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Deleted
    Not sure. I visited some rep vendors and the honor/valor stuff was available even though I was neutral.

15+ Year Old Account
    That is true, remember though that the reputation gear (read valor) is not required in any way because all raid gear (normal/heroic) is better. Not sure if LFR is better itemized or not for some so won't comment on that. As mentioned above though not all reputation gear required high reputation and might be available directly. Usually its the cloak/neck/bracer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where in the world have you been in the last few months?

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Where in the world have you been in the last few months?
    Thanks for the feedback.....+1 your post count?

I have been doing other things....and I am just getting to this point.
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honor and conquest gear is the same as usual.

Valor gear requires reputation (usually not higher than honoured) to be accessed.

Justice point gear will not benefit you after Heroics, but I believe it is also gated by a small rep grind.

Yeah I have 3k VP on an alt, cba to do the dailies so its sitting rotting. Also can't convert VP to conquest atm as far as I can see so I can't even upgrade to pvp gear on that char. The dailies are as boring as fuck. Doing the rep grind on the main is enough to drive me insane, let alone getting to honoured for crap items and revered for the goodstuff on alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    For now, yes, rep gear is the only major thing you can spend valor on, but the valor upgrade system is going to be in the next patch, which will let you spend valor points to upgrade your gears' stats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    That is true, remember though that the reputation gear (read valor) is not required in any way because all raid gear (normal/heroic) is better. Not sure if LFR is better itemized or not for some so won't comment on that. As mentioned above though not all reputation gear required high reputation and might be available directly. Usually its the cloak/neck/bracer.
    FYI most of the mage valor gear is better than normal MSV drops. (for fire mages)

@ OP yes you need rep for valor gear, but MSV is easily doable in 463 BiS gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    You need to remember that don't actually need to get gear from raids either, because the next expansion will reward better gear from leveling quests than you can currently get in raids...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    You need to remember that don't actually need to get gear from raids either, because the next expansion will reward better gear from leveling quests than you can currently get in raids...
    Well the rep gear will be replaced too, so why bother even trying to get the gear in the first place?:V

Deleted
    Getting the required reputations to buy valor gear wont take alot of time in terms of doing dailys. Get a group for the dailys and it'll be over much quicker.

I believe that the reputation lock on the gear is there for the more "dedicated" people. "Casuals" can still get their epics by crafting/LFR and stuff. But if you wanna progress with your guild and want as good gear as possible, as soon as possible, you are allowed to spend extra time in order to unlock these rewards for you.