Heroic Attenuation

On multiple vids that I've watched, people are calling out which direction to run as Zor'lok is casting attenuation. How are they able to do this? Is there some kind of hint based on the way he's facing? Is it an addon?

Can someone fill me in? Thanks.

The latest update of Big Wigs will inform you what way the rotation is before the orbs actually come out.

Edit: Link to the add-on - http://www.wowace.com/addons/big-wigs/
    Last edited by Dangless; 2012-11-13 at 11:45 PM.

He uses 2 different spell IDs for the Attenuation cast depending on the direction. This is how addons can and did track it.

Awesome, I know that info would be useful to several members of my raid.

Does DBM do this yet? Can or will it?

I think it does.
    Ashr

Deleted
    Ignore all that addon shiat - stand in front of the boss (but back ofc) and you watch for the 2nd green orb if it floats out left you go left if it floats out right you go right.

I can't copy my YouTube video of my kill cos I'm on my phone but type in hungwong92 and you can watch me doing it without getting hit just follow ze green orbs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heri View Post
    Ignore all that addon shiat - stand in front of the boss (but back ofc) and you watch for the 2nd green orb if it floats out left you go left if it floats out right you go right.

I can't copy my YouTube video of my kill cos I'm on my phone but type in hungwong92 and you can watch me doing it without getting hit just follow ze green orbs
    Why would you ignore an addon like BigWigs which actually tells you BEFORE they spawn what direction to run. Sounds silly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Why would you ignore an addon like BigWigs which actually tells you BEFORE they spawn what direction to run. Sounds silly.
    Because some people could kill it before you could be handheld through the mechanic by an addon. What's so hard about using your eyes?

If you don't feel confident enough to do it without a boss mod that's fine you're in luck then. It's like anything in life understanding the fundamentals behind a concept will provide better performance than just following instructions. God forbid if something went wrong with your precious boss mod mid fight you would survive by listening to what I said.
    Last edited by mmoc99820f6c0c; 2012-11-20 at 09:50 AM.

Deleted
    Because some people could kill it before you could be handheld through the mechanic by an addon. What's so hard about using your eyes?

If you don't feel confident enough to do it without a boss mod that's fine you're in luck then. It's like anything in life understanding the fundamentals behind a concept will provide better performance than just following instructions. God forbid if something went wrong with your precious boss mod mid fight you would survive by listening to what I said.
    or more likely -> patch day broke the mod and that day your "blind" as you didn't know how stuff works just folowed the prompts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    or more likely -> patch day broke the mod and that day your "blind" as you didn't know how stuff works just folowed the prompts
    That makes no sense? How can I be 'blind' if I described exactly how to dodge it. If you had tried the boss within the first week with dbm you would know there was no prompt for left or right; therefore, if the prompts you referred to are the green orbs then yes I did follow them. /golfclap

The wow community feels like its getting progressively more ignorant. I shared how to dodge it without boss mods. It's really not hard get over yourself.
    Last edited by mmoc99820f6c0c; 2012-11-20 at 11:15 AM.

That makes no sense? How can I be 'blind' if I described exactly how to dodge it. If you had tried the boss within the first week with dbm you would know there was no prompt for left or right.

The wow community feels like its getting progressively more ignorant. I shared how to dodge it without boss mods. It's really not hard get over yourself.
    I think the point being made is, why bother doing it the way that requires pin-point reaction times (if you step in the wrong direction because of brain lag or something you're screwed and have to be a pro dodger), when you can use an addon that lets you prepare for the direction you're going ~2-3 seconds early? If you aren't using the addon, then you're just putting more strain on yourself. If you know how to dodge it without, you'll be able to when the addon doesn't work anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think DBM does this, Bigwigs does though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I don't think DBM does this, Bigwigs does though.
    I missed our last kill so can't confirm this. If this is true (which I understood it to be when I originally posted) then maybe what I said will help people using DBM.

Which were my intentions.

Sigh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I missed our last kill so can't confirm this. If this is true (which I understood it to be when I originally posted) then maybe what I said will help people using DBM.

Which were my intentions.

Sigh.
    I was replying to the OP, not you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I was replying to the OP, not you.
    Care?

My post was not directed to you specially don't worry kid.

Not really, Method have addon writers and had someone write an addon to go left or right.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Deleted
    Keep it civil, people. No need to fight.