I don't do Beta.

As the title says i don't do betas. I've been playing MMOs for a long time now and I just don't like the concept of playing the beta from a players perspective. I appreciate all you who do play the beta for the right reason of checking for and reporting bugs.. you make my discovery experience better for it. The discovery experience seems to be the best aspect of mmos for me, the exploring new places - finding new things - fighting new dungeon/raid bosses and beta feels like oh so much a spoiler to that experience. I only now watch videos of boss fights before trying a boss because being the idiot dying to unknown mechanics is unacceptable, as it should be. So, on to the point of this thread - for those that did 'do the beta' tell us all who didn't something we should know. Spoilers ahead possibly, be warned.

I'm the same way. I'd prefer to experience the game on live. I did do the SWTOR beta and wish I had followed my gut instinct at the time and not purchased...

Deleted
    Dimensions, I heard we were getting player housing thought meh whatever, tried one in beta then couldn't stop I showed a couple to a friend who plays minecraft, he bought the game yesterday just for them

Slime! Your English is abrupt, but I expect your intention is kindhearted.

Personally, still don't watch videos of bosses ahead of time, but do depend heavily on plugins like KBM. "Spoilers" I have picked up:

• Dimensions!
    • Zone puzzles now have prerequisites - artifact sets for example.
    • IAs are #winning.
    • Expert/Raid rifts are fading, replaced with Hunt Rifts which are a chain of escalating rift events. IE, the story is spread across 40-60 rifts, as opposed to integrated in 1.
    • The big zone fight (Volan?) is a one-off - while it'll recur, there's only one big guy so far. If people like it, we'll get more. If not, we won't.
    • Quest hubs are for story, "kill n mobs" are now called "carnage" quests that you get automatically when you kill the first mob, and generally don't have to turn in to anyone.

K, not all super-spoilery. But y'know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same here, Most people play Beta's for a jump/Edge at whats to come, I myself enjoy games for the Solo experience. Doing what i want when i want. Dont get me wrong - Not saying its bad to play for Sport, Its Just not my cup of tea.

I can see your point, but a lot of people want to maximize the experience. And, Beta can be part of that.

Hey guys - thanks for replys, if i can ask a question where are the new 150% + mount vendors? SL so far is incredible i'm having a blast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Hey guys - thanks for replys, if i can ask a question where are the new 150% + mount vendors? SL so far is incredible i'm having a blast.
    The 150% mounts are now 130% and they are bears at the entrance to Tempest Bay. They require level 51 and 300p to purchase.

Edit: I think the spider mounts are 150% and not 200% (the older speeds were in beta only) and I've not got to the area yet but I think their 1000p and notoriety (rep) is required for those.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-11-14 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    The 150% mounts are now 130% and they are bears at the entrance to Tempest Bay. They require level 51 and 300p to purchase.

Edit: I think the spider mounts are 150% and not 200% (the older speeds were in beta only) and I've not got to the area yet but I think their 1000p and notoriety (rep) is required for those.
    Somehow I got the impression that 150% and 200% were just tooltip errors rather than actual mount speeds on the beta, but I'm not sure. I already bought my 130% mount but haven't hit 51 yet, so I can't tell if it feels the same as the bear did on beta.