10+ Year Old Account

Funny Story.....

Figured Id share this with you while they apply hot fixes

So I reactiaved my account like 2 weeks ago. Power leveled my two highest toons from 40 to 50 in the Merdian IA. Headed out to the SL content, went to the war torn area. Got a few quests and.... I CANT KILL ANYTHING!!!!!

Seriously, my gear is so friggin bad because I power leveled my toons that I cant kill a damn thing hahaha

All I can say is THANK GOD for the changes to mob tagging, Ill be able to collect a few early quest greens which are like x3 better than what Im wearing =/

Ive never experienced this before in all my gaming history, its crazy....

Oh well, wait for the servers to come back up and get down to business. Hope you get a laugh out of this lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Figured Id share this with you while they apply hot fixes

So I reactiaved my account like 2 weeks ago. Power leveled my two highest toons from 40 to 50 in the Merdian IA. Headed out to the SL content, went to the war torn area. Got a few quests and.... I CANT KILL ANYTHING!!!!!

Seriously, my gear is so friggin bad because I power leveled my toons that I cant kill a damn thing hahaha

All I can say is THANK GOD for the changes to mob tagging, Ill be able to collect a few early quest greens which are like x3 better than what Im wearing =/

Ive never experienced this before in all my gaming history, its crazy....

Oh well, wait for the servers to come back up and get down to business. Hope you get a laugh out of this lol.
    Ha that sux. Yeah being decked out in relic raid gear helps. Do carnage, zone events and onslaughts in groups and you'll get green lvl 50/51 gear fast. The mobs in Rift aren't a push over and wait for it.......you can die if your not careful. Shocking that you just can't face roll leveling content.

Hmm, most of the early quests of SL give you some decent gear to roll with. Get through those and you'll be good to go.

Neither of my 50s is geared all that well, and I decided to go into SL with my newest one first. She's doing okay and getting upgrades like crazy, but it certainly isn't a cakewalk.

What callings are you playing? They all have specs with which you can whitstand quite a lot of beating. Rolling, for example, a chloromancer for a mage or a bard for a rogue might be a good idea in your situation. You won't hit all that hard but you should be able to take out single mobs even if slowly.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    aha, well, good to know my nice gear isn't going to waste then! :O

Mostly dying from exploring into high level zones to either falling damage or maybe a high mob or two. But only a few times.

And shards went down? I guess that business meeting I attended was at the right time! ;D
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I just recently leveled a rogue that I planned on playing in SL, I leveled exclusively through IA all the way.
    So yesterday I logged in, accepted the SL quest and went to the portalicum then I realized "Oh right, my only portalicums are Silverwood and Sanctum".
    Not exactly how I planned to spend my first 15 minutes of SL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    my only portalicums are Silverwood and Sanctum".
    Hopefully you remembered the portal to IPP at the bottom of the steps in Sanctum

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Funny how many there is that doesn't seem to understand the new mob tagging, I see so many people just go past to pick their own mob, I dot up anything that moves for the extra kills. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Hopefully you remembered the portal to IPP at the bottom of the steps in Sanctum
    Had no idea there even was a portal there, so no.

I'm leveling as half warden / half inquistor. It's already saved my skin a number of times as I was running around Seratos. At level 50 I could (slowly) kill a 53 by rolling my four dots then healing myself through their damage. It's also been handy for getting into rift raids / IAs where their tends to be either no healers or way too many.

My cleric wasn't powerleveled (she was 50 the first week Rift launched) but was shelved for a long time. With the server consolidation I had to move her from Deepstrike and ended up dusting her off for the xpac. So far every quest item has been an upgrade. It's great!

Deleted
    warden inq? go with druid/car. You want passive healing and no casts when you're leveling/farming
    Pet cleave does loads of dmg and all you need to do more or less is spam even justice. You can easily do 4-5 mobs in seratos. Maybe 3 if you're a bit undergeared.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Funny how many there is that doesn't seem to understand the new mob tagging, I see so many people just go past to pick their own mob, I dot up anything that moves for the extra kills. :P
    Definitely, just watching the exp flow in was insane yesterday!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Warden is my first love in Rift. Leveled to 50 as a full warden back in the day (though with lots of warfronts / dungeons). It may not be the fastest spec, but it's got a lot of nice tools. Call of the depths and dehydrate are instacast now so there's no pushback getting my four dots rolling. There's +damage/+dot/+hot passives in the two souls as well as purge, cleanse and a 0-point Purifier shield. I didn't know what the new zones would bring so I wanted to be versatile. The only time I cast is the odd overflowing renewal or bolt of judgement if my health isn't a concern.

That said, if things get significantly harder I may try a melee build like you suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Viantha View Post
    Warden is my first love in Rift. Leveled to 50 as a full warden back in the day (though with lots of warfronts / dungeons). It may not be the fastest spec, but it's got a lot of nice tools. Call of the depths and dehydrate are instacast now so there's no pushback getting my four dots rolling. There's +damage/+dot/+hot passives in the two souls as well as purge, cleanse and a 0-point Purifier shield. I didn't know what the new zones would bring so I wanted to be versatile. The only time I cast is the odd overflowing renewal or bolt of judgement if my health isn't a concern.

That said, if things get significantly harder I may try a melee build like you suggested.
    I, too, went Warden for as long as possible. I discovered inquis-icar a while back (like, 1.6 or 1.7, can't remember exactly), and loved it. Initially for AoE farming - vex up a heap of mobs, round 'em up, and hit 'em with AoEs. Eventually for 5-man healing. But once 1.11 hit, and the -icar healing was no longer scaling with damage dealt, the build wasn't as survivable, so I tracked down a replacement. Take a read of the "Just Seer" thread:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...just-seer.html

There are some awesome advantages, but also some limitations.

• Pet
      • Management - A downside. Your pet is most likely going to be the Protector, which means all the aggro is going to be on him. This makes the gathering up of mobs a bit more difficult.
      • Freedom - An upside. Since all the enemies are going to be hitting the Protector, you can gather and skin all you want during the fight.
    • Range
      • Mobility - An upside. You and the protector have a teleport with short cooldown, and you have a shield that boosts movement speed.
      • Ranged Abilities - A downside. You're not as able to tag all the remote mobs, since the primary ranged ability has a CD.
    • Positional play - A neutral. Your DPS will vary depending on how the mobs are grouped and which way you're facing. Optimally, all the mobs will be massed directly between your Protector and you.
    • Survivability - A plus. This is the most survivable build I've played.
    • AoE-centricism - A neutral. You're going to do more damage with more mobs. With mid-level raid gear, single target should be just shy of 2k, and multi-target can often exceed 4k. You'll have this level gear by 51 or 52.

So ya, I highly recommend you check out the Druid build. Not the top one listed in the thread, but what the thread ultimately discusses as optimized.