View Poll Results: How should MOP legendaries work?

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • LFR legendaries should be a lower grade than the NM/HM one and longer to get.

    42 21.11%
  • Same quality as the NM/HM one but longer to get.

    39 19.60%
  • No legendaries through LFR period.

    48 24.12%
  • Couldn't care less.

    70 35.18%
Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Question So we know LFR drops Items that lead to a Legendary Gems...

    Just a poll, are you ok if Blizzard will allow this quest line to continue through LFR, Normal, and Heroic modes and ultimately on the last tier of MOP a legendary weapon can be achieved by the end of this expansion?

    If so how should they do this?
    Legendary weapons through LFR should be a lower quality legendary compared with the Normal/Heroic one?
    Should the ones through LFR take a significantly longer time to get? much like the way the sigils in LFR have a lower drop rate than normal mode raiders.
    Should they even allow legendaries through LFR?

    For those who don't know about the legendary quest.
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=206937/m...your-legendary
    Last edited by Alasuya; 2012-11-13 at 12:58 AM.

  2. #2
    it will be lower because it creates a gem that goes into a weapon, (sha touched) LFR weapons are ilvl 483, normal 496 and heroic 509.

    so LFR legendary = 483, while raiders will have a 509 legendary, or 496 for those not doing heroic,

    if 26 ilvl's isnt enough what is...

    also it takes them much longer since raiders clear LFR and the normal/heroic instance giving double the chance of sigils.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2012-11-13 at 01:00 AM.

  3. #3
    Brewmaster Neglesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,434
    I personally think a legendary weapon should be earned by the dedicated.

    I know Blizzard's approach has shifted to casuals throughout their expansions, but that's how I feel.

    Legendaries, no many what form it is, should be earned by the people that work the most.

  4. #4
    I'm fine with it..for THIS legendary. This way, EVERYONE has a legendary! So there can be no more complaints of 'there's no legendary for my class/spec!' Kind of funny that blizz went from 'class specific legendary' to 'legendaries for all classes/specs!' back to back, but I'm not complaining.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 07:09 PM ----------

    Perhaps the best way to go about it is to just let lfr give an epic, and a legendary from the regular/heroic modes. At the very least, I'm sure the ivl of the lfr version will be lower than normal/heroic.

    What I DO want to see happen though, is let people finish the storyline through lfr. It wouldn't be fair to let everyone start this quest chain then say 'sorry, dedicated raiders only beyond this point.'

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I'm fine with it..for THIS legendary. This way, EVERYONE has a legendary! So there can be no more complaints of 'there's no legendary for my class/spec!' Kind of funny that blizz went from 'class specific legendary' to 'legendaries for all classes/specs!' back to back, but I'm not complaining.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 07:09 PM ----------

    Perhaps the best way to go about it is to just let lfr give an epic, and a legendary from the regular/heroic modes. At the very least, I'm sure the ivl of the lfr version will be lower than normal/heroic.

    What I DO want to see happen though, is let people finish the storyline through lfr. It wouldn't be fair to let everyone start this quest chain then say 'sorry, dedicated raiders only beyond this point.'
    Me personally im more worried about the artistic qualities of the weapons opposed to whether they are orange or purple.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    I personally think a legendary weapon should be earned by the dedicated.

    I know Blizzard's approach has shifted to casuals throughout their expansions, but that's how I feel.

    Legendaries, no many what form it is, should be earned by the people that work the most.
    Get over yourself its a game and we all pay the same sub.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

  7. #7
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    577
    The top choice is EXACTLY how they are doing it, so i can't understand the tread?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Get over yourself its a game and we all pay the same sub.
    I always love this statement. So by this logic if I were to enroll in a college and attend all my classes get perfect grades and graduate with honors, the guy who attends no classes and does nothing to really earn his degree still deserves it just because he paid the same amount of tuition?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by PtrPiper View Post
    I always love this statement. So by this logic if I were to enroll in a college and attend all my classes get perfect grades and graduate with honors, the guy who attends no classes and does nothing to really earn his degree still deserves it just because he paid the same amount of tuition?
    Because a game bought for recreation is the same as an educational course regulated by government bodies? Think before you post please.


    Personally I couldn't care less and that's what i voted for. The concept of a legendary in this game is something difficult and powerful to obtain but of course people don't want to work for anything nor feel they should if they're paying for it. It's their loss at the end of the day because working for something like Thunderfury or the daggers felt like a real achievement. I'll feel more of an achievement by working through "proper" raids to do the quest line and I don't really mind nor care if someone who doesn't have the time or skill to raid normally can get the same thing.

    It's about the experience and the thrill, not about showing off my shinys and having "noobs" gawk at me.
    Last edited by Bokor; 2012-11-13 at 05:45 AM.

  10. #10
    Moderator Kerdoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,573
    I voted for "LFR legendaries should be a lower grade than the NM/HM one and longer to get." But it was a hard choice between that and the third one.

  11. #11
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Colchester, land of the squaddies, UK
    Posts
    5,562
    LFR, Normal and Heroic Legendary weapons should be the same item level and take the same time to get, with the only mitigating factor being LFR's random loot slowing down the process.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 05:42 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    What I DO want to see happen though, is let people finish the storyline through lfr. It wouldn't be fair to let everyone start this quest chain then say 'sorry, dedicated raiders only beyond this point.'
    Like every raid during Cataclysm except DS?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 1/6/7 | TPR: 0.5/3.5/4
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Glyphmaster Gunhaver | Avatar by Hasana-chan

  12. #12
    Orange is the new purple.

    Most assuredly, there will be two or three "legendaries" per tier next expansion. Hell, come the end of this one, anyone without their orange weapon will be benched and deemed a slacker.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Salted Beef View Post
    Orange is the new purple.

    Most assuredly, there will be two or three "legendaries" per tier next expansion. Hell, come the end of this one, anyone without their orange weapon will be benched and deemed a slacker.
    I wonder when will artifacts become a player item, and in the distant future (WoW time) meaning in 12+ years I wonder what new quality type will come after that when artifacts too become no longer a rarity.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 10:55 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    The top choice is EXACTLY how they are doing it, so i can't understand the tread?
    I will need some verification on this. As of now the overwhelming majority of people are unclear where this legendary quest is even headed to other than a wep/shield for all classes.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokor View Post
    Because a game bought for recreation is the same as an educational course regulated by government bodies? Think before you post please.


    Personally I couldn't care less and that's what i voted for. The concept of a legendary in this game is something difficult and powerful to obtain but of course people don't want to work for anything nor feel they should if they're paying for it. It's their loss at the end of the day because working for something like Thunderfury or the daggers felt like a real achievement. I'll feel more of an achievement by working through "proper" raids to do the quest line and I don't really mind nor care if someone who doesn't have the time or skill to raid normally can get the same thing.

    It's about the experience and the thrill, not about showing off my shinys and having "noobs" gawk at me.
    Ok then since that analogy doesn't work for you let's use this one.

    I've never been a big fan of PVP or the time it takes to be good at it. But since I pay the same sub as everyone else I go buy a set a crafted pvp gear on the ah and do a couple bg's. I dont wanna take the time and don't have the time to be good at it so give me my elite armor and weapons cause i pay the same sub. I also want mounts and titles at the end of the season too because even though I don't put in the same time and effort as others i pay the same sub so i deserve them.

  15. #15
    Stood in the Fire Krayzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    403
    LFR legendaries will be shit compared to normal/heroic mode. So whats the problem? If you're doing heroic or normal then you will have a much better weapon, and much better damage/healing compared to an LFR raider.


  16. #16
    Moderator Rivelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Castiel's Army
    Posts
    5,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    I voted for "LFR legendaries should be a lower grade than the NM/HM one and longer to get." But it was a hard choice between that and the third one.
    Same.

    I understand that they want everyone to be able to experience the legendary quest.

    I'd assume that if someone manages to get an LFR legendary that would last them awhile and not be replaced by anything except a normal or heroic mode legendary? (Edit: I'm referring to an actual legendary weapon here if we eventually find they put them in, and not just the legendary gem).
    Last edited by Rivelle; 2012-11-13 at 04:32 PM.

  17. #17
    Paying the subscription fee does nothing but allows you to play the game. If we want to derail the thread about this, we can all stop now because it's not an answer of opinion, it's fact. Your sub fee allows you to play the game. Okay? So stop.

    Anyway, I do think it's weird that the tokens and shit drop in LFR. I don't really care, and I personally will be relying on the sigils from LFR because my guild is very very average, easily below average. I'm 4/6 Moshu'gan... normal. I used to raid with a good guild. I've raided with good, server second and third guilds since I played my hunter in Vanilla. After I started playing Real Life (which is a pretty shitty game, don't buy it), the only thing keeping me raiding and clearing easy normal content in a timely manner was my guild I had been in since TBC. But, they exploded, and no one needed a balance druid because every fucking guild already has one, and I couldn't find a guild on my server with sensible raid times, and I can't pay $150 to transfer all of my characters, and I don't want to just pay $50 and remake all of my alts again like I had to when my TBC guild forced me to transfer to the server I'm on now, anyway. So, I raid with people who you'd think were playing from a nursing home.

    I need everything I can get to at least, if I'm lucky, be able to carry and drag my guild through at least the normal version of the current content. I'm very thankful I can get the sigils from LFR. If they were lower quality than the others, I would probably understand that and be okay with it.

  18. #18
    It's just a gem. A real cop-out IMO, shouldn't qualify as a legendary. More along the lines of the ring quests when Icecrown was introduced.

  19. #19
    They made legendaries a complete joke now, why even color them orange? Just make them purple.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNL...ature=youtu.be (#1 SSB Gold run on Bleeding Hollow)
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

  20. #20
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,545
    if everyone has a legendary they are no longer legendary





    There is no bad RNG only bad L2P

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •