Prot paladin gearing.

I know that the best stats for prot paladins are hit>exp>master=haste>dodge/parry.

However i've ran into problem when what seems like the best gear for me is actually all ret (luckily crit is worst start for ret afaik).
    Is it beneficial to run LFR as ret for the better gear (only losing out on weapons and trinkets) ?
    And furthermore, how would i go about convincing my guild that it's actually "tank" gear and not only dps gear ? (At least seeing how it's better for me than the regular "tank" gear).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    I know that the best stats for prot paladins are hit>exp>master=haste>dodge/parry.

However i've ran into problem when what seems like the best gear for me is actually all ret (luckily crit is worst start for ret afaik).
    Is it beneficial to run LFR as ret for the better gear (only losing out on weapons and trinkets) ?
    And furthermore, how would i go about convincing my guild that it's actually "tank" gear and not dps gear ? (At least seeing how it's better for me than the regular "tank" gear).
    Yes, for the most part, ret gear without crit = tank gear. I have a few pieces where I use the same pieces in both roles - only changing the enchants and reforges when switching roles. Link your guild to EJ, to the sticky at the top of this forum, and do your best to convince them.

A note though, it is both tank and dps gear. Saying it's not dps gear is inaccurate. You are still going to compete with plate dps wearers as long as the pieces have no crit on them.