Healing Trinkets (w/Math)

According to Kalmah's calculations (below), Relic (DMC) and Qin-Xi's provide more regen AND throughput than Jade Figurine/Scroll of Revered Ancestors.

Spirits of the Sun (H) ilvl 509 - 1300 int, 7796 spi 20s, 105s ICD
    Average stats: 1300 int / 1485 spi

Qin-xi's Polarizing Seal (H) ilvl 502 - 1218 spi, 3653 int 20s, 45s ICD
    Average stats: 1623 int, 1218 spi

Spirits of the Sun ilvl 496 - 1152 int, 6908 spi 20s, 105s ICD
    Average stats: 1152 int, 1315 spi

Jade Courtesan Figurine ilvl 489 - 1079 int, 3595 spi 15s, 60s CD
    Average stats: 1079 int, 899 spi

Qin-xi's Polarizing Seal ilvl 489 - 1079 spi, 3236 int 20s, 45s ICD
    Average stats: 1438 int, 1079 spi

Scroll of Revered Ancestors ilvl 489 - 1079 int, 3595 spi 15s, 60s CD
    Average stats: 1079 int, 899 spi

Spirits of the Sun (LFR) ilvl 483 - 1021 int, 6121 spi 20s, 105s ICD
    Average stats: 1021 int, 1166 spi

Relic of Chi Ji ilvl 476 - 1157 int, 3027 spi 20s, 45s ICD
    Average stats: 1157 int, 1345 spi

Qin-xi's Polarizing Seal (LFR) ilvl 476 - 956 spi, 2866 int 20s, 45s ICD
    Average stats: 1274 int, 956 spi

Regen ranking :
    Spirits (H) > Relic of Chi Ji > Spirits > Qin-Xi's (H) > Spirits (LFR) > Qin-Xi's > Qin-Xi's (LFR) > Jade Courtesan Figurine = Scroll of Revered Ancestors

Throughput ranking :
    Qin-Xi's (H) > Qin-Xi's > Spirits (H) > Qin-Xi's (LFR) > Relic of Chi Ji > Spirits > Jade Courtesan Figurine = Scroll of Revered Ancestors > Spirits (LFR)
    However, according to Icyveins, the BiS trinkets for holy priests are Qin-xi's Polarizing Seal and Jade Courtesan Figurine.
    icy-veins.com/holy-priest-wow-pve-healing-gear-loot-best-in-slot

Additionally, Mr. Robot also ranks the trinkets differently: askmrrobot.com/wow/trinkets/priestholy And i'm not really too sure what their assigned number means. Is that a point system?

Thoughts?

Hey, funny timing. There's another thread talking about this for Resto Shamans.

FIRST - I want to point out that the Relic of Chi Ji is currently undervalued on Mr. Robot because we have an old version of the item (with 956 INT instead of 1157 INT). So, very soon you will see that updated. Sorry about that.

SECOND - here's more info about Mr. Robot's trinket page. We simulate every trinket for every class and spec, so we can determine the average uptime for the procc'd stat. That's the number you see on that trinket page, for example, the normal version of Qin Xi gets you 1175 Int on average. Next, Mr. Robot applies stat weights to the permanent stats as well as the procc'd stats. Then he determines the score and can figure out what's BiS.

Here's some example math:

Qin-Xi's Polarizing Seal (LFR Mogu'Shan Vaults)
    956 Spirit * 0.65 = 624
    1041 avg procced int * 1 = 1041
    Total score: 1662

Scroll of Revered Ancestors (Valor Points)
    1079 Int * 1 = 1079
    957 avg procced spirit * 0.65 = 623
    Total score: 1700

Spirits of the Sun (Terrace of Endless Spring LFR)
    1021 Int * 1 = 1021
    1170 avg procced spirit * 0.65 = 760
    Total score: 1781

UPDATED Relic of Chi Ji *** (We have an old version of the trinket, which has 956 Int on it, instead of 1157. That's why Mr. Robot is putting it lower. We will update this asap)!!!!
    1157 Int * 1 = 1157
    1079 avg procced spirit * 0.65 = 701
    Total score: 1858
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Thanks so much for the response!

I'm looking at the numbers and can you point out where the frequency of proc is accounted for? You say its the number on the page but here it looks like that number is determined by multiplying the stat and stat weight.

Thanks again!

The number you see on that trinket page is the avg amount of that stat you get from the procs. We code in the ICD and proc chance, then simulate that class and spec using the trinket. So if there's a 10% chance to proc and a 15 sec cooldown, we model that in the simulator. Then the number you see on the trinket page is the average amount of that stat you get from the trinket. Did that make sense? If not, ask again - it's possible I just need a little more evening-coffee
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Deleted
    As I said in the previous thread

Quote Originally Posted by Halaberiel View Post
    Bear in mind most, if not all, of those trinkets have a 15% proc chance. Consequentially averaging like that gives a distorted view of how much stats you're actually getting. For example Qin-xi is suppose to have a ~44% uptime but I usually end up with 35-40%. The same can be said for Relic of Chi Ji & the other trinkets. When you bear this in mind Qin-xi is actually probably the best regen trinket out there.

I would probably go with Qin-xi & Spirits of the Sun. Chi Ji is obscenely good for its ilv though.

Jade Courtesan Figurine really needs a buff...
    The uptime depends on the class, a druid is likely to have higher uptime than a disc priest for instance. I am going for Qin-xi & Spirits of the Sun for BiS.

Remember also that the Chi Ji spirit procc is being nerfed next patch. 5.1 is already in release version so it's only a matter of weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    Remember also that the Chi Ji spirit procc is being nerfed next patch. 5.1 is already in release version so it's only a matter of weeks now.
    Your information is inaccurate. The trinkets are not being nerfed. Chalk it up to incorrect interpretation of data mined info.

Quote Originally Posted by maltese View Post
    Your information is inaccurate. The trinkets are not being nerfed. Chalk it up to incorrect interpretation of data mined info.
    Really? O.o

Oh I see it now. That's excellent news! x)

I'll be going with Spirits + Relic. I prefer static int with spirit procs more than the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    The number you see on that trinket page is the avg amount of that stat you get from the procs. We code in the ICD and proc chance, then simulate that class and spec using the trinket. So if there's a 10% chance to proc and a 15 sec cooldown, we model that in the simulator. Then the number you see on the trinket page is the average amount of that stat you get from the trinket. Did that make sense? If not, ask again - it's possible I just need a little more evening-coffee
    Ah, that makes sense. So that page shows the average of that stat, but doesn't reflect stat priority which must still be accounted for...and thats the math you provided above. While Qin-Xi's Polarizing Seal (LFR) provides more stat, on average, than Jade Figurine/Scroll of Revered Ancestors, the latter are better trinket choices due to stat priority (Int>Spi)?

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Pirek22; 2012-11-15 at 12:21 AM.