Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Healing Trinkets - any maths done?

    Has anybody come across or done any math on the new trinkets? I am wondering which are best to use pre-raid. Obviously the DMC card is a no-brainer (if you're lucky enough to get it), but what about between the less obvious choices?

    Price of Progress (http://www.wowhead.com/item=81266)
    +847 Intellect
    Requires Level 90
    Item Level 463
    Equip: Your healing spells have a chance to grant 5082 mana.

    Vial of Ichorous Blood (http://www.wowhead.com/item=81264)
    +847 Intellect
    Requires Level 90
    Item Level 463
    Use: Increases your Spirit by 4241 for 20 sec. (2 Min Cooldown)

    ^ These both have the same stats, but has anyone figured out which of the extra effects works out to more regen? Are they identical or does one work out to be better than the other?

    Also I have Heart of the Unliving (HC) and I am wondering where that measures up in terms of regen to these two, is it still worth to keep?

  2. #2
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    4
    Dont forget to add:

    Thousand-Year Pickled Egg
    +904 Intellect
    Requires Level 90
    Item Level 470
    Equip: Your direct healing and heal over time spells have a chance to increase your haste by 5082 for 10 sec.

  3. #3
    The best available trinkets at the moment are both Price of Progress, and Vial of Ichorous Blood together. You do not want to use Heart of the Unliving any longer. The brewfest trinket is shit. Obviously, the DMC is going to be better than the two listed, but that will be expensive and rare.

  4. #4

    Price of Progress is the third BiS regen trinket right now for regen, and far best before raiding / Conquest PVP is included.
    It's also pretty darned good for throughput.

    The proc has a 10 sec ICD, which assume you maximize it will be worth 30k mana per minute.You probably won't, but that's still pretty awesome.
    I personally believe this ICD is a bug. It's vastly overpowered compared to budget, and will probably be nerfed.

    Vial of Ichorous Blood is by comparison only worth ~8k mana per minute. By comparison, one of the Heroic Dragon Soul regen trinkets is able to match that. This seems to be the general state of regen trinkets in MoP. They're not really gamechanging anymore.

    Except Price of Progress. Get it
    You will replace it with some raid or PVP gear later, but until that point, it is fantastic.


    Invalidated by proper craftmanship done by twistedmind. Thanks
    Last edited by Danner; 2012-10-02 at 12:22 PM.
    Non-discipline since 2006. Also: fails. "Chakra, when the walls fell"

  5. #5
    As I listed in the wowhead.com/item=81266#comments section, the 10 sec ICD that was working in beta is now up to a 50 by my rough testing. This puts the price of progress regen equal to the Vial of Ichorous Blood, so it leads me to believe the new ICD is intended. And the Heroic Spine trinket from dragon soul is good spirit-wise, but don't count out the incredible loss of intellect by using it over one of these new trinkets.

    If you're looking to cheese your mana, the 2 piece tier 12 (firelands gear) proc scaled with our level 90 base mana, so you could slap it on for a ludicrous 6000 mp5 with only about a ~1000 int loss from using the intended 463 heroics gear. We'll see if this gets hotfixed after this patch, or we could see some really funny world firsts with only priests because of their near infinite mana.

  6. #6
    Jesus penis. I just tried the firelands 2 set. I went from 463 > 453 ilvl. Lost about 1000 spell power, 70 base regen from spirit, some secondary throughput stats, but gained 6000 MP5. Actually think I'll be using this for raiding this week.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedmynd View Post
    As I listed in the wowhead.com/item=81266#comments section, the 10 sec ICD that was working in beta is now up to a 50 by my rough testing. This puts the price of progress regen equal to the Vial of Ichorous Blood, so it leads me to believe the new ICD is intended. And the Heroic Spine trinket from dragon soul is good spirit-wise, but don't count out the incredible loss of intellect by using it over one of these new trinkets.

    If you're looking to cheese your mana, the 2 piece tier 12 (firelands gear) proc scaled with our level 90 base mana, so you could slap it on for a ludicrous 6000 mp5 with only about a ~1000 int loss from using the intended 463 heroics gear. We'll see if this gets hotfixed after this patch, or we could see some really funny world firsts with only priests because of their near infinite mana.
    Congrats on getting it hotfixed.

    In the future, when someone tells you a clever use of game mechanics, don't post it on public forums so that every idiot can spread the idea.

    Great job at making sure that priests will stay on the bottom of healing charts

  8. #8
    Field Marshal Niight974's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Reunion Island
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by cuisdy View Post
    Congrats on getting it hotfixed.

    In the future, when someone tells you a clever use of game mechanics, don't post it on public forums so that every idiot can spread the idea.

    Great job at making sure that priests will stay on the bottom of healing charts
    Ahahah you really think only you has seen that ?? Quite raging for nothing
    C'était mieux demain !

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Niight974 View Post
    Ahahah you really think only you has seen that ?? Quite raging for nothing
    No, I expected several people to find it. I didn't expect someone to be dumb enough to spread it on a public forum to ensure we couldn't use it.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by cuisdy View Post
    Congrats on getting it hotfixed.

    In the future, when someone tells you a clever use of game mechanics, don't post it on public forums so that every idiot can spread the idea.

    Great job at making sure that priests will stay on the bottom of healing charts
    Or you can not be an asshole? I don't know.
    The inevitable hotfix is good, because if Priests do start using it and needing it to compete, I'd rather that be nerfed and we be brought up elsewhere to be competitive (like the Solace/base mana cost changes). Rather than using outdated and poor mechanics to try and stay ahead.

    It's a good thing to point this out, even try to get blue posts to say "Y'know, this probably isn't intended" so that Priests doing world firsts don't cheese it to get by, which in turn gets the class nerfed as a whole.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  11. #11
    Field Marshal Niight974's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Reunion Island
    Posts
    84
    expect to see top guild getting world first tomorrow wih 5 healing priest in fireland set and then blizz go "Ban Ban Ban" over their head with the " Not intended blablabla "
    C'était mieux demain !

  12. #12

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Or you can not be an asshole? I don't know.
    The inevitable hotfix is good, because if Priests do start using it and needing it to compete, I'd rather that be nerfed and we be brought up elsewhere to be competitive (like the Solace/base mana cost changes). Rather than using outdated and poor mechanics to try and stay ahead.

    It's a good thing to point this out, even try to get blue posts to say "Y'know, this probably isn't intended" so that Priests doing world firsts don't cheese it to get by, which in turn gets the class nerfed as a whole.
    I have no doubt that they'll eventually buff priests. It'll probably be similar to cata where it takes them three weeks (Note: That's not an exaggeration, go check patch notes from then.) Meanwhile priests ride the bench during arguably the funnest week of raiding (The first one). Disc already sucks, and holy can't compete with a resto druid. The EXACT SAME thing happened in Cata (except for sinesta, I'll admit on a fight with infinite mana, disc did shine), and honestly, who could blame guilds going for server firsts for doing that?

    And before 'Choose a casual guild if you can't stand sitting' mentality, sitting isn't what I'm annoying at, sitting when players who are WORSE than me are brought simply because their class can perform better than mine, that's what annoys me.

    Also before 'it takes them time to balance, you're stupid if you expect it to be right day 1', issues have been brought up all throughout Beta (Which were promptly ignored by the 'Beta is Beta' idiots) and were never addressed.

    And before 'you're a baddie, play better' look at WoL scores for druids compared to priests.

    TL;DR
    It doesn't make me an asshole to get annoyed to watch 'not even exploit kinds of exploits' get hotfixed, yet blatantly obvious balancing buffs take forever to arrive

  14. #14
    Cheers for the reply, looks like I will be using those 2 blue trinkets then (once I get the vial, that is). As for the FL set thanks for the pointer, it's a shame I have disenchanted it ages ago though, and already used the item restoration service this month, but oh well I'm sure it will get nerfed so it's not 90-viable in the not too distant future... sounds incredibly OP indeed.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by cuisdy View Post
    I have no doubt that they'll eventually buff priests. It'll probably be similar to cata where it takes them three weeks (Note: That's not an exaggeration, go check patch notes from then.)
    Patch notes were a tooltip update. It took 7 days. December 14th hotfixes. That's how long the "mana bar matters" ideology lasted for Holy Priests/Shaman (and it was only for Holy Priests and Shaman all beta, go fucking figure).

    Also before 'it takes them time to balance, you're stupid if you expect it to be right day 1', issues have been brought up all throughout Beta (Which were promptly ignored by the 'Beta is Beta' idiots) and were never addressed.
    Things like a mana bar actually mattering to flash heal spamming idiots do need to be slammed upside the head. They're part of the reason for "beta is beta, stfu" crowds, because they see something that doesn't work with their playstyle and expect it fixed, and we're all supposed to deal with their bitching. Sorry it is that way, but the retards are a big reason for "Beta is beta" idiots.

    TL;DR
    It doesn't make me an asshole to get annoyed to watch 'not even exploit kinds of exploits' get hotfixed, yet blatantly obvious balancing buffs take forever to arrive
    Balancing buffs and gamebreaking exploits are two different leagues of fixing, and they aren't even done by the same teams. But what makes you an asshole is expecting to keep the old tier bonus as a "hush-hush" and calling someone out for pointing it out as something grossly imbalanced because you hoped to take advantage of it.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  16. #16
    There is actually a talent well suited for those liking a flash heal heavy healing style. FDCL. Take it. With it you can get 6-8 flash heals per minutes for free! That's excessively much in my opinion, and if you need to cast fheal more than that, you REALLY need to do something about your healing habits anyway.

    In fact, take FDCL regardless of your preference to that spell. It's really awesome and the amount of mana it saves you is incredible; far outstripping the alternatives. I must admit I was struggling a bit with mindbender (may have been due to tank being retrigeared), and Solace+serenity is just underperforming compared to FDCL+chastise in my opinion. We'll see how that works out in raids tonight... if I can get my "Nvidia 5xx" issues under control.
    Non-discipline since 2006. Also: fails. "Chakra, when the walls fell"

  17. #17
    I discarded the brewfest egg because I want some regen on my trinkets, while learning new bosses.

    The darkmoon card seems an obvious choice, but which one of the above (empty fruit barrel, vial of ichorus blood, or price of progress) provides the most mp5?

    edit: anyone have the time to test the ICD of barrel/price of prog?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedmynd View Post
    If you're looking to cheese your mana, the 2 piece tier 12 (firelands gear) proc scaled with our level 90 base mana, so you could slap it on for a ludicrous 6000 mp5 with only about a ~1000 int loss from using the intended 463 heroics gear. We'll see if this gets hotfixed after this patch, or we could see some really funny world firsts with only priests because of their near infinite mana.
    It has been hotfixed, only getting 480 mana every 5 sec of it now sadly =(

  19. #19
    Kelesti, if I ran rampant through this thread calling people asshole and cursing, would I get infracted or banned? Please police yourself as well as everyone else.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzzen View Post
    Kelesti, if I ran rampant through this thread calling people asshole and cursing, would I get infracted or banned? Please police yourself as well as everyone else.
    Rules don't apply to mods on hardly any sites, that's nothing new. It's not worth getting bent out of shape about.

    I did find it more ironic than usual that I was referred to as an asshole for 'trying to tell other people what they should say' when he did the same thing to me.

    Either way, the discussion on regen is far more important than getting annoyed at other people. Given the performance of priests across the board on WoL, using every advantage at our disposal is extremely important.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •