• Yes but a few changes would work.

6 6.06%
  • No it works just fine.

68 68.69%
  • I hate this idea.

23 23.23%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I have a much much better system than you, the current and the past system.

First of all we re-introduce the roll system, now you can only roll on a item that you dont have (either if it's from lfr, normal or heroic), the item must fit your SPEC. Meaning that a intellect cloth gear piece with hit&haste will only be able to be rolled by locks, mages, spriest. Let's say one of the mages in this raid has this piece from normal, he wont be able to roll on it. Now we also let offspecs greed on this item, meaning that a discpriest will be able to get this item if none of the players that needs it either wants it or perhaps already have it.

This system will let you never get the same item you already have.
    It will also be more fair with rolling instead of the system choosing you to get an item.

example: me and a friend plays lfr for 5 weeks in a row, first week my friend gets tier gloves token, next week he gets tier gloves tokens again, and so on for 5 weeks, now if it would have been like my system, he wouldnt get any more gloves tokens, beacuse he already have it, and wont be able to roll, so the other people who dont have it will probably have a bigger chance of getting them.

With this system the loot will get more fair, you'll get gear faster, and u will never get the same item that u already have.

10+ Year Old Account
    System works fine to me.

I've had a few days on the DK where I got no loot, on the paladin however I got 4 items yesterday (in first 2 parts LFR).

The system is fine. Quite sure if I had to roll using Cata systems, I wouldn't got an upgrade cause people would've picked it up for OS.

10+ Year Old Account
    well, it would be nice to being able to auto DE the loot you don't need atleast.

although that would probably flood the market as theoreticly, a loot more loot is available. shame bout the RNG ^^

Deleted
    Why fix a system that isn't broken?

Also saying 'it's broken' doesn't make it so, now you can say 'I don't like it' and if you're a big boy you can use your words to explain why, but simply saying 'it is' isn't going to get you very far when it clearly (and I do mean obviously) isn't.

Here's a simple test for you, ask.

I've been in a few LFR runs when after the boss someone's said 'so who got what then?' and then a whole bunch of stuff was linked, would that make you feel better?

I mean it wouldn't change anything RNG is still RNG and you won't get anymore loot than you would have done but it seems that's not the point with all these types of posts, you just want to know what other people got right?

Ok if this systems not flawed and its supposed to know your class specc etc.. then why the fluck did i get the same damn shoulders im wearing already off the troll boss again . I mean even this bonus roll should take into account class/ specc..or hell check to see if your wearing that piece already or is this too much wishful thinking. Dont get me wrong i guess i could do the shoulders up for mut specc but imo its rather like insult to injury to do all 6 bosses and get nothing of value but a pair of shoulders that i ALREADY have r gold which im already swimming in due to the dailies ecrafting etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbayne View Post
    Ok if this systems not flawed and its supposed to know your class specc etc.. then why the fluck did i get the same damn shoulders im wearing already off the troll boss again . I mean even this bonus roll should take into account class/ specc..or hell check to see if your wearing that piece already or is this too much wishful thinking. Dont get me wrong i guess i could do the shoulders up for mut specc but imo its rather like insult to injury to do all 6 bosses and get nothing of value but a pair of shoulders that i ALREADY have r gold which im already swimming in due to the dailies ecrafting etc.
    Because you could get that before too. there's no reason you shouldn't get that now. It's a <random roll from the loottable>.
    The other would just make it even faster to gear up, and it's allready pretty fast. I had ilvl 372 within 3 weeks of the expansion. That's pretty fast in my opinion.
    If it gets faster they could as well give you a bag with all the loot in the second you ding 90. No need to kill bosses, and have agonizing lootrolls, that ruins your day and life giving you MORE of the same gear you might not even have gotten one of with the old system <.<
    Spend your charms on bosses you have no gear from if you don't like getting duplicates, untill you have coins enough. With 6 bosses and only 3 possible coins pr week this should be an very easy solution

Edit: It does take your spec into account, as long as it isn't sha of anger. He doesn't seem to care, but i guess it's on purpose due to him dropping pvp-gear too.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbayne View Post
    Ok if this systems not flawed and its supposed to know your class specc etc.. then why the fluck did i get the same damn shoulders im wearing already off the troll boss again.
    You know your example proves it works right? You got an item you can use, rather than say an agility trinket when your a mage.

I feel the need to explain that the new system does improve you chances to get gear, or get gear you don't have. Only that any gear you do get, should be something you can use.

Imagine a boss drops 5 items, you can use 2 of them, the new system simply means if / when you win it'll be randomly one of the two items you can wear.

It doesn't mean if you have item 1 that next time you can only get item 2, it means you have an equal chance to get either IF you win loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before Change: I don't get free loot anymore, this loot system sucks, its broken GG Blizzard.

After Change:: GG Blizz now everyone is getting free loots again, how about next time you just hand us the loot the moment we enter the instance next time.

I only thing i suggest is once you have something you can't get it again

People will complain no matter what Blizzard does

"Don't fix something that isn't broken"

Credit goes to Gnowo for posting something similar in another thread & gave me the idea.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2012-11-14 at 11:24 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    The only "fixes" I can think of is: reduce the chance for dropping something you have already (exclude tier tokens, one handed weapons if you can DW and two handed weapons too, if you roll as fury warrior)

Another nice addition would be the option to roll for offspecs, like a small window popping up after a bosskill, you select the spec you want loot for and hope for the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right...well I'm pretty sure the talk will go down hill after the third page so if a mod could end this thread I'd appreciate it. Thank you all for the feed back and opinions though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    Right...well I'm pretty sure the talk will go down hill after the third page so if a mod could end this thread I'd appreciate it. Thank you all for the feed back and opinions though.
    So what you actually mean is (as of writing) that around 90% of the replies to the poll have told me I'm wrong, so I'll try and back away.

You're allowed to not like something, that's fine, but if you do try and explain why not just 'it's broken' because as people have said and shown, it's not, so why should we listen to your ways to 'fix' it?

What is it you think it broken? I'm not saying we'll convince you to like it, but if it's simply a case of not understanding then maybe we can clear that up

The system is better than it was before

The only flaw is people getting loot they already have, however, this isn't just a quick fix where blizzard put a code in that stop you winning the same loot twice because...

Some gear works with both specs, e.g. a disc priest with say 436 shoulders in his shadow offspec sees a 476 shoulder drop with spirit on them, their obv going to take them, yes they can use the healing ones they might already have, but its more convientant to have two, and if their a solid raider then the gemming and reforging might be different

Some people have two sets of gear for their spec, e.g. they might have a mastery set and a haste set, if you stop them getting the same loot twice, your giving them problems

Tokens, again to do with specs, if someone has healing and tank spec, and their main is healing, which they gear with lfr tokens, and they go back in to start on their tank set, and the system doesn't let them have a token, it wont work

with any of the above reason, it changes the odd with people winning loot, some get a increased chance, while others would have a obv lower chance, this then leads to QQ and blizzard bashing
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    So what you actually mean is (as of writing) that around 90% of the replies to the poll have told me I'm wrong, so I'll try and back away.

You're allowed to not like something, that's fine, but if you do try and explain why not just 'it's broken' because as people have said and shown, it's not, so why should we listen to your ways to 'fix' something?

What is it you think it broken?
    Actually I want it closed cause all I wanted was feed back and suggestions and so fat the main suggestions were to keep the current system but enabling trade and disenchant or rolls for off spec . And I didn't say it was broken I said it was not liked by everyone, and I really don't want to abandon a thread I started or keep coming back to repeat myself. And also I have this strict belief that after the third or fourth page threads just go downhill.
    Also eventhough majority of the post were helpful some always seemed to be alittle insulting for no reason so I figure I nip that in the bud before it gets worse, but I did appreciate all the responses and I can assume how the voting will keep going.
    Last edited by nightguard; 2012-11-14 at 11:33 AM.

I think the one and only thing that needs to get fixed is the dupe items you can receive over and over again. Once you receive pants for example then that should be taken off your table as any "reasonable" person would when rolling on items (yes I know in LFR world you roll need on everything for personal greed, but think of if you were in your guild group). I have a guild mate that has received the PVP gloves every single week off Sha which admittingly is pretty annoying for someone that only plays PVE. Even once got the gloves, used the coin, and got the gloves again. Things like that need to not be possible imo. I believe he even ticketed that to.

Other then that you just have to live with the system. It isn't bad.

What you have to remember is we, the community, made the system have to turn to this since everyone rolled need on everything, everyone traded items to guild mates, and in the end everyone was a total jerk off when it wasn't this way. Live and learn not to be a douche bag and you wouldn't have to deal with stuff like this. Greed got us here so live with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I think the one and only thing that needs to get fixed is the dupe items you can receive over and over again. Once you receive pants for example then that should be taken off your table as any "reasonable" person would when rolling on items (yes I know in LFR world you roll need on everything for personal greed, but think of if you were in your guild group). I have a guild mate that has received the PVP gloves every single week off Sha which admittingly is pretty annoying for someone that only plays PVE. Even once got the gloves, used the coin, and got the gloves again. Things like that need to not be possible imo. I believe he even ticketed that to.

Other then that you just have to live with the system. It isn't bad.

What you have to remember is we, the community, made the system have to turn to this since everyone rolled need on everything, everyone traded items to guild mates, and in the end everyone was a total jerk off when it wasn't this way. Live and learn not to be a douche bag and you wouldn't have to deal with stuff like this. Greed got us here so live with it.
    You actually do have a nice point about that.

What I think would work is, whenever you win a piece of loot, you should get a popup with the options "take", "disenchant" and "sacrifice". If you sacrifice an item, you should get a higher chance at loot from LFR until you win another piece, at which point you can choose to sac again to reapply the buff, or take one of the other options and the buff will disappear. That way you'll have more chance at getting an item that you actually need
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    Not great. Let's say there's a trinket that's a very great upgrade for me, but the normal/heroic version hasn't dropped for me yet. This could potentially lock me out of a legitimate upgrade if my other gear averages out too high, plus it's not like my chance at it affects anybody else's in the raid anyway.
    True. But, there'd be no point in you getting the LFR trinket if you're just going to shard it a week later with the normal version. LFR endgamers get a hell of a lot more use out of LFR items than Normal and Heroic raiders.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

system is working fine and do not need to be fixed.

If you get 2 of the same item. Sell it. Easy as that. you did not ninja it from someone

Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    Actually I want it closed cause all I wanted was feed back and suggestions and so fat the main suggestions were to keep the current system but enabling trade and disenchant or rolls for off spec . And I didn't say it was broken I said it was not liked by everyone, and I really don't want to abandon a thread I started or keep coming back to repeat myself. And also I have this strict belief that after the third or fourth page threads just go downhill.
    Also eventhough majority of the post were helpful some always seemed to be alittle insulting for no reason so I figure I nip that in the bud before it gets worse, but I did appreciate all the responses and I can assume how the voting will keep going.
    What happened to "It's only day 1 of a month long poll"?

It needs some fix ffs. I received the same chest piece like 3 times now and I can't trade it or give it away. It's stupid. Taking the human element out of it was the dumbest thing they've done.