2 2.02%
  • Yes but a few changes would work.

6 6.06%
  • No it works just fine.

68 68.69%
  • I hate this idea.

23 23.23%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I like the disenchant option, maybe add in something where if you are wearing the piece already, or have better, you just get a shard automatically. I could live with the off-spec choice for loot, even though I don't think it is strictly necessary. Otherwise I think the current system works perfectly. Add in those 2 options above and I would actually want to see it implemented in 5-mans as well.

For some reason people have this misconception that they are not getting gear as fast as they used to. Certainly, some of the complainers are the very people whose bad behavior necessitated the switch to the new loot system in the first place, because they were able to game the system to increase the rate at which they acquired gear in ways that the new system prevents. But it seems that most of the complaints come down to nothing more than a perception that they are not getting gear as fast. Oddly enough, it has been proven that you are mathematically no less likely to get loot off a boss kill now than you were before, and in reality you are MORE likely to get gear because you are not having to deal with all the asshats trying to game the system. And that is before factoring in the bonus roll from Charms. So I wonder why this perception exists that the process is slower now, when all measurable evidence shows that it is at worst the same and in most cases faster?
    Last edited by Gurbz; 2012-11-14 at 03:16 PM.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    I like the disenchant option, maybe add in something where if you are wearing the piece already, or have better, you just get a shard automatically. I could live with the off-spec choice for loot, even though I don't think it is strictly necessary. Otherwise I think the current system works perfectly. Add in those 2 options above and I would actually want to see it implemented in 5-mans as well.

For some reason people have this misconception that they are not getting gear as fast as they used to. Certainly, some of the complainers are the very people whose bad behavior necessitated the switch to the new loot system in the first place, because they were able to game the system to increase the rate at which they acquired gear in ways that the new system prevents. But it seems that most of the complaints come down to nothing more than a perception that they are not getting gear as fast. Oddly enough, it has been proven that you are mathematically no less likely to get loot off a boss kill now than you were before, and in reality you are MORE likely to get gear because you are not having to deal with all the asshats trying to game the system. And that is before factoring in the bonus roll from Charms. So I wonder why this perception exists that the process is slower now, when all measurable evidence shows that it is at worst the same and in most cases faster?
    Wait what measurable evidence is that? You haven't provided any actual evidence. Only speculation and supposition. You have any actual data to back up your claims?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Wait what measurable evidence is that? You haven't provided any actual evidence. Only speculation and supposition. You have any actual data to back up your claims?
    Do the math yourself. In most situations the probability of a piece of gear you could use dropping AND you winning that piece of gear was much less than the straight 15% chance we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Do the math yourself. In most situations the probability of a piece of gear you could use dropping AND you winning that piece of gear was much less than the straight 15% chance we have now.
    Do you have some base line measurements we can use? Do you have a wide enough statistical universe to make that claim? WHERE IS YOUR EVIDENCE.

I never said I personally did it. There is a search function. Try using it. People on these forums, and others, who are far better at math than I am have broken it down multiple times.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Deleted
    I think they should allow you to trade the item if you REALLY do not need it, otherwise it is just a wasted item, I got 2 wasted items today in HoF LFR, I would have gladly given those up for someone who needed them which the old system allowed you to do. Seeing as there are only 4 items, they should show you the item that you've won and give you 2 options, "Accept" or "Pass", and pass will give the item to another random person in the raid who may need it.

Do you have some base line measurements we can use? Do you have a wide enough statistical universe to make that claim? WHERE IS YOUR EVIDENCE.
    I just gave you the evidence. I'm not going to do the math for you, but look at the bosses loot tables. For most bosses (in DS) that alone is less than 15% chance that something you could use would drop. Not even taking into account competition.

Quote Originally Posted by m00t View Post
    I think they should allow you to trade the item if you REALLY do not need it, otherwise it is just a wasted item, I got 2 wasted items today in HoF LFR, I would have gladly given those up for someone who needed them which the old system allowed you to do. Seeing as there are only 4 items, they should show you the item that you've won and give you 2 options, "Accept" or "Pass", and pass will give the item to another random person in the raid who may need it.
    Another common misconception. "I got an item I already have or I already have something better. Therefore someone else that could have used the item didn't get it cause Blizzard's system is not smart enough".

There is not set number of items the boss drops. No set maximum number of people who will win loot. While unlikely to the point of being functionally impossible, every single person in the raid could win an item off a single boss kill. Or everybody could get gold. You winning an item has no effect on anyone else. You are rolling against a number, not the others in the raid. It only seems like there is a set number of pieces the boss drops because the system is balanced to the point that about the same number of people will win gear as under the old system, 4 to 6 in a 25 man.

I think Blizzard needs to make it more transparent when someone wins loot in order to combat this perception. It wouldn't matter if everyone knew who got what pieces of loot since the gear is not tradeable anyway.
    Last edited by Gurbz; 2012-11-14 at 03:52 PM.

I just gave you the evidence. I'm not going to do the math for you, but look at the bosses loot tables. For most bosses (in DS) that alone is less than 15% chance that something you could use would drop. Not even taking into account competition.
    That isn't evidence. That's just pulling a figure out of your asshole.

What are you talking about? That's evidence. 6 of the 8 bosses in DS drop 30 items or more. Only 4 items can drop that's a 13% chance of something you can use dropping, again, not taking into account competition.

Just because you don't understand statistics and math doesn't mean that I'm pulling numbers out of my butt or not providing evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    As was already stated, it works fine. The only change they need to do is make it so you have a chance to get other items instead of just gold if you don't win a piece of loot AKA satchel.
    ^^^^ i dont need any gold tbh, and a chance to have lets say, potion, flask, even a tiny chance to have mount or pet would be awesome !

and i might be unlucky but since the start of lfr, with my 2 toon, doing all of the lfr, i got a total of 3 pieces :/...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...167?page=9#163

That is where the 15% number came from. Observed results show this to be reasonably correct, though it might be off by a couple percentage points either way. So no, he is not pulling a figure out of his ass. On any given boss kill, you have a roughly 15% chance at getting a piece of loot in LFR.

Under the previous system, you would have about the same chance that an item you could potentially use would even drop. THEN you have to roll against other people for it. Depending on how many people you were rolling against, your actual chance at getting gear usually ends up somewhere in the mid to high single digits.
    Last edited by Gurbz; 2012-11-14 at 04:33 PM.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...167?page=9#163

That is where the 15% number came from. Observed results show this to be reasonably correct, though it might be off by a couple percentage points either way. So no, he is not pulling a figure out of his ass. On any given boss kill, you have a roughly 15% chance at getting a piece of loot.
    Oh I assumed that he was talking about the chances in the old system. Thanks for pointing that out.

Oh I assumed that he was talking about the chances in the old system. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Could have been either. I just happened to have that quote handy. I'm fairly certain he's arguing just for the sake of arguing at this point, anyway.

I actually like the way it is. Imo, way better than the cataclysmic one.

Could have been either. I just happened to have that quote handy. I'm fairly certain he's arguing just for the sake of arguing at this point, anyway.
    Not really. I genuinely do think this system is poorer than the other because hey look at that I could trade people. In any event the 15% number claimed by the developers is vague and isn't given any comparison relative to the old system. In other words not proof that

Under the previous system, you would have about the same chance that an item you could potentially use would even drop.
    Or any of the other assertions that have been stated here.

Not really. I genuinely do think this system is poorer than the other because hey look at that I could trade people. In any event the 15% number claimed by the developers is vague and isn't given any comparison relative to the old system. In other words not proof that

Or any of the other assertions that have been stated here.
    "Around 15%" is a tiny bit vague but not really. I gave you comparison to the old system, you just, for some reason, think that showing evidence with statistics and math is the same as pulling numbers out of my butt. This is why it seems like you just want to argue for the sake of arguing.