Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Gold coins and Protectors of the Endless

So my guild just killed protectors on elite mode, and I coined the boss in hopes of that dagger... and I got it! The story doesn't end there however, as when I was equipping it I noticed... IT WAS HEROIC! We killed it on normal ofc, and it gave me heroic loot on the coin. Im pretty stoked about it seeing as its near BiS (not sure if the sha touched wep with a gem beats it out).

What do you think the odds are on me keeping this (not having a GM take it)?

This is my armory if you dont believe me: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cknez/advanced

Yup, can confirm if you kill it in elite. You should be able to keep the item but it will be hotfixed within a day most likely (so get those kills in now, guys!).

Deleted
    Lucky devil.

It could go either way, on one hand - they often don't remove items if the error was on their side, on the other - heroic items shouldn't be available yet, so it would be pretty easy for them to see who got an item they shouldn't technically be able to have yet and swap it out for the normal version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nar since its was blizz fault you will keep it. As in not acquired from an exploit. You are just lucky, it will prob never happen again so stab lots of things to death with it while its useful .
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    As in not acquired from an exploit.
    That's a bold statement to make on a very shades of grey argument.

I think the most agreeable definition of an explot as you can find is "doing something that results in an outcome that shouldn't happen", there's nothing wrong with using saronite bombs on the LK, but when that results in his platform respawning - it's an exploit. There's nothing wrong with using a token on the boss, but when that results in you getting heroic loot from a normal encounter, perhaps that's an exploit? Intentional, no. But easily detectable and easily fixed.

Being able to get heroic loot when heroic isn't available yet is as blatantly wrong as getting loot from a boss twice, which was the biggest problem with all the LFR loot "exploits" that were going on at launch.

I would not be surprised to see heroic items downgraded, though there's certainly a chance they'll be left alone.

i am bit off topic there. but what is elite mode and whats heroic elite?

Quote Originally Posted by hunteromg View Post
    Was about to ask that meself...

Deleted
    Its a way of obtaining a higher ilevel of loot by killing a boss in a more difficult way. So, for the 1st boss in TOES you can choose a more difficult kill order of the Protectors in order to have a chance of getting Elite level loot.

Deleted
    Most likely all loot rolled from coins will be reverted to elite normal. Blizzard cannot take the loot away, (would be unfair too since it was a fair loot), but for the item to be changed since its easily noticeable those that gained the bugged coin roll weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    You're using a coin that Blizzard implemented in order to obtain a new roll chance. The fact they have the coin rolls on this boss using the elite kill order tied to the wrong difficulty of loot doesn't make it an exploit nor does it make it clever use of game mechanics -- it is simply an error. It's not misusing a loot system and cleverly distributing loot to specific players, nor is it bypassing an entire fight mechanic by using an engineering tool.

I don't think it's likely for Blizzard to revert the items obtained this way, but it's possible they'll plug it up right away.

Deleted
    I think protectors have a "hard mode", that being "elite" and on heroic it's "heroic elite".
    So if you do the HM on normal you get heroic(/elite?) loot and doing it on HC gets you heroic elite loot.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2012-11-14 at 06:43 AM. Reason: more text

Quote Originally Posted by Helfarch View Post
    Its a way of obtaining a higher ilevel of loot by killing a boss in a more difficult way. So, for the 1st boss in TOES you can choose a more difficult kill order of the Protectors in order to have a chance of getting Elite level loot.
    you mean like you could activate hard mode in ulduar? so bascily for this new raid we have normal kill, normal kill with activating "hard mode", then heroic kill and heroic kill with "hard mode"? if i got you right

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Was about to ask that meself...
    From what a quick google search tells me, Elite Mode is basically doing the bosses in a different order to get better loot. The trio of bosses gain new abilities after each of their fellow protectors dies, so some orders will presumably be harder than others (I haven't done it, so I don't know).

Think of it like the Iron Council in Ulduar.

Deleted
    you mean like you could activate hard mode in ulduar? so bascily for this new raid we have normal kill, normal kill with activating "hard mode", then heroic kill and heroic kill with "hard mode"? if i got you right
    It's like Iron council, 3 bosses and depending on the order the fight becomes harder. At the same time it has a normal and heroic mode so they had to add a new tag for it aka Elite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    As in not acquired from an exploit.
    Um yes it was, this is basically the definition of an exploit, the item won't be taken from you, but it will mysteriously turn into what it should have been, an elite normal drop

As to how to get elite loot: you need to kill Protector Kaolan last. It wasnt hard, we 2 shot it.

As to being an exploit, its not really like I did anything different... I just used a coin for the dagger, and was pleasently suprised!

obviously not intended, if blizzard finds out (which i'm sure they will) before the week ends they can easily revert all heroic elite gear to elite since heroic elite sn't even possible to obtain right now

Pretty sure this is the same as the Rag bug last Xpac. As Blizz stated then, they will not take away the mounts because those that got it did nothing outside of doing things normally. I would expect a hotfix but doubtful they will take the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post

I think the most agreeable definition of an explot as you can find is "doing something that results in an outcome that shouldn't happen", there's nothing wrong with using saronite bombs on the LK, but when that results in his platform respawning - it's an exploit. There's nothing wrong with using a token on the boss, but when that results in you getting heroic loot from a normal encounter, perhaps that's an exploit? Intentional, no. But easily detectable and easily fixed.
    It is 100% Blizzards' fault, it's not an exploit in any way, it's a pure bug on Blizzard's end - which will be fixed probably tomorrow - and people will keep their gear, just the item changed from Heroic to normal Elite. They will not leave them as Heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a heroic elite necklace.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins