Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    but melee movement and tacs just get bit in the way as I'm trying not to get killed by silly things and that could be probably the reason why I fail on the DPS side, but excuses, excuses, excuses. In general I need lot more of practice as DPS.
    actually this sounds like an interface problem. there is very little to deal with mechanically on spirit kings.

http://imgur.com/DUrLY

I can explain in depth if you want, but see how everything is nice and clean, right in the middle of my screen so I barely have to take my eyes off the game field? Its highly customized and works very well for me. For example, Since crits proc extra combo points, I need to be VERY aware of my CP.. but at the same time I dont want to stare at the damn things the whole fight. My solution was to make a lightning graphic behind my energy bar/CP tracker when i hit 5 combo points. I could have it make a noise or something like that, I know MSBT by default says "FINISH IT" etc.. Similarly on my mage I dont want to be watching my damage text the whole fight, so i made a flame explosion graphic come out of my cast bar area when i crit with pyroblast.

Sometimes the little things help a lot

10+ Year Old Account
    I can show you how my UI looks like as a screenshot with few added things. But can do so in the evening only as I am at work.

This is from our very first Feng kill few weeks ago. Was feral second or third time in a raid. I have improved with the uptime of things just a tiny bit since then... So try not to fall from your chair when you watch it please.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=7-9SmDmr148

The only thing what has changed is that the droodfocus stuff has moved bit more up and the skills are in the same line, not spread over 2 lines. The paw icon is my predatory swiftness proc and the fire thing is OoC. My ovale script single icon, which shows the spell I should use, is right next to the droodfocus bar.

I have no idea what else should I track and further more, where I should put it....
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2012-11-15 at 07:13 AM.

Okay that actually isnt too bad, although I think it might be taking up a little too much space a little too close to your field of vision. One thing that I always stress when discussing UI design is peripheral access to information - having access to information without actually looking at it. Let me give you an example of one way your UI is not ideal in this regard in comparison to mine.

Droodfocus is a neat addon, but it (like CLC and ovale) has one big flaw - you have to look at it! Since the icons are always changing (and sometimes moving too hahaa) you have to be constantly looking at it to get the information you need. Sure, it only takes a fraction of a second per buff or debuff to glance at it, read the number, process that information and decide what you have to cast next, but you're doing that glancing and processing constantly.

Now lets take an element of my UI as a counterexample:
    My savage roar shows the savage roar icon out of combat. As soon as I enter combat it pulses red when I don't have the buff. Once I put it up, it is a yellow progress bar in that same location. When the buff has 10 seconds left, the progress bar turns red. This is something I can see without actually looking at it (once I got used to it and internalized the indicator) and tells me that Its about time I thought about refreshing it, and now is the time I need to really pay attention. At this point, I might start glancing at it directly to see how many seconds are left so I know how to time my upcoming bleeds and prepare for the refresh.

While we're on the topic of savage roar, one thing I noticed in your video was your uptime - I'm sure you've improved it by now, so I won't say too much, but you really really need to make use of the glyph, especially when target switching if roar isnt already up. at the 2:30 mark in the vid you switch to the new king, get 5cp, SR, 5 more CP and rip which is at best 10 seconds (more realistically 15-20 seconds) of having no rip up, when you could have roared for zero CP and got a full rip up before refreshing roar

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 04:42 AM ----------

I think that point I'm trying to make is that perhaps you want to keep it simple. Do you really need a massive energy bar in the middle of your screen?
    Also, remember to prioritize properly - that means spend more of your focus on savage roar than anything else, since its so huge for your damage. Weakened armor, for example, is really not very important. There are a lot of fights where I hardly bother to keep it up. Garalon, for example, since I essentially get my bleeds up on a leg and then go back to dpsing the body, I dont bother to faerie fire on the legs (bleeds arent affected by armor).

Don't underestimate the importance of fight awareness on your dps. One thing that kills me, personally, is forgetting when I'm in execute range. Pick one thing that you have a problem with and try to improve it every raid, and eventually you'll be good at everything

10+ Year Old Account
    I am satisfied (more or less) with my DPS on Vizier - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z...um/damageDone/. I do believe that I have improved some what, though there were few times when my bleeds fell off, mainly either
    a) being MC
    b) DPSing MC people
    c) moving from attunation (and yes, I do concentrate more on not to get hit than my DPS)
    d) failing to pay attention

I believe I've found a decent place for my Droodfocus, where I can manage to watch the surroundings and my CD's.
    Thanks for the discussion in this thread. Seems that it was of use after all ^^

I am satisfied (more or less) with my DPS on Vizier - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z...um/damageDone/. I do believe that I have improved some what, though there were few times when my bleeds fell off, mainly either
    a) being MC
    b) DPSing MC people
    c) moving from attunation (and yes, I do concentrate more on not to get hit than my DPS)

I believe I've found a decent place for my Droodfocus, where I can manage to watch the surroundings and my CD's.
    Yeah you seem to be doing things about right - your autoattack is doing a bit more of your damage than I'd expect but I'm guessing thats due to your crit reforging on your bear gear instead of mastery prioritization. Should be fine like that. I dont haev to keep up weakened armor so its a little easier, considering that you're doing a good job. Your rip uptime is about the same as mine, so should be in a good spot, try to focus on improving your rake uptime and you should notice a good dps increase - rake is really amazing damage per energy.

Now not to be a debbie downer but overall dps on that fight is pretty low, you're going to struggle with Garalon's enrage if you can't pick it up. For reference, here is our dps on vizier (the spriest was a pug) which barely beat the enrage on garalon this week.

a) being MC
    b) DPSing MC people

Hey, worldoflogs looks somewhat okay from bleeding uptime / savage roar uptime but you really lack some proper cooldown management and that is probably the main reason why you are not pulling off proper DPS or the DPS you should. From what I've found in your log:
    - that you only used Berserk 3 times within a 9:51 fight. (1st at the start, 2nd after 3min, 3rd after 6min, 4th after 9min)
    - you used Berserking once (you need to macro it into Berserk -> #showtooltip Berserk /cast Berserk /cast Berserking /cast Nature's Vigil for example)
    - you are using HotW (also only once this fight where you could've used it twice) but you didn't do any damage with Wrath, for what reason are you using this cooldown then, its an okay raidcooldown if your raid needs the extra healing but you can also use the Nature's Vigil for that. (ofc a Tranq with HotW up is better but still)
    - you didn't use a pre-pot and no pot within the fight but still you use the 300 agility bufffood.
    - you only used your trinket Flashing Steel Talisman once in this fight, macro this into Tiger's Fury so you use it during berserk and once between the cooldowns every time.

These were the main things you could improve on and I'm 100% sure that following these steps your DPS could increase by more than 10000.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5o...e=392#Nijuuhue My parsing for that fight from this week and I even died in it

Hope this should give you more than enough information to improve
    Last edited by nijuu; 2012-11-21 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nijuu View Post
    Hey, worldoflogs looks somewhat okay from bleeding uptime / savage roar uptime but you really lack some proper cooldown management and that is probably the main reason why you are not pulling off proper DPS or the DPS you should. From what I've found in your log:
    - that you only used Berserk 3 times within a 9:51 fight. (1st at the start, 2nd after 3min, 3rd after 6min, 4th after 9min)
    - you used Berserking once (you need to macro it into Berserk -> #showtooltip Berserk /cast Berserk /cast Berserking /cast Nature's Vigil for example)
    - you are using HotW (also only once this fight where you could've used it twice) but you didn't do any damage with Wrath, for what reason are you using this cooldown then, its an okay raidcooldown if your raid needs the extra healing but you can also use the Nature's Vigil for that. (ofc a Tranq with HotW up is better but still)
    - you didn't use a pre-pot and no pot within the fight but still you use the 300 agility bufffood.
    - you only used your trinket Flashing Steel Talisman once in this fight, macro this into Tiger's Fury so you use it during berserk and once between the cooldowns every time.

These were the main things you could improve on and I'm 100% sure that following these steps your DPS could increase by more than 10000.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5o...e=392#Nijuuhue My parsing for that fight from this week and I even died in it

Hope this should give you more than enough information to improve
    Some very good points/observations here, one thing though - HotWs current status as a cooldown is somewhat weak, the talent is good for its passive agility alone even if you dont pop it and wrath at all. You *may* get a dps boost from using it with wrath, but you should A)have a good caster weapon and B) use it when you know you arent going to have to move (which might only be on the mind control platform)

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Some very good points/observations here, one thing though - HotWs current status as a cooldown is somewhat weak, the talent is good for its passive agility alone even if you dont pop it and wrath at all. You *may* get a dps boost from using it with wrath, but you should A)have a good caster weapon and B) use it when you know you arent going to have to move (which might only be on the mind control platform)
    I switch between HotW and DoC at some bosses, HotW is really good at Windlord for example and is 100% a dps increase if you use it properly to aoe the mobs at the boss and I'm pulling about 400k dps at this boss in the first minute. It's also good to use at Feng where you can use it to aoe the spirits in the heroic version of this encounter. The passive alone won't outweight a properly executed DoC rotation nor will it outdps Nature's Vigil with Berserk combined. (It's not hard to use at all, it doesn't even trigger the GCD so you can just safely bind it into a macro with Berserk / Berserking and other stuff).

Should add that using Wrath during HotW pulls off about equal dps, in some situations higher and you need to use it during bloodlust to maximize the casts you do in that 45 seconds and of course you need a caster weapon (using one with haste/crit from a 5man heroic). Keep in mind that using an agility potion is better then using a intellect one for HotW

#showtooltip
    /cast Heart of the Wild
    /use [weaponname1]
    /use [weaponname2]

That's the macro I'm using for it, after the duration you go into cat and immediately press it again to minimize the damage loss from triggering a 2nd gcd.
    Last edited by nijuu; 2012-11-21 at 07:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For my selection of HotW, I am using this as a passive ability to boost my agility. I do not feel comfortable using Wrath. I used HotW to heal the raid (after resto druid had used his Tranq) when we had the force and weave part on the last phase and people were getting low. And then I had to cancel my Tranq. soon after I started casting as the attunation was incoming. Usually we run with 3 druid (resto, balance and me) and then NV should be a choice as there are plenty of Tranq. around.

I am our guild OT, so am DPSing only fights what require 1 tank

I admit using my bigger DPS CD right (berserk, trinket, berserking) still needs bit of work and I start paying more attention. Having berserking and berserk as a macro is a good idea with my trinket into TF. I will get to that tonight (which would give me few extra keybinds that are free and I can have those at comfortable binds).

The CD tips are useful. TY nijuu.

As for our raid DPS... Well... As far as I recall my raid team has not excelled in DPS numbers much in past expansion and in this one. We do get our kills pretty close to enrage timers and with bit more gear (which actually shouldn't be the issue) we should get better results.