Poll: Are you happy with wows graphics?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Minecraft has good graphics, so I definitely have no issues with WoW. Hell, I still think some nes and snes games have good graphics.

Also, I built my computer in 2008 as a high end gaming tower. It was really good for the time, and definitely still stands up today. I can even play Skyrim on medium graphics with no lag except during the civil war questline (just due to how many characters are on screen at once). I don't make as much money as I did back then, so I definitely can't even drop $100 to upgrade my computer right now let alone a grand or two like my tower originally cost me.
    Last edited by zshikara; 2012-11-14 at 08:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing wrong with wow is texture quality and a few models. Both of which i predict wont be issues in xpac 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    3rd option.

I'm not going to quit just because of graphics. Personally, I don't really have THAT much of a deal with them, given with that dated engine, and what they cranked out for MoP, it looks pretty good. All I want is some new player models.
    Currently Procrastinating

The new generation looks good but that's it, Rift looked awesome and so did swtor but the gameplay and total package is so much worse than wow. The graphics (or lack of it) s part of wows charm imo, though I haven't played the game for the content for quite a while.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    I like it as it is. However i would not say no to have a WoW in a Skyrim style world. Witch we may see in the near future

I like them. I am happy they atleast still manage to squeeze in new technology like the lighting in MoP etc. Better water and sunrays did help. If they never added those tweaks it would've been far worse.

I didn't think the graphic was good even when i started the game, and i still don't think it's good at all. Considered i like tetris a lot i think i can manage wows 1997-like graphic :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Yes I am. I also play and enjoy GW2/terra graphics, but there is something cozy about WoW's graphics that is timeless and pleasant.

Only thing I would really like is a hide shoulder option, but that is not really a graphics thing.

Yes and second yes.

I played Aion some time ago, it was a horrid mess. No visual appeal at all.

It might not have the best graphics, but it has amazing aesthetics.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    I didn't think the graphic was good even when i started the game, and i still don't think it's good at all. Considered i like tetris a lot i think i can manage wows 1997-like graphic :P
    Wows graphics arent 1997. Id say they are as good as 2007-2008 release mmos.

Wow graphics are awesome. At least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Wows graphics arent 1997. Id say they are as good as 2007-2008 release mmos.
    I know the world is bigger in MMOS, but take a look at a game like the original half-life. That actually looks better i think. I have settings on ultra in wow and it doesn't impress me. I know they added things like lighting and such to it. The water and rain can look nice now, but i still feel like i'm stepping many years back compared to other games i play (obviously not tetris) ;D

I don't play other MMoS so can't say if you're right about it, but it doesn't sound right to me. Wow is limited by their engine back then. They've even admitted themself that if they could update the graphic they would love to.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I like about the graphics is that they fit the setting. And the animation quality is amazing. It really feels responsive in a way no other mmo have done. I don't think I would like WoW with more "realistic" graphics, because they wouldn't fit.
    Sure some things can be polished a bit, not much.
    "If you are going to do something, including being an alcoholic, don't half-ass it. /Cheers." - Vezrah, 2012

Deleted
    Haven't got a problem with the graphics, but I still wouldn't mind race updates.

I like its artstyle more than any MMO out there but i still need it to be improved.

Deleted
    I am very happy with the graphics. With the new models it will be even more amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the cartoon style of WoW.
    Howay the lads!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    I know the world is bigger in MMOS, but take a look at a game like the original half-life. That actually looks better i think. I have settings on ultra in wow and it doesn't impress me. I know they added things like lighting and such to it. The water and rain can look nice now, but i still feel like i'm stepping many years back compared to other games i play (obviously not tetris) ;D

I don't play other MMoS so can't say if you're right about it, but it doesn't sound right to me. Wow is limited by their engine back then. They've even admitted themself that if they could update the graphic they would love to.
    Half life looks horrible to me.

Comepare these

Half life

MoP

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very happy with the game's graphics since I got a new computer and could finally switch everything to ultra. The difference between a fair/good setting and ultra is just astounding.

That said, I'm fully aware that some of the models could use a major update (human player models are horrible when compared to newer races), but they're working on it, and it's otherwise not detrimental to my enjoyment of the game itself when something doesn't have as many polygons as it should.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh i love them, Nothing wrong imo, if they want to update textures and give things less corners lol, then that's fine, but it's not something i feel i "need" ^_^