Poll: Are you happy with wows graphics?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's a bit old, true, but I really like the style and much more than newer games like GW2, TERA and SWTOR. I'm just not a fan of the realistic'ish graphics.

15+ Year Old Account
    I prefer WoW's graphics over all games I have seen. I just love the style.

Why do people keep thinking the fxs havent gone up tru out the years hell in mop they added more fxs lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggasson View Post
    I like it as it is. However i would not say no to have a WoW in a Skyrim style world. Witch we may see in the near future
    Do you mean their MMO version?

I saw a quick video of it the other day, and they are actually using a similar type of graphics WoW uses. Can't relocate the video/article though, so might just be dodgy memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW ages very well, compared to the other mmos out there. I like the cartoony look it suits the game well.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Always thought that the cartoon style goes well with wow.

They have aged really well and the "add ins" they do between expansions keep it alive and well. I also think the style makes it work a little better with the "masses" that play the game. I only wish they allowed it to take more advantage of newer video cards. More of a mechanical over haul to bring it more up to modern times behind the scenes rather then a face lift to change the look and feel of the game.

Deleted
    The style is perfect. Even with the increased attention to detail they manage to keep the old sort of 'style'. The attention to detail in interiors in MoP is simply amazing.

I'm highly satisfied with WoW graphics.

Deleted
    I like the art style, more "realistic" gfx never really worked for me (and are that much closer to the infamous uncanny valley). And with the cartoony grafics, it's much easier to get good effects even on lowend machines. Another good point is that the cartoony grafics age extremely well.

Deleted
    The game looks pretty great on ultra settings for me, and to be honest, after seeing the new MMOs and their realistic graphics, I can't help but feel like they look absolutely awful. I mean, can you imagine playing WoW with Skyrim of Swtor graphics? How terrible and boring would that look.
    Last edited by mmoc9a374e54bb; 2012-11-14 at 11:36 AM.

I play on ULTRA as well, and tbh, WoW's graphics are PITIFUL compared to say, SWTOR.

The fact that so many people voted that they like WoW graphics makes me wonder if there are so many people out there with Pentium 4 PCs after all or that so many people posting here are fanboys who tend to lack common sense, thus making their opinion worthless.

I play WoW b/c it is a better game than SWTOR, but not because of WoW's terrible 7 year-old graphics engine.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I play on ULTRA as well, and tbh, WoW's graphics are PITIFUL compared to say, SWTOR.

The fact that so many people voted that they like WoW graphics makes me wonder if there are so many people out there with Pentium 4 PCs after all or that so many people posting here are fanboys who tend to lack common sense, thus making their opinion worthless.

I play WoW b/c it is a better game than SWTOR, but not because of WoW's terrible 7 year-old graphics engine.
    That pic looks TERRIBLE imho but that just me.

I like wow art style but I wouldn't mind if they tweak old race models, and some of the npc's as well.

I remember when i played SWTOR (at ULTRA settings) I used to stop and just stare at the breathtaking graphics. The last time this happened to me in WoW was in 2005, in Tanaris.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

For me, good graphics mean: can I understand what's happening in my screen? If the answer is yes then for me the graphics are great.

Deleted
    Having played both SWToR and WoW, I have to say: SWToR grafics are nice, but breathtaking? C'mon, you really gotta see a doc if that takes your breath. (Neither does WoW, mind you). Although I have to agree, Tatooine looks great and deserty.

Problem is, still images can look better (and usually do, if the one who took them is worth his salt) than the actual thing in motion. SWToR looks way more clunky than WoW when in motion (lets not mention more obvious clipping)

People, the argument of "Oh, but they have to keep the graphics 10+ years out of date to make sure everyone can play the game." Is not true.

OT: I quite like the art style, but a lot the assets need improving at this point.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    they've been adding graphical updates bit by bit, but most are in the form of higher res textures and higher density model meshes.

The thing that's still missing from wow that would instantly bring it in line with the any current gen game is a realtime lighting model, possibly a radiosity solution and the use of detailed specular and normal maps to apply light detail and reflections to the models.

I've always like the look and feel of WoW. I wouldn't mind if they upgraded the graphics though (new models, smoother animations, etc), but I like the style that they have.
    Last edited by Incognito Noctix; 2012-11-14 at 12:45 PM.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

I don't want new graphics, I want new game engine to have quad core support, performance would double :x