Poll: Are you happy with wows graphics?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    After a recent upgrade via TigerDirect, my tower was $250 and the new vid card another $50. I now run WoW, SWTOR, and D3 on Ultra graphics at 60 FPS. Prices have gotten so ridiculously cheap for upgrades these days it just made sense to spend some of my tax refund to improve the one thing in the house that I used the most

Nope, not with default settings, but it's okay after using FXAA Injector on it and adjusting the colors to be less ugly, just like in Diablo 3. Actually I can't stand the colorset these days without injector. Dunno how they made it right with SC2

I also agree on the technology part, things like physics simulation are really missing from the game (out of scripted events). It would feel more alive if things like wind would affect the leaves, water and so on and stuff could break into pieces... or even if bladestorm would knock the stuff around in battlegrounds! Now there is just this "nothingness", not even the bodies get affected by anything with force. Same with the audio part, it doesn't really utilize ambient world enough, everything fancy is missing from that side.

It's just not so immersive as it could be with todays stuff, but it's okay. However they should upgrade the race models if nothing else!

Voted "No, but it's not enough for me to quit over." The graphics aren't bad considering how old the game is, but there's always room for improvement. That said, the graphics also look way better in Mists than they did even in Cataclysm thanks to the new lighting/shadowing effects.

I don't care since I turn everything into Good every time I have to raid, better graphics wouldn't have mattered anyways

Stylistically, I absolutely love WoW's visuals.

That said, they could definitely be improved and overhauled. Just look at the difference between vanilla textures/models and MoP textures/models. Same overall style (that cartoony, bold colors look which WoW has always had); much better sense of detail. That needs to be applied across the entire game, imho.

some of wow's graphics really are from the half life era if you look at the pictures terridon posted, the mountains looks almost the exact same, also like others said the trees look awful. as far as water i turn my water settings to medium since medium, imo looks better then ultra. super real looking water vs everything else cartoony looks = very out of place water

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the graphics, character models and character creation of newer MMOs but I prefer the actual game content of WoW more so that's what I'm sticking with.

10+ Year Old Account
    The older models that have been around since BC/Vanilla could use an update, but most of what came after that is actually pretty good and falls in line with the whimsical high fantasy style from WCIII
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Old models could of course get an upgrade. But from the aestethic point, WoW is so much better then all the other realistic looking ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I play on ULTRA as well, and tbh, WoW's graphics are PITIFUL compared to say, SWTOR.

The fact that so many people voted that they like WoW graphics makes me wonder if there are so many people out there with Pentium 4 PCs after all or that so many people posting here are fanboys who tend to lack common sense, thus making their opinion worthless.

I play WoW b/c it is a better game than SWTOR, but not because of WoW's terrible 7 year-old graphics engine.
    I "lack common sense" because I like WoW's graphic style?
    Putin khuliyo

Yes, but it's starting to show. Good news for me though, they are getting updated so I won't care. The only thing that looks straight up terrible to me is the Warlock epic horse. Strait up looks like garbage.

No I'm definitely not satisfied with the graphics. I have a pretty damn nice computer and I would love to see them do a complete graphic overhaul. But yeah, it's not bad enough for me to quit or anything. I'd love to see them do what Everquest did and give you a choice of old school graphics or new shit. And yeah I know you can somewhat do that already by turning all the special effects all the way up, but that's just not enough for me. I'm considering getting Rift but...like many other people, I don't know if I'm ready to jump ship just yet. I'm still having plenty of fun with the game and that's what it's all about. Gameplay is incomparably more important than graphics to me, although no one ever said better graphics hurt a game.

Yes, I like bold, colourful graphics, I'm tired of grimdark or browngreyblack games. I like it's flat colour direction with basically mat, pastel tones. None of that glossy, everything looks like it's sweating effect seen in lots of games now.

I never really cared to think of it from a technical view until I played Aion and GW2 and started to suffer from having party members having frame rate issues and slowing things down or having to stop everyone to fix it. Personally I'm far more on the camp of wanting solid 60 FPS rather than fancy graphics.
    Last edited by Preston Maxtor; 2012-11-14 at 11:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im never satisfied with anything. Whatever it is I always want more/better ect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot stand the "Polar Express" graphics of other MMOs
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not really sure any game get get aesthetically better looking. I do agree though on physics,textures etc, but its just not possible with a game this old. For how old it is i think its amazing. Better looking then any game mmo or not pre 2005.

I think the game's graphics are perfect for the aesthetic they display (a cartoony feel while still maintaining a bit of grittiness). I'd say the overall aesthetic of the game is miles ahead of any MMO ever released.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla graphics was easy on my eyes as a tank/dps melee but now it's all about glitter shiny seizure approved effects. but it may just be me since i'm color blind too many colors or faded clear mobs makes it hard for me to see. I have color blind mode on still doesn't help but the game is fine as it is the more high quality the more band it requires.

Deleted
    Needs a bit of polishing and renewing, otherwise it's fine.

Im happy with it