Deleted

What is wrong with getting a few rep points per mob kill?

Now I know that Blizzard does not like us getting reps in dungeons using tabards, but what problem can they possibly have with getting rep for a specific faction by grinding mobs in the world?

Today I may do the dailies, but tomorrow I may just want to go out to some other zone and mindlessy kill me some mobs. Now if that awards some rep toward a faction of my choice or to the faction that is present in that specific zone, then does that not give us so much more freedom to do what we want without breaking the game?

Or will it break the game in some way that I cannot see?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would just lead to people certain camping areas all day long just like they did for the critter kills achievement. We also had that sort of thing in TBC in the Auchindoun dungeons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    It would just lead to people certain camping areas all day long just like they did for the critter kills achievement. We also had that sort of thing in TBC in the Auchindoun dungeons.
    Not if they limit the rep that you can gain for a faction to the same amount that you would get from doing the dailies. If you can get 600 rep points per day for Golden Lotus via the dailies, then you can only get the same via mob killing.

It is just providing people with choice as a MMO is supposed to.

That will certainly make botters' life much easier!

The point in making rep daylie quest based oposed to mob/dungeon grind based, is that it gates the amount of ppl on the later stages, it is (was?) still possible to get rep up faster then the daylie limit by either farming the rep monkey (scritch has a 8% chance to drop an item that increases pandaria faction reps), but that one got nerfed from unlimited uses/week and 1k (1.1k after perks) rep to all, to give 110 rep to the Golden lotus/klaxxi/shadowpan and 1.1k for the rest, ontop of being a 1 time per week thing.

Alternative to this way of getting rep, was to farm faction specific items from ground objects or mobs.

Klaxxi: shards (20 per turnin), of any dread waste mob
    Lotus: Guo-Lai keys, used to open a chest that contains a 165 rep item, and has a chance to contain a 385 rep one aswell, ontop of crafting mats/recipes and some gold
    Cloud serpent: onyx eggs
    Tillers: dirtpile items (indirectly, as the npcs gave extra quests at certain friendship lvls, which also increased tiller rep), or alternatively buying LOADS of seeds and plant + shovel away until you get "bursting" ones= direct harvest for 55 rep/crop.

MoP was designed to have certain rewards available after a while (unless you used extra ways of getting rep, beyond the daylies), causing ppl to work on the rep for a few weeks, rather then getting burned out by running instances till exalted (with everything) in the first 3 days, like they were able to in cata.

I myself prefer the daylie softcap as rep gain, not only because it is more logical (you help the faction= you gain rep, why would they care if you kill mobs that are nowhere near them and are not part of their direct enemy faction?), and delays the rewards for a bit under normal gameplay, rather then making them a case of who spammed inrelevant dungeons more.

Deleted
    How about being able to pay a substantial fee to switch between either daily quests givin rep or tabards.

You could reverse at any time but would need to pay say 10k gold to do so. This way people who really want to dailys can and those of us who want the tabards can pay the excess.

The point in making rep daylie quest based oposed to mob/dungeon grind based
    Last edited by KernWillia; 2012-11-14 at 08:51 AM.