Playstation 2 to Monitor (MS Paint diag. inc.)

So here's my thought process.

Monitor has an open VGA slot. Speakers have a female 3.5mm jack. PS2 is a PS2.

1 is this
    2 is this
    3 is this

PS2 to R/G/B goes into R/G/B to VGA, which goes into the monitor. PS2 to Stereo goes into Stereo Adapter which goes into speaker's female 3.5mm jack. I'll also need to grab this for the 1-2 connection.

Is everything here functional? Are there any loose ends I'm missing?

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f291/gs-...08/#post457556

In short, if your monitor supports the input you'll only need to get 3 RCA female-to-female adapters as well.

Holy cow that's a lot of info. I have no intention of doing what those pictures suggest though.

Is that the site you use for all your playstation-related info? I've been looking for a brand new Dualshock 2 controller as well, not sure where to buy and who can be trusted though.

It's one of a number of sites that Google returned after a search. I don't use a PS2 anymore

Based on what you want to do and the description of cable 1, it will not do what you want. Cable 1 goes from VGA to Component, not the way you need.
    You will need to find a cable that say it goes TO VGA as most cable don't work both ways. This http://www.amazon.ca/3-RCA-Component...2953563&sr=1-1 seems like what you'd need, but I'm not 100% sure it will work with a PS2.

The audio side and the adapter are all right.

Once those cables come in the mail I'll be sure to post if it worked or not

Please let us know! I am curious to try it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    Please let us know! I am curious to try it myself.
    I'll be sure to reply with all of the info I've gathered. Valkyrie Profile 2 just came in today, can't wait to play! Everything is "supposed" to get here by the 26th.

Edit: Just double checked my orders and it's showing that some of the stuff could arrive as late as December 5th. I don't mind waiting, so don't expect much activity here until then if my cables will arrive by then.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2012-11-17 at 09:50 AM.

I hope you realize that the 1 and 2 are both male connectors.

ps2 will require 2 things, an adapter component or HDMI to VGA DVI DP etc, and something to except your Red and White Audio cables be it a soundcard on your pc, surround sound etc, they also make a 3.5mm adapter for these cables. I use a monitor and a gaming chair myself but its HDMI and I plug in the normal xbox components into the chair for sound its great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    I hope you realize that the 1 and 2 are both male connectors.
    I think you missed a sentence;
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I'll also need to grab this for the 1-2 connection

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 06:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    ps2 will require 2 things, an adapter component or HDMI to VGA DVI DP etc, and something to except your Red and White Audio cables be it a soundcard on your pc, surround sound etc, they also make a 3.5mm adapter for these cables. I use a monitor and a gaming chair myself but its HDMI and I plug in the normal xbox components into the chair for sound its great.
    You have a gaming chair that has surround sound?

...mind posting a like, for curiosity's sake?

Pretty much all "gaming" branded chairs are 5.1 minimum.

Just wanted to give an update; Almost all of the cables are here now, but I've decided to go with the Playstation TV instead of a second monitor, simply because of an upcoming promo. I'll still try out this setup though, just to see if it'll work with cheap amazon cables. Who knows, I may have to use it one day.

Update: Everything but the Component to DVI cable has come in at this point and I'm currently using my Playstation 3D Display for a second monintor and for my PS2 since there's a component input and 2 HDMI inputs.

Just waiting for that monitor cable and I'll let you knwo if this setup will work!