Page 1 of 10
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    I hope the rep situation doesn't change...

    So, we all see a minority of people constantly crying over the fact that they feel as they have no option but to do dailies, and I cannot for the life of me see why they feel that way, it literally baffles me.

    The only items you need to be exalted for are cosmetic, mounts etc... the rest is at honoured/revered, and even they are useless by the time you get to the standing anyway.

    I could go into further detail about specific items, but in general, there is absolutely no need to do the dailies, at all. If you don't want to do them, then simply don't. It is very easy to get to the LFR ilvl for starters, in which you can start to collect all the welfare epics you need. From this point, normal mode raids are very easy, don't forget MANY guilds cleared this content in heroic blues, and geared up from there without even touching the dailies.

    After running a week or two of normals, and do the LFR on top, plus Sha of Anger, you will be plenty geared enough to start making progress on heroic modes. As I said, by the time you get to honoured/revered with which ever faction you think you need an item from, you won't need it, or it will only be a slight upgrade, to which you must ask yourself, is that REALLY "forcing" you to do dailies? The answer is no.

    Personally, I was able to hit the ilvl for LFR without a single faction item. There are plenty of craftable items, boe world drops, boots from Sha. It really isn't that difficult. Anyway, the basic point is...I hope Blizz don't buckle to the QQ from such a minority of people, most of whom probably only started in Lich Fail, and are so used to having things just...handed to them. I'm over the moon they brought in the way rep is gained, especially leaving out tabards, that was a great call.

    Ask yourself, why should rep be just handed to you, without ANY effort being put in? Would you get a promotion at work without earning your way? Does your employer just put money into your account every month without you ever going into work/doing any work(except you benefit slackers)? The ONLY valid reason to grind rep is to get access to mounts and vanity items.

    The dailies work just as they did in TBC (I guess the people crying about it missed the only good expansion pre-mop), whereas if you wanted mounts etc, you earned it.

    Actually, now I brought TBC up, the people crying about dailies now, all probably missed attunements. That's right, raids back then required you to do quest chains just to get through the doors, you have it extremely easy now, it's quite sad.

  2. #2
    As it turns out not everybody enjoys the same things as you do. Crazy I know.

  3. #3
    I cannot for the life of me see why they feel that way, it literally baffles me.
    How many alts do you have?

    3DS Friendcode: 0705 - 3279 - 0173
    Add me for Pokemon / Bravely Default
    Trainer Name: Bazlyn

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    As it turns out not everybody enjoys the same things as you do. Crazy I know.
    Ye but his point is valid. Don't cry about the daily's, just skip them if you don't want to do them.

  5. #5
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    1,408
    I am doing klaxxi/shado pa dailies .. and i hate to think i wont need to do them anymore one day..

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    As it turns out not everybody enjoys the same things as you do. Crazy I know.
    It isn't a matter of not liking the same things. It's a simple case of the minority complaining about being "forced" to do something which has been proven to be 100% optional and has literally no effect on progression, the gear is useless by the time you get to the required standing. Plenty of other things to do, as has been stated countless times.

  7. #7
    i hope you're wrong

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    Ye but his point is valid. Don't cry about the daily's, just skip them if you don't want to do them.
    His point isn't valid. He's created yet another thread that is nothing but ripping into people who don't want to play the game the same way as he does. Telling those people how to play adds absolutely nothing to this discussion.

    Great for him if he doesn't craft, doesn't have alts, doesn't have a guild that expects you to do them and has enough time or the ability to log on each day/regularly for long enough to do them, or simply enjoys questing. But many people don't have those things and have legitimate objections as to how daily focused the game is.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    How many alts do you have?
    How is that relevant? It wouldn't change the fact that dailies are 100% optional, the "we NEED the gear" argument is invalid. I have 7 alts, I don't need to do dailies with them, i've got the mounts I wanted with my main. However, I will probably still do the dailies, easy gold and they don't exactly take long to do...

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoochlol View Post
    How is that relevant? It wouldn't change the fact that dailies are 100% optional, the "we NEED the gear" argument is invalid. I have 7 alts, I don't need to do dailies with them, i've got the mounts I wanted with my main. However, I will probably still do the dailies, easy gold and they don't exactly take long to do...
    Because it's even more repetitive on alts, because crafting patterns are hidden behind rep grinds (which is my main reason for lots of alts personally), because some guilds like you to have more than one toon at a certain level of gear etc etc. I'm going to be doing those dailies for the rest of the xpac just for patterns personally.

  11. #11
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,711
    It will change, with items that grant double rep when send to your alts. Which is okay in my book. I have a JC alt still to level that would like the JC panther recipes from Cloud serpent - so a quick grind is appreciated and then..OMFG..my tailor. That bag recipe will take me ages, even with that new rep item. But hey..I am making silk every day and maybe I have loads of 28 slot bags by the end of the xpac.

    So...whatever, I do it in my time.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    His point isn't valid. He's created yet another thread that is nothing but ripping into people who don't want to play the game the same way as he does. Telling those people how to play adds absolutely nothing to this discussion.

    Great for him if he doesn't craft, doesn't have alts, doesn't have a guild that expects you to do them and has enough time or the ability to log on each day/regularly for long enough to do them, or simply enjoys questing. But many people don't have those things and have legitimate objections as to how daily focused the game is.
    Wrong.

    Firstly, at no point did I tell people "how" to play the game, I actually pointed out that the dailies are not at all a must.

    Secondly, don't craft? Did I say that? I crafted myself 2 epics, and bought a 3rd, plus the DMF trink. Didn't mention alts, because I I said a few minutes ago, having alts has literally no effect on the fact that the dailies are 100% optional. In regards to the time comment, the dailies don't take long at all. If people don't have the time to do them, then don't, it is literally THAT simple.

    The game is daily focused? Where and how? Making mounts and vanity items require people to gain rep is hardly focusing an entire game purely on dailies. It is comments such as yours that just take all credibility away from any small argument they could have, if any, about dailies.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    How many alts do you have?
    How many alts do you feel that you need to pimp out in full valor gear, and in how big a time frame...?

    You can easily gear out your alts in heroic dungeon and LFR gear, you really don't need the valor gear, at all, for anything... It's a bonus for those who put in extra effort by doing dailies.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    How many alts do you feel that you need to pimp out in full valor gear, and in how big a time frame...?

    You can easily gear out your alts in heroic dungeon and LFR gear, you really don't need the valor gear, at all, for anything... It's a bonus for those who put in extra effort by doing dailies.
    Correct. The valor gear becomes useless within a few days of being level 90, it is too low ilvl to be classed as "needed". They are just something you pick up along the way if you do the dailies to get mounts etc.

  15. #15
    The Lightbringer NatePsychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    3,723
    I'm fine with them increasing the rep from quests until Revered, but after that the rep would be reverted to how it is now. Only need to do dailies for the Revered valor gear right? Right, anything beyond Revered is for cosmetic/vanity reasons and the people that cry for more ways to get rep beyond Revered need to shut up or don't do them.

  16. #16
    played this game since beta, always hated dailys... And yeah i agree with the thread maker, we are not forced by a long shot to do theese dailys.
    Sure we get rep, to buy cosmetic rewards and soon to be useless pve gear.
    But yeah ofc if u wanna be BiS you will have to make a effort of it. Thug life, u actually have to do something besides getting wellfare epix.
    Stop crying and deal with it. IM just thankful that mop is slightly less wellfare then cata was. Atleast in the end of cata.
    Aah the days of progressing naxx40 and clearing trash for 5 hours before a boss. Aah the days of spending 14 days played to get 1-60... Aah the 288 days to get exalted with any vanilla faction... or tbc for that sake...
    Fact of the matter is, this is nothing. You are not forced by a longshot to do theese dailys.

  17. #17
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,667
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    How many alts do you have?
    First off I am personally an altoholic (had 12 85s at the end of Cata).

    However the thing people seem to forget is that we are only 7 weeks (or something) into the expansion, in pretty much every previous expansion you would have been in the same situation as you are now.

    Once we are a patch or two into the expansion leveling and gearing alts will be as easy as you remember it (and I'm referring to selective memory here).

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoochlol View Post
    Wrong.

    Firstly, at no point did I tell people "how" to play the game, I actually pointed out that the dailies are not at all a must.
    Your entire initial post is basically scolding people for not playing how you do. You even admit you can't understand how people do things differently to yourself. The fact is everyone is in a different guild/situation that has different needs. It's awesome for you that you didn't need to do them, but not everyone is you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoochlol View Post
    Secondly, don't craft? Did I say that? I crafted myself 2 epics, and bought a 3rd, plus the DMF trink. Didn't mention alts, because I I said a few minutes ago, having alts has literally no effect on the fact that the dailies are 100% optional. In regards to the time comment, the dailies don't take long at all. If people don't have the time to do them, then don't, it is literally THAT simple.
    As above it may be that simple for you but is not for everyone. Certainly as a working adult I can't log in every day, and what is a little bit of time for you is a huge deal for me. Sure they're optional, but I am absolutely behind because I can't do them, and that is making the game less fun personally because I log in and just feel bad, then obligated, then bored. I'm glad you don't care about that, but again, your thought and feelings are not everybody else's.

    As far as crafting goes my point is that all of the crafting patterns are also hidden behind these rep grinds that you don't think are important. Great for you, but I have 5 tailors to get the bag pattern on, add in my main and I'm going to be grinding to exalted with AC 6 times. That actually makes me want to die inside, not to mention simply not play rather than do it. It's really not enjoyable at all. Add in BS/LW/JC etc patterns and that is a tonne of rep grinding. The same reps over and over and over. Can you seriously not understand that crafting is an important aspect of the game for some people and that crafters are having to rep grind excessively to just be crafters here? Oh of course not, because it isn't important to you so obviously it's irrelevant for everyone else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoochlol View Post
    The game is daily focused? Where and how? Making mounts and vanity items require people to gain rep is hardly focusing an entire game purely on dailies. It is comments such as yours that just take all credibility away from any small argument they could have, if any, about dailies.
    The game is excessively focused on dailies. It is the main thing to do for many people. I don't have a problem with them being an option, but I don't like them being so core to the game. I hate questing. I don't do it unless I really feel there's no choice. I've never even leveled by questing. So to get to 90 and be told 'hey here's more quests. No you're never escaping' is not fun. I've never struggled to find stuff to do in other xpacs while not questing, I have struggled in this one (admittedly partly because of time issues), which is where my general statement of it being heavily dailies focused comes from.

  19. #19
    Not sure about your specific gearing situation, but I know that I've been limited by rep, not valor for the last month or so. Yeah, I really should have been doing more dailies, but I really dislike doing them. Especially early in the expac when there's a ton of other things that I'd rather be doing.

    I still have a few upgrades left from valor, but lack the required rep to get them. Instead I sit at 3k valor and at this point I'm just waiting for 5.1 for the item upgrades. My alts are in a similar situation. They've got 2k+ valor and not enough rep to buy stuff.

    For me, it just feels like a system designed to get more mileage out of the content. The more people you can potentially pigeon hole into content, the longer they stay subbed. A lot might do the content, but they're not necessarily having fun doing it.

  20. #20
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    Aah the days of spending 14 days played to get 1-60.
    I think it took me 30 days.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 12:33 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kebren View Post
    Not sure about your specific gearing situation, but I know that I've been limited by rep
    Aside from Shado-pan and August Celestials none of the factions requires more that a couple of days to get honored with.

    (ok exaggerating a bit probably takes a week but anyways...)
    Last edited by Maklor; 2012-11-17 at 11:41 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •