Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Wind Lord / Blade Lord WTF?

Hello guys,
    I recently noticed that the 2nd boss in HoF is called Blade-Lord Ta'yak and the 4th boss is called Wind-Lord Mel'jarak.
    Why the fuck would blizzard call the 2nd boss who casts almost only wind spells blade lord, and the 4th one who mainly has adds, who melee, wind lord.
    anyone got an idea why this is so retarded?

They wanted you to ask questions.

It's like Greenland and Iceland.

It is not retarded at all. He is called Wind Lord Mel'jarak because he is commander of aerial forces. Ta'yak is Blade Lord because his exquisite skill with blades. He is also training mantid warriors.

U mad about this? Lol...

Better unsub this is the final straw that did it.

/end satire

I believe blade lord is the best with fighting with his blade better then everyone else. and wind lord commands the air forces
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

It is funny, but recently I heard lot of ppl complaining about those two bosses being named like that :-D

Deleted
    Bugs all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Yibsu View Post
    It's like Greenland and Iceland.
    ha so true

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Bugs all over the place.
    Ha.

/does a quote count as 10chars? if not, this does, but whatever
    /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Although I believe that We never killed osama and OBAMA just used it as propaganda to win a election cause Osama's was probably dead for years I Usually am not gullible.

Wild Lord Mel'jarek is the lord of the aerial forces of the Mantids. He has a couple of abilities involving his blades, but also has a Wind Bomb. His adds have a variety of abilities including synchronized blade attacks, Amber Prisons, Corrosive Resin, healing, and buffing. In addition, it is likely that his minions were trained by other Mantid (for example, the Amber-Trappers were possibly trained by Amber-Shaper Un'Sok, the Battle-Menders may have been trained by Imperial Vizier Zor'lok, and the Elite Blademasters were possibly trained by Blade Lord Ta'yak himself. Note that these each come from a different area of Pandaria. The Amber-Trappers are from around Sra'vess in Townlong Steppes. The Battle-Menders are from around Kypari'zar in the Dread Wastes. The Elite Blademasters are from around Kor'vess in the Dread Wastes.

Blade Lord Ta'yak is a trainer, and a master of the blades. He uses Tempest Slash, Unseen Strike, Wind Step, Blade Tempest and Overwhelming Assault which are all blade techniques. Finally, while his final ability (Storm Unleashed) isn't particularly blade-related at first glance, it is caused by him spinning his blades.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to a guildie, the wind-lord uses wind to propel his blades and the blade-lord uses blades to propel his wind.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaap.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    The Mantid are a mysterious people.

Also to make you mad lolol

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    The Mantid are a mysterious people.

Also to make you mad lolol
    Oh they make you very mad especially when A MANTID TURNS YOU INTO AN AMBER THING AND LIKE LFR PEOPLE CAN'T INTERRUPT THEIR OWN CAST..@$#@%

sorry :P getting offtopic

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    This question has haunted me the day I set foot in that place.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am absoloutly outraged!

How could they do something like this, fuck the PvP mmr bugs this needs to be fixed asap

Lollll so funny, I did the mistake of naming our bladelord kill video windlord
    It is somewhat confusing since 2nd boss, bladelord, I mainly remember him for phase 2 which consist of tornadoes and wind pushback.
    While 4th boss, uses a few abilities such as tossing his blade at a random raid member and channeling a spinning blade ability.
    But after reading a few comments about the "lore" behind these two bosses, makes a lot more sense.

Yeah, if you read the lore it makes much more sense. But the names specifically... Yeah, confusing.

The other fun one is you have Gara'jal in MSV, and Garalon in HoF... Meaning my guild has nicknamed them 'Gary' and 'Other Gary'.

He's the Wind Lord because he is the leader of the Mantid aerial forces, therefore he's the Wind Lord.

And Ta'yak is called the Blade Lord because he is the Master teacher of slicing people with a Blade.

Deleted
    lal makes sense nao