Thread: Recount in D3?

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Recount in D3?

    I know a lot of people sometimes wonder which of their abilities does the most damage (well, I know I do, constantly), is there a way to check this via, for example, some form of a Recount?

    I say this, because I'm a Wizard with four different abilities that do damage (and one proc). I want to know whether or not I'm able to switch out one of them without losing too much of the damage.

    Anyone who's got something like this?
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  2. #2
    There is no in-game way to check it, and any addons would be direct violations of the ToU, and can result in a permanent suspension of your account.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    That's how blood elves procreate, since they don't have males.
    Why do you think they are addicted to magic?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    There is no in-game way to check it, and any addons would be direct violations of the ToU, and can result in a permanent suspension of your account.
    So is there another way of finding out?
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    So is there another way of finding out?
    There is no in-game way and no (legal) out-of-game way.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    That's how blood elves procreate, since they don't have males.
    Why do you think they are addicted to magic?

  5. #5
    Honestly, they should just make addons for the game. I miss alot of my addons from wow, that could easly fit into Diablo3.

    Currently the chat in Diablo3 is absolutely C.R.A.P, it bugs out so you cant scroll inn it like ever, just goes from top to bottom, and its to small for my liking (In WoW I like to keep my chat frame rather big, so I can see more lines).

    So yea, gief things like Prat, outfitter, recount for Diablo3, woulden't hurt anything Id say. I mean Diablo3's UI inn general sucks, it still needs alot of work.
    I do not hate wow. I'm just (was) very passionated about it. There is a difference. Everyone rants about thing's they think changed badly.

    Do you like Thrash Metal? Then give a like for the new round off the Big 4 Evile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JHum58R624
    Note to self: Avoid topic's you keep getting infracted on. You know why...!

  6. #6
    Indeed, I'd love addons for D3. Especially timers for buffs and debuffs. Having a timer for my Wiz's Frost Nova would help quite a bit, and CD timers for enemy abilities like Vortex/Desecrate would be really helpful as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

  7. #7
    Id love to see this, not for the dps number but for things like rage regen (might wp vs mace) or my dh's disc regen using nightstalker.

    Damage taken (spike wise) would be useful too, maybe gearing up with defensive stuff is useless since im being hit for 120k.

  8. #8
    Unfortunately, Blizzard hard coded the UI the way it is. They specifically didn't code anything for allowing any UI modifications. If they wanted to allow addons and such, they would have to re-code the ENTIRE UI. Which isn't going to happen.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    So is there another way of finding out?
    Open your eyes when you hit something? Numbers appearing above the monsters head tend to tell you how much damage you are doing.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Shocktroop View Post
    Open your eyes when you hit something? Numbers appearing above the monsters head tend to tell you how much damage you are doing.
    easier said than done. If you have a spell (lets take WD's blazing spiders for example)... it will constantly hit so often, all you see is a blur of white/yellow numbers jumbled together.

    and there is a program you can download... I have never used it and won't, as I don't want to get into uncharted territory with blizz. Heres a link to a youtube video of it in action:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=nOLkWKsocR0

  11. #11
    Titan DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    14,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Currently the chat in Diablo3 is absolutely C.R.A.P, it bugs out so you cant scroll inn it like ever, just goes from top to bottom, and its to small for my liking (In WoW I like to keep my chat frame rather big, so I can see more lines).
    Thank God... someone else who finally understands/has my same issue! >_<

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shocktroop View Post
    Open your eyes when you hit something? Numbers appearing above the monsters head tend to tell you how much damage you are doing.
    pretty much this. plus the advance tool tips give you an idea of how dmg is calculated for your spells. try turning them on.

    o, um don't follow the advice of the genius' that tell you to download 3rd party software. they're full of virus' that'll get you hacked. on top of that, even if you don't get hacked, warden may detect you and perma-ban your account.

  13. #13
    Titan DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    14,871
    Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    warden may detect you and perma-ban your account.
    ...what? Who?

  14. #14
    Legendary! Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England, Earth, Sol Star System, Milkyway Galaxy
    Posts
    6,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Honestly, they should just make addons for the game. I miss alot of my addons from wow, that could easly fit into Diablo3.

    Currently the chat in Diablo3 is absolutely C.R.A.P, it bugs out so you cant scroll inn it like ever, just goes from top to bottom, and its to small for my liking (In WoW I like to keep my chat frame rather big, so I can see more lines).

    So yea, gief things like Prat, outfitter, recount for Diablo3, woulden't hurt anything Id say. I mean Diablo3's UI inn general sucks, it still needs alot of work.
    No, No, A Thousand times No.

    Add ons cause so much elitisim I can see it now.
    LF more people for Uberbosses MP10 Must have 1 Million DPS
    I like the fact that there are no addons, everyone is on an equal playing field, and everything depends on skill.

    Yes the chat is crap, and needs fixing. That I do agree with.
    CPU :- AMD FX6350 oc 4.4ghz
    Ram :- 8gb DDR3
    Mobo :- Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    GPU :- XFX Radeon 6950 2GB
    Cooling :- Corsair H50

  15. #15
    Bloodsail Admiral Orangetai420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    1,145
    You could just run fraps while you kill a tank and spank boss like Azmodan and see how long it took you. I'm sure you can find his hp total somewhere.
    <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    ...what? Who?
    ....You know, Warden? Blizzard's 3rd-party-program detector?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

  17. #17
    You want to play d3 again? Just install diablo 2: it's d3 with more (working) stuff and it costs you just some pixels and effects

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    No, No, A Thousand times No.

    Add ons cause so much elitisim I can see it now.
    LF more people for Uberbosses MP10 Must have 1 Million DPS
    I like the fact that there are no addons, everyone is on an equal playing field, and everything depends on skill.
    ofc a 100 AR, 10k hp and 9k dps player can clear mp10 uber, just have to be skilled enough.

  19. #19
    The Lightbringer Howard Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    3,915
    I few weeks ago diablofans posted about some guy who had until now the highest DPS ever. Was this just a number based on his gear, or did they use some sort of recount to calculate it?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Holy Paladin (retired)

    "This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by inc0 View Post
    You want to play d3 again? Just install diablo 2: it's d3 with more (working) stuff and it costs you just some pixels and effects
    And gameplay and mechanics and twelve (?) years of upgraded franchise.

    As for you smartypants suggesting I "look at the numbers" - why don't you try playing something at 60, especially a CM/WW Wizard, before suggesting things that would be obvious if they worked?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 08:14 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    I few weeks ago diablofans posted about some guy who had until now the highest DPS ever. Was this just a number based on his gear, or did they use some sort of recount to calculate it?
    He killed Azmodan on MP10 in X seconds. Max health/seconds = DPS.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •