Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    I'd give it a try Sepharoth, you don't have anything to lose with it

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    I was actually thinking of playing SWTOR again with this new F2P, but that half experience gains is scaring me a bit. I've only leveled one char, a warrior, and I only got to level 49 with him, having finished my class' story at 47, and being always 3 levels behind, ie, I was level 44 on a level 47 zone for instance
    There is no half xp gain, you just don't get rest.
    WoW having more subs than SWTOR is the same thing as Justin Bieber having more youtube plays than Tupac. Just because its more popular doesn't mean its good.
    Warcraft Lore has gone from one of the most vast and interesting stories in all of gaming to a bad Thrall Fanfic by Chris Metzen.
    SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2MpjV9 7 free days and other free stuff.

  3. #43
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    I was actually thinking of playing SWTOR again with this new F2P, but that half experience gains is scaring me a bit. I've only leveled one char, a warrior, and I only got to level 49 with him, having finished my class' story at 47, and being always 3 levels behind, ie, I was level 44 on a level 47 zone for instance
    We haven't discerned whether it just means no rested or actual half speed yet. I haven't been able to look for the link

  4. #44
    Yea I haven't found anything for sure about the xp thing yet and Joveth hasn't gotten back to me about it yet so I am not sure on that one.

  5. #45
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yea I haven't found anything for sure about the xp thing yet and Joveth hasn't gotten back to me about it yet so I am not sure on that one.
    I noticed less XP per kill while levelling to 17 on the PTS. I did every mission as usual and still had to grind out 1.5 levels on NPC's to get to my usual 17 by the 2nd planet (DK)

    EDIT: Found this screenshot, will keep looking for actual confirmation: http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps4a66212e.png
    Last edited by Jamos77; 2012-11-14 at 07:41 PM.
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    I noticed less XP per kill while levelling to 17 on the PTS. I did every mission as usual and still had to grind out 1.5 levels on NPC's to get to my usual 17 by the 2nd planet (DK)
    You can't use the pts as the end all be all. There were SO many different problems on he PTS that I was able to find, so less experience could have been another screw up on their part.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    I noticed less XP per kill while levelling to 17 on the PTS. I did every mission as usual and still had to grind out 1.5 levels on NPC's to get to my usual 17 by the 2nd planet (DK)
    "Every mission" includes group missions like "Friends of Old" and "Hadra's Defeat"? Unlocked every part of the map? Discovered each datacron?

    Did you get rested XP for staying in a cantina?

  8. #48
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    You can't use the pts as the end all be all. There were SO many different problems on he PTS that I was able to find, so less experience could have been another screw up on their part.
    I agree completely. That's why I'm lookin for confirmation that this screenshot will be relevant on Live Servers or not: http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps4a66212e.png
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  9. #49
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    You can't use the pts as the end all be all. There were SO many different problems on he PTS that I was able to find, so less experience could have been another screw up on their part.
    Yeah except the exact announcement I read and his screenshot say that F2P specifically starts earning less experience at level 10. So it is as bad as I thought. Googling got me a RPS article stating that Bioware did in fact say a reduced experience rate. So I was right, even though I wanted it to only apply to rested.

    That really sucks.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    If I want to pretend SWTOR is the KOTOR 3+ set of games that I will never get, and play it as a single player RPG, will F2P allow me to do just that? I'm not interested in Warzones, Flashpoints and anything else (I don't understand most of these terms anyway), just the ability to experience the story unhindered.

    Yay or nay?
    I enjoyed leveling quite a bit; Sith Warrior story line was amazing.

    With that in mind, I'd say yes, it's worth it to see the story. The rest of the game is not worth a single penny, however.
    Top tier 25M progression raiding on 12 hours per week.
    http://www.temerityofwindrunner.com/
    US 15th Garrosh - US 19th Ra-den ** US 19th Sha of Fear

  11. #51
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by gamz247 View Post
    "Every mission" includes group missions like "Friends of Old" and "Hadra's Defeat"? Unlocked every part of the map? Discovered each datacron?

    Did you get rested XP for staying in a cantina?
    I never bother with rested xp until I hit the 3rd planet as it accrues too slowly to be a real help during the lower levels. I've now leveled up 16 characters to lvl 17 or higher. I do the same missions always, it's now second nature to me when grinding a new PTS toon. My observation isn't proof at all. It's just something I noticed a while ago while levelling up (again) on the PTS. I'm currently looking for proof and I hope I don't find any tbh.
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  12. #52
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,275
    Confirmed from Schuberts mouth: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20121107

    Free-to-Play players will earn experience more slowly, for example, and several aspects of the gameplay experience are limited

  13. #53
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Confirmed from Schuberts mouth: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20121107
    Normally I'd take that and stop looking myself for proof. However with BW's love of fcking up simple communication and making everything so ambiguous that may mean they're removing rested XP and so in Schubert's eyes 'they will earn XP more slowly...as they don't accure rested xp like everyone else'.

    I'm leaning more towards your interpretation though.
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  14. #54
    Okay, I think people are missing the real question.

    Is the 1 to 50 experience worth playing? Yes. It is.

    Exp gains a slower? I remember grinding in final fantasy like I had no life. It didn't bother me. In fact, the extra hours it added were part of the reason I enjoyed it.
    Only 2 bars? You don't really need a crazy amount of bars till 50 when you have to have both pvp and pve abilities on your bars.

    Like, seriously.

    Its free. You don't need to ask us if its "worth it". You can just trying it and find out for yourself. Without spending money.
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Arsenal, Nighthawk, Raptor, Tigerclaw
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  15. #55
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Okay, I think people are missing the real question.

    Is the 1 to 50 experience worth playing? Yes. It is.

    Exp gains a slower? I remember grinding in final fantasy like I had no life. It didn't bother me. In fact, the extra hours it added were part of the reason I enjoyed it.
    Only 2 bars? You don't really need a crazy amount of bars till 50 when you have to have both pvp and pve abilities on your bars.

    Like, seriously.

    Its free. You don't need to ask us if its "worth it". You can just trying it and find out for yourself. Without spending money.
    Good way to end this thread for me...I'm off to re-watch the new GTA V trailer! /bounce
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  16. #56
    Well I've only played the trial (so up to 15/end of prologue) but I would say yes, absolutely it's worth it.

    Frankly, I've found the writing in the Imperial Agent story at least to be superior to anything that was in KOTOR 1 (I have yet to play KOTOR 2). I've been playing it basically as a singleplayer game and having fun. The MMO hotkey mashing combat is tiresome, but then again I guess it isn't *that* much worse than the combat in most RPGs. Even the throw away quests are more enjoyable than what I've seen in many RPGs.

    Like you I'm not interested in any of the PvP or social stuff, only in a good Star Wars story and that's what it's been so far. (though the Flashpoints are little mini-stories in themselves so you might want to check those out)

    (Sith Warrior is also great from what I've seen of it, just a pure powertrip... wasn't into the Jedi Knight side of things myself, just a bit too Mary Sueish for my tastes, though maybe it gets better)
    Last edited by noxnoctum; 2012-11-14 at 08:08 PM.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    No. It's like leveling a new toon where they double the XP you need to level. Having no heirlooms would mean it's the normal amount of time. The leveling time was increased for F2P. Additionally, you won't have access to all your abilities past a certain point because you won't have enough action bars for them. Any quest where you die within areas of dense mobs will be frustrating and cumbersome, as you will have to reclear them all to proceed. There is no 'run back to your body' here.

    Additionally, your ability to do anything other than grind quests (which you might actually run out of with this new system) is limited. Little flashpoints, PvP, etc to boost your experience and give you a break from questing.

    The story is worth it, but not with those restrictions.
    What complete rubbish, there is heaps of quests and bonus series to complete that most people skip when levelling normally. You also don't need more than 2 action bars while levelling.

  18. #58
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Only 2 bars? You don't really need a crazy amount of bars till 50 when you have to have both pvp and pve abilities on your bars.
    ...the hell? Who are you and what have you done with hk-51?

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgrym View Post
    I enjoyed leveling quite a bit; Sith Warrior story line was amazing.

    With that in mind, I'd say yes, it's worth it to see the story. The rest of the game is not worth a single penny, however.
    Agree with your first line, disagree with your second. The new FPs and OPs released after launch have all been top notch and equal if not better than you will find in other MMOs.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrin View Post
    ...the hell? Who are you and what have you done with hk-51?
    For just leveling or dicking around its not that big a deal.

    Now if we are talking about a real f2p model? Its crap.

    The OP is looking at this as an extended trial mode / single player game.

    Basically, in this ONE CASE. It is totally fine for what this player wants to do.

    I think at lot of people aren't reading the OPs post.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-11-14 at 09:26 PM.
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Arsenal, Nighthawk, Raptor, Tigerclaw
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •