Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Screw daily quests, I had a week brake from the game - came back yesterday and raided with my guild. Still no problems keeping up with the others in DPS, even though I havent done my daily quests :O Crazy right?

Daily quests is a way for OTHER people than the raiders to achieve gear they have no need for. Raiders will pretty much get what they need from the raids (Maybe there is som BiS in the valor gear, but then it's up to you - get full BiS set and feel awesome, or screw it and have a blast)

Stop the crying about those quests allready, they was fun the first week in my opinion, now they are dull and boring and thus I dont do them.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

sounds brilliant. tbh we should expand on this concept. daily hc could be a weekly hc that give 7*80 vp (loots drops could increse 7times aswell). daily bg could be weekly and give 700 conquest points. (and 7times the honor ofc). raids could get a month cd and drop 4-5 times the loot to compensate. (or maybe more? a year raid cd and 52times the loot on every kill?).

now sarcasm aside..

Am i the only one who actually anjoys having things to do ingame? Im exalted with all factions.. i actually enjoyed farming the reputation, and im already looking forward to the next set of dailys coming in the next patch.
    I ENJOY HAVING THINGS TO DO IN WORLD OF WARCRAFT

I think your suggestion is bad simply because there whould be less to do ingame if it were implemented. and i enjoy having things to do in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    sounds brilliant. tbh we should expand on this concept. daily hc could be a weekly hc that give 7*80 vp (loots drops could increse 7times aswell). daily bg could be weekly and give 700 conquest points. (and 7times the honor ofc). raids could get a month cd and drop 4-5 times the loot to compensate. (or maybe more? a year raid cd and 52times the loot on every kill?).

now sarcasm aside..

Am i the only one who actually anjoys having things to do ingame? Im exalted with all factions.. i actually enjoyed farming the reputation, and im already looking forward to the next set of dailys coming in the next patch.

I think your suggestion is bad simply because there whould be less to do ingame if it were implemented. and i enjoy having things to do in wow.
    ^^ Trolling is a art bro. you're good.

Don't need a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

There is nothing you can get from rep that you can't get elsewhere in game. Patterns? Someone else has them already, have it made.
    If you want to make money by selling items made with a rep pattern, that's your CHOICE.

Gear? Better gear from the first raid, for every single slot for almost every spec. Clearing the first raid takes what? MAYBE 1 1/2 hours for a bad group.

Compare that with dailies and the choice is simple if you don't like dailies.

If a person doesn't have time to raid once a week, they definitely don't have time to do dailies for even one day, or they are straight lying.

For those complaining they don't raid but they need better gear. Lies. You need better gear for what? To do the dailies you aren't doing, but faster?

It all works out with common sense.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    The solution is already in the game, but people just aren't paying attention to it.

Dailies do not need to be done every day. If you want to do them every day, go for it, but you do not need to. A lot of slack has been built into the system to ensure that you can skip a few days every so often (or even an entire week if you like), and you won't fall behind in any significant way.

Exalted is completely optional. Revered is simple to get, and you don't even need to get revered with all factions ASAP due to the weekly valor cap. So long as you hit revered with at least 1 faction every couple of weeks, then you're on target and can't spend your valor points any faster or get geared quicker.

As for the charms, again, you only need to do 45 dailies per week, or ~6-7 per day. That's easy.

The players have forced themselves to do dailies every day. Not Blizzard. Blizzard have built in a lot of clever slack points so that you can skip a few days of dailies and still stay competitive. Or even not do them at all, your choice.

There is no daily problem. There is a community problem where people cannot control themselves and feel forced to do dailies, when the only person forcing them is themselves. THIS problem is why we got less content in prior expansions; because of this exact community backlash.
    This 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    Or how about you get everything exalted and mailbox full of epics when you ding 90? What's the point of rewards you don't have to even work for.
    This also 100% and while we're at it I suggest that new characters start at level 90 instead of level 1.

The only thing I kind of agree with of what the OP said is the fact you murder the same mobs over and over and over and over again and it feels a little unrealistic that they're back so fast. However, thats just the way it is. In fact in raids and dungeons it's the same and 5 minutes after you killed a boss in a dungeon you can queue again and kill the same boss again.

IF the dailies would be changed I would prefer a bigger emphesis on actual epic quest chains that give reputation. Quest chains that once you've done them you can't do them again. I would not remove dailies completely either, just leave a decent amount there and give the possibility to gain rep by doing challenging quest chains as well (not all the way either). I can think of many ways I would enjoy gaining reputations through questing that don't directly involve dailies. However, I don't mind the way dailies work at the moment either.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post

now sarcasm aside..

I agree with you, this expansion I've had something to do every minute I'm online. If I queue for HCs - I do daily quests while I wait. When I queue for BGs - I do daily quests to make the time go faster. If I queue for arena - well... then I queue and get instant invite.

If Blizzard didnt make the daily quests like this, people would be complaining about nothing to do. Now they complain about there is to much to do.
    I'm so glad I don't work at Blizzard, must be a pain in the ass trying to make all the customers happy.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

People in Wow Lack self control.

Did you know wow wasn't designed for no-lifers who play 6-8 hours every day ? No game is. That's just unrealistic.
    It's been 6-7 weeks now ? some people have every class 90 and most reputations completed. :/

My point is, Dailies are working fine for the most part, the vocal minority are finding something out of nothing

I feel pity for the players that after all these years still spend more time on WoW than, Family, Job, study, Friends other hobbies etc.

MoP is the great choice that if you spend 5-40's a week you can progress

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    Don't need a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

There is nothing you can get from rep that you can't get elsewhere in game. Patterns? Someone else has them already, have it made.
    If you want to make money by selling items made with a rep pattern, that's your CHOICE.

Gear? Better gear from the first raid, for every single slot for almost every spec. Clearing the first raid takes what? MAYBE 1 1/2 hours for a bad group.

Compare that with dailies and the choice is simple if you don't like dailies.

If a person doesn't have time to raid once a week, they definitely don't have time to do dailies for even one day, or they are straight lying.

For those complaining they don't raid but they need better gear. Lies. You need better gear for what? To do the dailies you aren't doing, but faster?

It all works out with common sense.
    You're saying a bad raid group can down all 6 bosses in 1 - 1/2 hours? No way

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    There isn't a "problem" there are players with no sense, If you don't want to do the dailys all the time then don't lol, i really want to be exalted with Shado-pan/Cloud serpent peeps i'm revered with Shado-pan but haven't even started the Cloud peoples quests, Why? Because this expac has just started, and rushing to do everything to only get burnt out and then complain i've nothing to do is pointless imo

Noone is "forced" to do them, Do them if you want to do, If you want to get the rewards then bloody well work for them! If you don't feel like doing dailys, don't, this is just a game you're supposed to play it for fun, not like it's a job=)
    this - absolutely. i've not bothered with cloud serpents at all on my monk... yet

i took a week off for launch and levelled my paladin to 90, even though he is no longer my main, he's got all my achieves and stuff so i did lorewalker and then started grinding rep - but only with a couple of factions: (as the news of 5.1 rep changes was announced)

the tillers: for my farm, so i could grow motes of harmony
    the cloudserpents: for a cloud serpent obviously. but i only did up to revered, as i'll be focusing on my monk. but this way i dont worry about it til 5.1 when it gets nerfed for alts on your account. also helped by having max fishing, cooking and archaeology on my pala, so wasn't difficult at all.
    the anglers: my paladin has max fishing, my monk didn't even have a pole. ideally i wanted to get the fishing book, but you need revered with nat pagle, so once i found that out, i gave up doing it on my pally.

i didn't even bother with klaxxi or golden lotus as my paladin wasn't gonna be my main.

so after 90 levels, my monk is finally ready for the grind:

klaxxi - now at revered. i've stopped until 5.1 (when revered to exalted rep is +100%) i need the belt from valor, but by the time i have the valor, i will probably have picked one up from LFR.
    golden lotus - revered. again, stopped until 5.1. dont need any rewards, but want the crane mount
    shadow pan - just got honoured. but i dont need any rewards, just want the tiger mount.
    august celestials - i do them when it's the white tiger temple, or the crane temple. otherwise i dont bother.
    the anglers - on the weekends when i have time, i'm slowly levelling fishing through these dailies.
    the tillers - exalted. the only dailies i do daily, i like my farm, it gives me free stuff, it's also pretty quick and easy.
    the cloud serpents - on hold until 5.1

out of all the "gear" reputations, i only actually needed 2 pieces of valor gear, the rest of it all came from LFR, LFG and normal MSV. i'm not in a super hardcore guild or anything (pretty far from tbh), but we're at least able to clear a couple bosses in normal MSV in blues, LFR and crafted gear. i didn't have any valor gear at all the first time i killed stone guard on normal, it's simply not needed unless you are totally fail. yes it helps, but it's not an essential part of the gearing process.

grinding out all the dailies is something for people who dont raid or dungeon to have at, it's not for your average joe. average joe is expected to run dungeons and LFR to gear past valor vendors.

also, yay for charms of good fortune... i'm on my third stack of lesser charms now, i mostly only get gold, but they are damn handy. also, apparently you can run raid finder multiple times a week and still get your bonus roll on a boss if you have already killed it. so long as you have charms, you should be able to bonus roll on a boss you've already killed during the reset.
    <insert witty signature here>

As I've said in a few of the other 2,381 dailies QQ thread, it is mainly a problem when you start leveling alts. Yes, it is a bit grindy, but if you go back to daily limits, or some other thing, you're back to Cata, where people finish all 25 dailies in 45 minutes, run one dungeon, then log out, come here, and complain about daily limits and how dungeons are too hard.

To my mind, the issues are:
    1) you have to be revered with certain factions to purchase the choice Valor gear(i.e. Klaxxi belt, legs) and on alts will likely hit cap before you can buy them.
    2) the honored level Valor gear isn't that compelling in the context of launch coinciding with an event where people probably got two epic rings if they leveled in time for Hallow's End (and lucked out with RNG for necks on all of their toons).
    3) the combination of Valor, Charms, and rep makes doing the dailies very compelling. That said, you don't have to do them, you just feel like you have to because they are so rewarding. In this respect, we're blaming Blizzard for giving us too much and asking them to take it away.
    4) Valor of the Ancients - this must be about the best buff ever, along with the coming rep buff, but I bet I am not the only one rushing to cap by Friday so I can use the buff on LFR and dungeons on my alts. This is another 'I hate Blizzard for giving me something so awesome' gripe. Last week I capped two toons, and would probably have gotten 500-600 on any other 90's if I had them.

Realistically, if you run Golden Lotus and Klaxxi dailies every day(or sub Shado pan for Klaxxi) LFR, and 1-2 dungeons, you are Valor capped by Friday, and after 4 weeks you have 600 charms in your bag, and are revered with everyone. If you keep running dailies at this point, it's either because you want to be exalted, or you still think the reward is too great, or you just can't bring yourself to log out and read a book.

As I said, from my perspective, The issue relates more to applying the above to leveling alts, but as has also been pointed out, we're less than 2 months into an expac and working on our third or fourth toons because the others are fully raid geared? And doing it while playing less than we did during Cata(and with a hell of a lot fewer wipes)? What kind of sick, twisted sociopaths are we, anyway?

Remove reputation requirements to purchase jp/vp gear. Problem solved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kyraka View Post
    Remove reputation requirements to purchase jp/vp gear. Problem solved.
    Actually no, that would only solve the problem of people QQ'ing, and create new ones instead.

They basically have. There's some slots which are honored instead of revered, and honored is attained incredibly easily by simply questing through the relevant zone.

Then you get a few crafted items, run a few heroics, get the ilevel for LFR and there you go. You're done.
    This does solve the first problem of ilvl requirement being too high for unlucky people. It doesn't solve the problem of RNG for specific slot giving the impression there is nothing one can do to improve except dailies, thus "forcing" to do them. (Well, there is something : PvPing for conquest gear, but it's still saying : the rewards of raiding (VP) are not helping you filling slots if you don't do something that is not raiding.)

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Funny stuff, Blizz must of got the expansion right, as players are qq'ing over something that isn't even required.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Making them weekly might be an improvement for some people, including me. I really do not have an issue with the fact that I have to earn access to items. But to be honest, the issue I have with daily quests is, that they are neither challanging nor fun. Daily quests are just an example of poor game design and a lack of interest/time to create better content. If they created some nonrepetitive quest chains with some story behind this would solve the issue for me personally.

But as stated many times before dailies are not mandatory, so I decided to just not do them. And if you think that they are not fun, so should you.

The solution is already in the game, but people just aren't paying attention to it.

Dailies do not need to be done every day. If you want to do them every day, go for it, but you do not need to. A lot of slack has been built into the system to ensure that you can skip a few days every so often (or even an entire week if you like), and you won't fall behind in any significant way.

Exalted is completely optional. Revered is simple to get, and you don't even need to get revered with all factions ASAP due to the weekly valor cap. So long as you hit revered with at least 1 faction every couple of weeks, then you're on target and can't spend your valor points any faster or get geared quicker.

As for the charms, again, you only need to do 45 dailies per week, or ~6-7 per day. That's easy.

The players have forced themselves to do dailies every day. Not Blizzard. Blizzard have built in a lot of clever slack points so that you can skip a few days of dailies and still stay competitive. Or even not do them at all, your choice.

There is no daily problem. There is a community problem where people cannot control themselves and feel forced to do dailies, when the only person forcing them is themselves. THIS problem is why we got less content in prior expansions; because of this exact community backlash.
    This isn't the issue.

The issue is: Dailies are not fun. Gating everything behind them is not fun, it even edges toward annoying.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    They could just bring back rep tabbards.

Simple's

Sorry but I stopped reading after "Simply switch the dailies to weeklys, increase the reputation gained x7 per quest... everyone wins.". The point of the dailies is that people have something to do.

The problem with this community (or a part of it) is that people want to get everything while they don't have time for it or don't actually want to go through the process of getting it. If you don't have time then just live with it. If you don't want to do dailies then don't do them. If you want to min/max your character so much then do it and stop complaining.

I don't always enjoy doing dailies especially since I have been doing them every day for a month. Now that I am revered with every faction I need gear from I barely do them anymore. But if they would make it 'weeklies' and I would like to do more than just one day of dailies I would be capped once again and need to wait for next week. And that is the problem right there. You could do everything to progress your character (besides raiding normal/heroic) in one day and then you HAVE TO wait the rest of the week to have more to do. You are not alone in this game.
    We have been there already when character progression was so easily available and it bored the shit out of people.

So, to sum it up: If you don't have time then just don't do them everyday and get over it! It's not game breaking. JUST STOP DOING THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It is not an issue for everyone. You are in no position to decide if it is a good or bad design concept. I have 10 000 dailies completed. I like quests and dailies. You speak for you and the people who actively complain.
    I'm aware. It's still the larger issue for people who are complaining, which is the basis of this thread after all.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post

Imagine Jeff Goldblum saying: "QQ will find a way."
    I loled so much xD

@OP: /ignore dailies after reaching revered except klaxxi which is easy to raise up to exalted. That's what i did.