Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Sorry but I stopped reading after "Simply switch the dailies to weeklys, increase the reputation gained x7 per quest... everyone wins.". The point of the dailies is that people have something to do.

    The problem with this community (or a part of it) is that people want to get everything while they don't have time for it or don't actually want to go through the process of getting it. If you don't have time then just live with it. If you don't want to do dailies then don't do them. If you want to min/max your character so much then do it and stop complaining.

    I don't always enjoy doing dailies especially since I have been doing them every day for a month. Now that I am revered with every faction I need gear from I barely do them anymore. But if they would make it 'weeklies' and I would like to do more than just one day of dailies I would be capped once again and need to wait for next week. And that is the problem right there. You could do everything to progress your character (besides raiding normal/heroic) in one day and then you HAVE TO wait the rest of the week to have more to do. You are not alone in this game.
    We have been there already when character progression was so easily available and it bored the shit out of people.

    So, to sum it up: If you don't have time then just don't do them everyday and get over it! It's not game breaking. JUST STOP DOING THEM!

  2. #42
    Legendary! Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    6,153
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It is not an issue for everyone. You are in no position to decide if it is a good or bad design concept. I have 10 000 dailies completed. I like quests and dailies. You speak for you and the people who actively complain.
    I'm aware. It's still the larger issue for people who are complaining, which is the basis of this thread after all.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  3. #43
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post

    Imagine Jeff Goldblum saying: "QQ will find a way."
    I loled so much xD

    @OP: /ignore dailies after reaching revered except klaxxi which is easy to raise up to exalted. That's what i did.

  4. #44
    Legendary! Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    6,153
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    As a blue poster said today: "The hyperbole is deafening" Guilds have defeated heroic bosses without the items needed for rep. You just say, you are too bad to do the same. Even normal raids are tuned towards ilv 463. In turn, normal raids drop better gear than VP gear. If you WANT or NEED to have VP epics to beat them, it is YOUR choice
    By the same virtue, it's YOUR choice if you want to study before an exam. But in general, if you want to do well, you must revise.

    Pointing the best players in the world as an example to the rest of us that we can be like them is asinine, in the same way that you could point to that naturally gifted kid in your class that didn't need to revise.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  5. #45
    First of: I don't like dailies how they are nowadays. I try to not do them, and even missed a good amount of coins due to that.

    Now to the real problem I have with the current system. I can not chose to start doing Shado-Pan or Celestial dailies/rep. I have to do Golden Lotus till revered to unlock those and maybe that's a nonissue, but for me I'd like to have the choice which of the factions I do dailies for instead of doing a specific one first just to unlock the faction im interested in.

    Someone earlier said, that you get all factions to honored just from questing. But looking at the armory of my Monk with whom I did the panda "loremaster" I don't see Shado-Pan or Celestial as honored. I have it with Klaxxi (which is actually the only reputation from leveling that goes to honored right away) and with Golden Lotus after around a week worth of dailies.
    I would complain less (I actually stopped complaining anyway) if the choice would be there. But as it stands now I stand with my statement: "Currently dailies suck"

  6. #46
    I haven't done dailies on any of my characters in about 3 weeks. Doesn't bother me. They're definitely optional.

  7. #47
    Brewmaster Banzhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    The problem with this community (or a part of it) is that people want to get everything while they don't have time for it or don't actually want to go through the process of getting it. If you don't have time then just live with it. If you don't want to do dailies then don't do them. If you want to min/max your character so much then do it and stop complaining.
    You could have settled for that sir, anyone not able to comprehend the above needs a brain transplant!

    In case it slipped your attention OP, it's a few kids whining about dailies because they can't wrap they're feeble minds around the concept of purples requiring time =/= effort to get instead of just hitting a button and getting it instantly, the only reason it seem like there's a lot of complaints is because these same kids keep posting new threads about it.

  8. #48
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    601
    the system is fine. if your qq'ing about it, the issue lies with you.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    By the same virtue, it's YOUR choice if you want to study before an exam. But in general, if you want to do well, you must revise.

    Pointing the best players in the world as an example to the rest of us that we can be like them is asinine, in the same way that you could point to that naturally gifted kid in your class that didn't need to revise.
    The fact that you compare exams to a simple game like WoW already says enough.

    Also, if you can't clear a raid that is tuned for ilvl 463 with full ilvl 463 items from 'heroic' 5 mans plus all the shit you get from LFR/sha of anger and even crafting you have more problems than valor rewards locked behind reputation.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2012-11-14 at 12:39 PM.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by ThackerSS View Post
    Simply switch the dailies to weeklys, increase the reputation gained x7 per quest... everyone wins.
    No.

    Dailies are and should remain a part of the game. And while I'd like to see weeklies, monthlies and even randomly timed quests I don't think this addresses the current issues.

    1: The dailies are seen as mandatory. They offer charms, VPs, rep. Rep allows to buy gear and spend VPs. Charms allow you to gear quicker
    2: The Golden Lotus dailies are especially critical. Whch is a shame as they tend to be some of the worst designed and ill thought through dailies in game right now.

    To redeem dailies, ou simply need to ensure they are't mandatory, but simply content.

    1: The Shadopan and August Celestials rep ned to be unhooked from the GLs, or at least made available much earlier
    2: VP gear needs to be available much earlier as well. Recipes, tabards, mounts, pets etc can be at exalted. Even faction based transmog gear. Gear raiders are to sue? No. They need to be gated by VP, not rep.
    3: The GL dailies need to get a higher rep reward. Even if that means fewer dailies to compensate, players need to feel the reward is commensurate with the ffort. Right now, it isn't. This is an issue that affects VP rewards as well.
    4: There needs to be alternate ways to obtain Charms, and Rep so players aren't locked into dailies.

    Do this, you'd end up with dailies as optional end game content, and which are a viable ALTERNATIVE to dungeons and raids.

    EJL

  11. #51
    Mechagnome kojinshugi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Posts
    516
    There is no "daily problem".

    What there is is a mass of idiots who can't do basic arithmetic. If you're after valor gear, you can take your sweet time with pretty much everything, because you can't buy most of the gear anyway. There's ONE daily grind that's "required", and that's Golden Lotus. That's about two weeks of dailies. Which is 2000 VP. Buy the ring for 1250, next week you have 1750 for the shoulders. You can entirely stop with GL at this point and just do a week tops of Shado Pan (you should be close to revered already due to zone quests).

    Complaining about two weeks worth of dailies to get access to raid-equivalent epics from running heroics is ridiculous entitlement. Just to get the shoulder enchants in Wrath, we had to do the same boring set of crap for Sons of Hodir every day. To even get into heroics in BC we had to get to honored with the faction, and/or do long questlines to get attunement.

    VP gear is gated via dailies for a reason. The exalted rewards exist for a reason. They exist as a progression path for non-raiders. You do solo content for a few months, and you have a bunch of 489 epics. If you're a raider, you don't HAVE to do anything but get a couple of factions to revered, unless you're colossally unlucky with drops.

    If the "problem" is that the most efficient avenue of min/max gearing is to quickly grind down every possible progression path, then either enjoy the fact that you have content, or stop being an OCD min-maxer.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

  12. #52
    Legendary! Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    6,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    The fact that you compare exams to a simple game like WoW already says enough.
    Oh, what a detailed critique, thanks for that, I can really use your argument to better understand my own.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analogy
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  13. #53
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Northern part of Sweden
    Posts
    1,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Before this change:
    "ffs blizz dailies are like workin. they b mandatory. aint got nobody time for dat. stupid retards at blizz givin me chores. i cant do dailys and be competetetif"

    After these changes:
    "wtf blizz, old system was good. so i need to do em every week now?? rtards classic wow without changes was better. mop kills wow i quit"
    Pretty much spot on.
    "If you are going to do something, including being an alcoholic, don't half-ass it. /Cheers." - Vezrah, 2012

  14. #54
    How about this............ you do your rep farm to exalted with a faction the tabard you buy at exalted from the vendor becomes boa and acts like a rep tabard for alts therefore blizzard is still seeing people doing content but not to the extreme of every alt you have.
    I QQ at QQers who QQ about people QQing

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephismo View Post
    They could just bring back rep tabbards.

    Simple's
    Yeah, cause running same dungeons over and over again for reputation only is so much more fun.

  16. #56
    Dailies are not required to progress or even raid with your character therefore no solution to them is needed.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    Yeah, cause running same dungeons over and over again for reputation only is so much more fun.
    I agree and so does the majority of players. The solution to dailies is not dailies. It's to let people who were ok with the way they got rep the years before MoP get it the same way they were ok with.

  18. #58
    Mechagnome kojinshugi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    1: The dailies are seen as mandatory. They offer charms, VPs, rep. Rep allows to buy gear and spend VPs. Charms allow you to gear quicker
    Bullcrap. You have to actively avoid doing ANY dailies to not be drowning in charms. I think I have over a thousand rotting in my bank.

    2: The Golden Lotus dailies are especially critical. Whch is a shame as they tend to be some of the worst designed and ill thought through dailies in game right now.
    There's nothing "ill thought through" about them. They're fine, close to the hub, and they vary every day. Even if you don't particularly like them, revered takes less than two weeks. Then you NEVER have to do them again.

    To redeem dailies, ou simply need to ensure they are't mandatory, but simply content.
    Dailies are not mandatory. VP gear is not mandatory. You can gear yourself perfectly well using heroics and LFR, and crafted items.

    1: The Shadopan and August Celestials rep ned to be unhooked from the GLs, or at least made available much earlier
    No, because you won't have the VP to spend on their gear anyway. You'll unlock them by the end of your second week at 90, and Shadopan are already almost Revered just from questing in Townlong.

    2: VP gear needs to be available much earlier as well. Recipes, tabards, mounts, pets etc can be at exalted. Even faction based transmog gear. Gear raiders are to sue? No. They need to be gated by VP, not rep.
    VP gear is not intended as raid rewards. Raid boss drops are intended as raid rewards. VP gear is intended as a backup source of gear for raiders, but it is primarily a progression path for non-raiders. By the next tier of raiding, the rep gear will go to JP anyway, making this all moot.

    3: The GL dailies need to get a higher rep reward. Even if that means fewer dailies to compensate, players need to feel the reward is commensurate with the ffort. Right now, it isn't. This is an issue that affects VP rewards as well.
    It's not a goddamn effort to do half an hour of dailies for under two weeks.

    4: There needs to be alternate ways to obtain Charms, and Rep so players aren't locked into dailies.
    No, there does not. Charms are rewards for doing dailies. Epic weapons are rewards for killing raid bosses. If you play more aspects of the game, you'll be rewarded more. Imagine that.

    Do this, you'd end up with dailies as optional end game content, and which are a viable ALTERNATIVE to dungeons and raids.
    Dailies are optional end game content, just like raiding is optional end game content. For someone who CHOOSES to do both, the reward mechanisms synergize and give greater reward.

    Why are you not whining that crafting for perks is "mandatory"? Why are you not whining that leveling itself is "mandatory"? This is not, has never been, or will ever be some sort of Guild Wars clone where you can settle entirely into your shallow niche of gameplay and ignore the rest of the game, and get exactly the same rewards.
    Last edited by kojinshugi; 2012-11-14 at 12:50 PM. Reason: fixed broken tags
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    No, because you won't have the VP to spend on their gear anyway. You'll unlock them by the end of your second week at 90, and Shadopan are already almost Revered just from questing in Townlong.
    Please do tell me how you are almost revered with shado pan just from questing in Townlong. I am a human with the rep racial and in a lvl 25 guild. I have completed all Kun-Lia shado pan quests completed all townlong quests and the sha quest for boots and i just hit honored.

    Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post

    No, there does not. Charms are rewards for doing dailies. Epic weapons are rewards for killing raid bosses. If you play more aspects of the game, you'll be rewarded more. Imagine that.
    I have seen many people win weapons from raid bosses using the coin system so your argument is invalid.
    Last edited by scoona; 2012-11-14 at 12:58 PM.
    I QQ at QQers who QQ about people QQing

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    This isn't the issue.

    The issue is: Dailies are not fun. Gating everything behind them is not fun, it even edges toward annoying.
    First what's fun for you might not be the same as what's fun for me.

    Second, "everything" is gated behind dailies?! You sure about that?

    My alt hasn't touched dailies, not in the slightest because I have a main for that and in 5.1 rep gets easier, yet my alts geared for both LFR and normal raiding?! How is that possible without dailies? Witchcraft?

    Now is that toon wearing the best gear possible to him, no, because I made the 'choice' to not do dailies, partly because I didn't want to and partly to prove the point that they aren't needed.

    If you need to be wearing the type of gear that drops from a raid before you can complete the raid then I'd question if the problem isn't somewhere else.

    And this isn't me saying I'm amazing, I'm about average, but I know the problems we've had clearing content is down to the players and not because they need to be overgeared in order to complete content.

    Honestly, I just don't understand how people can be so blinkered when it comes to this, are you forced to level every profession (or more possible, two crafting professions with another toon doing all the farming) so you can get the best bonuses? Of course not, but you can, again it's a choice you make.

    "my guild wants me to....." is another popular phrase thrown around as if the actions of a group of people unconnected with blizzard is in some way blizzards problem?!

    Well there's a top raiding guild on my server that Italian, and I being forced to learn Italian to raid? Or is what they require and what's needed to raid with them two separate things?

    Also just because this really does confuse me, what does it say about a person who a) can't see how optional they are and b) does something that is optional enough to hate something they used to enjoy? What kind of bizarre lack of self control is that?!
    "The fact that you don't get it or like it is fine. The fact that you wanna ruin it for everyone else - that's why you're a cocksucker." - Bill Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The playerbase has been desiring this for years and when it's finally here, everyone wants to grab a pitchfork. Ridiculous. This community is disgustingly toxic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •